What is the obsession with scalping?

@Blackduck

That makes sense but where would you exit in the event it doesn’t work out. Is it at the same place as your original entry?

Full time trading is only for professional traders it is not for everyone… Patience is one of the most valued skills in trading. You have to remember to only strike when the time is right! :heavy_check_mark: :100: :top: :boom:

That would depend on exactly where my stop was. I usually make a decision quickly once I can see that I am on the wrong side of the trade.

In otherworlds I use my discretion.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

As an algo trader you don’t need patience do you?? Just set and forget.

Cheers

Blackduck

Algo systems need to be monitored all the time because u shot down some algos and run anothers I just dont understand why people think that having one system that will make u money is so easy

1 Like

Do you have one system??

Sorry but I know nothing about algos. My first computer was an Apple E2 when I was 25 years old and when I was at school we wrote with ink pens dipped in ink wells.

Cheers

Blackduck

Not one friend I have factory of them:) let me know if u want to create one of them I can always help u out!

1 Like

Cheers thanks.

Blackduck

@Win-Algo

You have to admit algo’s do take the fun out of trading. And where is the personal growth if a computer does it all for you?

And let’s not forget LTCM - thought what they were doing was a sure thing. And look how that worked out

With algo’s u can create many powerfull weapons it is very difficult for human to win the mkt in day trading in random markets… not many individuals can survive in the long run with god given discipline… Personal growth is far bigger because u understand mechanics of mkt as u can test everething in just few minuts and understand what is working and what is not… some traders spend years to understand that their method is not working, quant traders understand that in minutes…

It is not same time as long time ago we used to trade discretional but we was succesful only when we saw good institutional flows now time is different everething goes electronically and we have to change too… I saw many sucessful traders from biggest investment sales trading desk firms loosing money when they started trading alone, good example is Lewis Borselinio(Biggest SPX futures trader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAROtBTd4dg&t=8s) … he was good at the pit but in front of pc alone not.

Why???

Don’t these algos have to be programmed into the computer by a human using certain parameters??

Even professional trading houses brokers and hedge funds don’t use algos all the time. They still have traders taking trades manually.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

U have to understand that ALGOs is not only about self trading systems is also data science as u can manipulate the data and use lots of other factors to create new indicators that can help u trade better not only self trading systems… and about “PROFESSIONAL TRADING HOUSES” 80% of them out of business in the next 3 years… Some traders that work in this broker houses has no idea about speculative trading… they use FIXED INCOME mkts and repo mkts to make money but even monkey can do that its not difficult

So @Win-Algo just how good are your algos??

What is the win loss ratio and percentage of return on investment??

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

This all depends on mkt volatility… Im not pushing u to trade algo’s everyone has his own way of trading

@Win-Algo

Yes that makes sense.

One things that puzzles me though is if markets are random (I don’t believe they are) then even computers couldn’t make money

If I’m wrong then why not win the lottery every week?

Oh I know. But you have made some compelling and interesting claims and I was just curious to know just how successful algos can be.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

To avoid random mkts u have to trade only very liquid names and the right time…

u can get this info from google and see many of them

Mmmmm I am always suspicious when someone asseting a fact when pressed for further information says “Look it up yourself on google.”

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like