What I've learned so far (and continue to learn) before going live

Just b glad you’re trading demo and not live. Remember this feeling and when you’re trading Live vow to never have to go through it ever again.

1 Like

What I’ve learned so far (and continue to learn) before going live…

I have to say I am being schooled right now!! Broker’s got my (account) number and has made a number of “calls”. Ouch. This the situation I wanted to avoid and here I am.

Perhaps a little over confident in my chart reading, trying to anticipate turns, and
too many open positions, was taking risk management “comfort” in small lots … well a bajillion small lots still equal too many big lots!! :open_mouth::laughing:

[quote=“frandlost, post:68, topic:201708”]What I’ve learned so far (and continue to learn) before going live
Draw down is at the highest to date. Not happy, but I’m buckled in and have my b-rf bag!! It might get really sick!!:nauseated_face::laughing:
[/quote]

Have to run to the store for more bags and ramp up my training!

I’ll be back,

KC.

Edit… I feel a motivational excitement with my improvement. I also have the same feeling reviewing and recognizing the mistakes that I’ve made knowing that by learning from them I’m getting closer to becoming a better trader.

3 Likes

Oh this is too funny (thought you’d be the only one to possibly appreciate this):

Nancy Pelosi (apparently i.e. just on the news) has asked that Trump’s family hold an intervention (because of his temper tantrum of yesterday and outlandish and erratic behavior since). Truth be told: have always wondered if that guy is alright in the head (and I’m being serious i.e. not trying to be nasty). Good question though i.e. are these candidates psychologically profiled and vetted before they run for office???

1 Like

[quote=“dpaterso, post:83, topic:201708”]
Good question though i.e. are these candidates psychologically profiled and vetted before they run for office???[/quote]

By whom…?

1 Like

LMFAO!!! Will check it out right now!!

The administration is pushing the roll back of clean air standards as air quality doesn’t effect health!! This will create a landslide of appeals from big tabacco, coal mining co.'s, the asbestos folks. Was King George this crazy during the split???

KC

2 Likes

Corporate America! Brought to US by the minority with the oxymoronic name “Citizens United”!!

2 Likes

(This in response to @cigarmanstan’s post)

I don’t know. By a psychologist or something. This just my opinion BUT: if you’ve watched Trump over the years (I mean from when he was young) there is no doubt in my mind that at very LEAST he is a narcissist (diagnosed to be clear) BIG time. And please believe: having lived with one for a few years (no longer thank goodness) that comes with many perils. And this dude is running one of the greatest powers on earth which can only feed such disorder. And not to mention: he ain’t that young anymore either. Arguably he’s in better shape than I’ll be at that age but you know what I mean.

Anyways. Just wondering if some type of psychological profiling is ever done on these candidates before they run for office. We cannot even acquire one single little 'ol firearm here without going through some type of vetting and psychometric testing. These dudes have an entire nuclear arsenal at their fingertips.

1 Like

Nope, although there are, of course, tons of sound bites and the debates for people to make up their
own minds. Of course, probably less then 10% have a clue on what each stands for. And only, what,
40 % vote. That’s still about 75% that vote and have no idea what they stand for. It’s what media
they follow that, I guess, they key off of.
And, yes, he is a narcissist.

2 Likes

This is truly shameful.

KC

1 Like

Yeah, but they can post on Twitter and Facebook! Which is more important?
Don’t get me started…

1 Like

Tell you one thing that’s happening right now that’s really surprising me: he’s just ignoring court rulings and the rest. That happens here as the norm. Be afraid. Be very afraid!!! LOL!!!

P.S.

Mind you: Theresa May seems a bit slow in catching the hint too so there’s that!!! LOL!!!

Oh, it’s happened here before. Press doesn’t always cover it when it’s their side.

Well this is true I’m sure. I’m just going by my rudimentary knowledge of course. But even Nixon and Clinton had the decency to tone things down a bit at the mere mention of the word impeachment. This dude comes out guns blazing. No flies on him that’s for sure!!! LOL!!!

They’ve been threatening it for 2 1/2 years, and really double threatening since taking control of the House last November.
I’m not so sure he would mind the attention. And there is no chance of it passing in the Senate. Some actually think it would help his re-election. The Republicans got bit in the arse after trying to impeach Clinton.

1 Like

Nice post. Put a smile on my dial re: the Republicans and Clinton.

Good memories, eh? :wink:

1 Like

Oh yes. Agreed. Very much so.

Mind you and lest I get ahead of myself here in my comments and observations: let’s not forget where I come from. Trump may have his quirks but I don’t think he’s thick.

They had government experience, understood how it worked, realized that the U.S. Constitution didn’t have an expiration date.

From my perspective… the country elected a realtor.

KC

1 Like

This was our point the other day I think.