What leverage does everyone use?

It is all personal choice. It depends on the capital, number of EAs, experience. I am more conservative on the leverage and I go with 1:20. I think we should not be greedy having a lot of profits. Do you agree that having smaller leverage is a tool to avoid greed?

I think every trader should use 1:50 leverage to reduce trading risk.

This is totally your personal choice. It depends on the capital, experience you have and trading strategy you’re using. It is always better to start with low leverage ratios so that you can avoid huge losses.

I use 1:200. For me it is the appropriate leverage.

I think it is wise to use 1:50 leverage. And if you use this leverage, the account is protected.

I use 1:200.

I’m not very familiar with leverage - trading with a UK-regulated firm I am restricted to 1:30 for the major forex pairs and 1:20 for everything else I have so far checked.

So if your leverage is at 1:200 and you want to set your capital risk per a given trade to 1% of your account capital, with a stop-loss at 72.5pips from entry, is this practicable? What are the problems?

I use 1:30X leverage as it is a double edged sword and should be used wisely

1 Like

I use 1:300, i find it as the best that could support my trading. I always keep it either 200 or 300.

I have started using 200:1 this year with turnkeyforex after playing it way too safe with maximum 10:1 with icm for a very long time. Ultimately came to realise that why not use a privilege that is given to us. Once you have the experience to understand risky trades from sure-profitable ones, there’s no harm in using high leverage.

I prefer 1:500 leverage. I looked for brokers that provide higher leverage so that it helps me to trade more lots

Leverage is very risky if you are not doing the proper strategy for trading. I prefer to stick mine with 10x, or even 5x. I just don’t think I want my account to get wiped out the moment I go for higher leverage level.

I find that way too high. Although I use high leverage brokers, but I like the fact that they are flexible with leverage. I can use any ratio I want, I normally don’t go beyond 30:1.

I have a risk limited account where the leverages are defined and cannot be change

usually the leverage provided by my broker with my type of account are between x15 and x20(maximum) for all market : forex, oil/gold and index

and im very satisfied about this leverage , its enough to see a good profit but not too much in order to avoid quick losses

I tried with 300x leverage in the past and lost all my money. Now I stick to 5x. If you’re using high leverage, make sure you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

What’s the max. leverage have you used? Who’s your broker?

100x. Fxview.

Account equity is one factor which decides who can use what leverage with vantage, I don’t think there’s any other criteria.

What I know of fxview is that they offer only 1 account type that is ecn, so all accounts are treated equally. While some might see this as a limiting feature I think it’s good.

Ya anyway ecn accounts are better, spreads are the lowest, why would anyone go for any other account type.