What leverage does everyone use?

I use 1:200 or 1:300 leverage and that works for me.

Really? Are you sure? Because last I checked it was 30x. I wanted to shift to a regulated broker. Or do you have professional account with them?

I started with less leverage initially but now it has been quite a while and I plan my strategies accordingly so it works for me

I never go beyond 10:1. And that too I am very firm on maintaining 3:1 reward to risk ratio while using leverage. Only if expected returns are likely to be 3 times more do I use leverage on that trade.

Does anyone use really 1:1000 leverage?

I generally prefer using 1:300 as my leverage. I feel it is at the middle of leverage table and it is at a safe distance from having the illusion of more money.

3 times? That is quite good, I wonder what strategy have you been using to get a good returns.

I prefer low leverage upto 10x.

Why does everyone here think that just because you have high leverage means you have to use it to make gigantic trades? If you have high leverage and still trade small, then the leverage only helps you by giving you breathing room in a drawdown so you donā€™t get margin called so soon. Thereā€™s absolutely no reason not to use as much leverage as you can get.

2 Likes

There is no particular leverage that everyone uses. It is up to your risk appetite how much leverage you want to use. Remember, it is a double-edged sword and it wonā€™t always work for you. Because the number of chances of making profits is equal to the number of losses, you must be prepared both ways.

Being a newbie I prefer a maximum of using 1:30x leverage only.

I usually use low leverage fearing the losses. I know that it gives you the opportunity to magnify your profits. It also enhances your chances of making losses. I know a lot of people who have lost unnecessarily because they didnā€™t use leverage properly. 1:10 is the maximum leverage that I have used.

I use a maximum leverage of 1:10.

30x is the maximum. never going higher than this.

Honestly, I do not mind going ahead with the maximum leverage that the broker offers and currently it is 500X, that I use to place my trades.

I personally trade with 200 x leverage. I find it as the most appropriate leverage with optimised risk and advantage.

It depends on their risk appetite. Most newbies are advised to keep it to 100:1 because the risk is low with it. Similarly, risking as low as 1% is better.

I do not agree 1% risk is 1%

I guess its 30X for retail accountā€¦ Though I have 200X leverage with themā€¦ Mine is a professional account.

Good for you as that is a limited risk. I personally stick to 1:50 usually.