What is your Top 5 books?

Since there is a thread on Best Tv series for those who love to watch movies, I thought and with suggestions from @Big_Boss and @mlawson71 why not have a thread for the bookworms here too.

So this thread is going to be about the top 5 books of each person, not necessarily books on Trading. Although some good books on Trading would be much appreciated.

Hopefully one can get recommendations for some awesome books there never knew about to read when not looking at charts or maybe to read when trying to avoid checking their trades intraday.

For those who do not read, well I don’t have any comment on that subject matter. I also don’t consider myself a bookworm but I sure do read.

Now without further ado, my top 5 are;

1. The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
  2. Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
  3. Think and grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
  4. Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
  5. Eat that Frog! - Brian Tracy

The floor is open, discuss at will…

4 Likes
  1. The Bible
  2. The Art of War - Sun Tzu
  3. The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy - Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko
  4. The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness - Dave Ramsey
  5. Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
1 Like

Think and grow rich is a book literally everyone should read

1 Like

Definitely, I highly recommend it too.

1. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (short horror story, but very good)
  2. The Aeneid (probably very dry by today’s standards, but I love roman stuff)
  3. Nightfall (same reason as #1)
  4. LOTR trilogy (my childhood favourite)
  5. The New Market Wizards (I’ll include this here because it’s trading related, and I enjoyed hearing what the big dogs went through on their journey)

I’m always on the hunt for any decent Sci fi material, so I’ll take any recommendations if you have any. Anything with artificial intelligence is usually a big plus

1 Like

Did you get into real estate, or multiple streams of passive income? I read it many many years ago. Definitely opens your eyes to the possibilities. Then again, his Rich Dad company filed for bankruptcy after not paying a vendor of his.

1 Like

Good day. I see there are already some books I would have suggested myself - obviously they have good impact on people. In no particular order,

1. Mind Power - John Kehoe
  2. Power of subconscious mind - Dr. J. Murphy
  3. The Secret
  4. Think & Grow Rich
  5. Rich dad, poor dad
  6. Bible

These are all books that have had some if not a lot of influence on my life, thought patterns, God bless.

1 Like

@mtb_rex
I didn’t get into real estate but having multiple stream of passive income is something everybody should have as a goal because that’s the road to financial freedom.

I don’t really care if the company filed for bankcrupcy which is very ironic though, but what I care about is the eye opening knowledge you can gain from the book as you have stated.

1 Like

@Big_Boss

I don’t think I have any recommendation for you as our reading paths are far apart from each other, I know this from your list of top 5.

It’s also interesting having to read stories and fiction every once in a while for me as well.

1. Dune by Frank Herbert
  2. The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski
  3. The Sector General by James White
  4. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
  5. The Martian by Andy Weir

…I am a big fantasy and sci-fi fan.

1 Like

My top 5 books will be

1 The alchemist ( very interesting book, many life lessons to learn with a good story.)

2 The time travelers wife ( A great story about a guy who can time travel though the story is told by the his wife perspective.)

3 The secret ( A must for all, its a book that revolves around the law of attraction, the law states what you visualize will come to you or you will attract the things that you think about though you have to put in the work, a must for all it really helped me in all concepts of life and i believe its a way of living for me.)

4 The Intelligent investor ( this was one of the first book i read about investing and shares related had a lot to learn from it.)

5 The center of the earth (Nicest sci-fi ever i really liked the book and the movie but the book is much better than the movie because of the imagination the writer shows in the book that is what makes the book more exciting)

this were the top 5 books i love i still read most of them on a constant basis.

2 Likes
  • 1984, George Orwell
  • The subtle art of not giving a f*ck, Mark Manson
  • Good Omens, Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
  • The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien
  • The name of the wind, Patrick Rothfuss
1 Like

The Bible
Rich Dad Poor Dad
The Richest Man in Babylon

1 Like

reading Rich Dad Poor Dad currently. I’m loving it so far

2 Likes

Hi…excellent book choice.Once ur done you will never see ur financial decisions the same way again…I didn’t…I’m Gabriel btw…:slightly_smiling_face:And if ur enjoying Rich Dad then I’m sure u will like The Richest Man in Babylon as well.Robert Kiyosaki mentioned it so I gave it a try.Take care…

1 Like

I’ll certainly give it a try, thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

Holy Quran…
Bang-e-Dara
The Candlestick Course by Steve Nison
Currency Forecasting by Michael Rosenberg

1 Like

I like Nison’s books on candlesticks, I found that trading approach to be very practical and easy to understand.

1 Like

Non financial - Dan Brown books. Love history, love international travel, love a good mystery. The movies aren’t that bad either.

1 Like

I binged the movies recently and I found them quire entertaining.

1 Like