What is the obsession with scalping?

@Win-Algo

That I agree with - but your not the first quant here who says markets are random.

I think markets cycle between random and not randomness.

I am always suspect of quants though telling us non quants how dumb we are by following charts and that there is no edge in trading unless you program in python or whatever

Clearly there are many traders who have succeeded massively without ever learning code.

Im not ur broker where u can say to me “Common show me the f… offer” lol Im also dont want to explain with foam at the mouth if they act like its bs… it has to come natural…

Oh I see. One minute you are offering to help me build a algo and the next you are telling me to go to hell.

Blackduck

1 Like

Im repeat again algo or quant is not only about self algo system mate… let me ask u this question do u use indicators in trading?

Also about charts I use them too I like patterns…

I dont want to argue with u guys can trade manually everyone has his own way … trading is not about talking is about making money!

where I said go to hell?

@Win-Algo

No I don’t use indicators and for my part im not trying to argue - generally interested.

Algos are a major force in trading and are probably changing how price action moves itself

For my own part though I’d be even more bored than I am now if I relied on a computer to all the work for me.

If you are a natural math head quant finance is a natural fit so great - just not my bag.

This pretty much says “go to hell”

Blackduck

1 Like

I’m not trying to argue either. I just find it strange when someone claims success with a certain style of trading but then does not want to give, even basic, statistics to back up their claim.

Blackduck

1 Like

There is many individuals who trade discretion and they make lots of money it all depend on ur own haracter and how ur system is fit to ur haracter :+1:

1 Like

Im not saying that Im supertrader I also have losses its not easy business yes I have drawdowns we all have losses

1 Like

I have nothing to say to person who dont belive in math or quant thinking…

Oh I see. Pity!!

Blackduck

@Win-Algo

LTCM were nobel prize winning quants who thought they had found out the never losing strategy - in 1997 the whole financial system nearly crashed with their hair brain scheme.

Step back to 1987 and portfolio insurance - another quant invention that ended up in the single largest one day crash ever
I do believe in math and stats - and in a rudimentary way use them in my trading.

Hell I’m even thinking of learning python.

But to think that quant finance is the holy grail (I’m not suggesting you said that) is a stretch too far.

When all said and done markets are moved on fear and greed - not math principles.

Just something we need to be aware of

1 Like

If u trader u have to be firm in ur words or someone can lift ur offer

Oh I see.

Blackduck

Does this mean you learn the art of using snake oil.

:laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

It seems like you’re merely exploring this territory and you haven’t made any appreciable strides as yet. Which is fine but then you talk a big talk, offer to help and when asked a simple question you tell her to look it up on Google? Really?!

She never said she did not believe in “math or quant thinking”. She merely asked you for some numbers. You should have these numbers handy if you’re an algo trader.

How long have you been trading? And how long have you been an algo trader?

U can think whatewer u want to think)))) I have no time for word wars sorry

It’s not a war of words dude, it’s just that we’re calling you out.

Calling for what?)