What is your risk profile and why?

A lot of newbies often totally ignore this part of forex trading and I decided to start this thread to maybe remind a few newcomers to take a moment and think about risk management.

I use 3% per trade as I am confident in my trading strategy and it allows me to operate my forex account with the risk exposure I like. I do not have more than 5 positions open at the same time and while my max exposure could be 15% and is rather high I have been able to slowly increase this from my initial 1% and no more then 3 trades as I fine tuned my trading strategy and achieved consistent results.

I always use a small percentage of the capital as my risk. About 1.5-2% per trade. Max drawdown is 12%.
here is a nice article for the new traders to help them acquire some risk management skills: Fixed % Equity vs. Fixed Dollar Amount | Which is Better? - 2ndSkies Forex

All the best guys

I use between a 1-2% per trade. You have to respect the trading and the drawdowns. If not you’ll be left behind with no more money to trade if you use to much of capital in one trade.

Good luck

Last month 0.25% this month 0.5% next month 1% and probably keep it for the rest of the year.

Used to use 5%, now using 3% as my account grows.