What is your ROI in forex trading?

Hi there, would you mind sharing your ROI and your trading style/strategy?

I’ve backtested my strategy, and it seems like it is working well, and it fits my personality having a 9-6 full-time job. I’ve decided to start a Youtube channel to document my journey and ensure that I follow my trading plan.

I’m risking 2% per trade.
In 2021, July to October, there are 4 months of losing streaks, -15, -6, -1, -2, which is approximately -25 R, since I’m risking 2% per trade, I will be having a drawdown of 50%.

My trading strategy is pretty simple, after I have made my trade, forget about it.
Either it hits Tp/Sl or I close them manually.

I’m not sure if i will be psychologically affected if I’m in that kind of situation, but backtesting give me confidence.

Hi, my journal is available here My journal - Greg Pawlak

1 Like

Thorough work. Back-testing is fundamental to developing a trading strategy. It gets a bad repuation from some apparently successful traders, but that’s only because it can be misused, for example to curve-fit a strategy. But any tool can be misused so that’s not a particulalrly valid objection.

I have to say that when I am back-tesing or trialling a strategy, I never persevere with anything which has a trade win rate of 50% or less.

One specific question - is all this data from trading one single forex par, or multiple pairs, or some other markets?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
As you can see, my overall win rate has ranged from 39-46.

My data is just for one single pair which is the EURUSD.
My thought process was that if I traded more than one pair, then my lot size would decrease based on my system. And what do you think about it?

In my opinion, I have to spend more time on trading and more effort to manage my trade if I have to look at more than one pair. I don’t back to trade more than one pair.

EUR/USD is a logical choice. Can’t say if it’s the best - depends on the strategy.

But anyway there’s a problem with all profitable strategies - none are profitable all the time on every pair. So trading one pair only puts you in a straight-jacket - statistically you must have mostly winning quarters/years but also some losing quarters/years. Tracking at least one other pair, on demo would work, would highlight when your favourite target stops performing and you could switch to the back-up either as a substitute or as a hedge.