What leverage with account 30 usd

What leverage is best to use with a 300 usd account?

None. Work and save more to add to the account.

1 Like

Oeps sorry… I meant 300 usd…

I suggest use a 1% risk and a .01 lot size or smaller if allowed and one trade at a time.
BP has a good risk calculator in their tools.

With that kind of money, $300 or anything less than perhaps a few thousand USD then you’d be looking at it as an account to learn from, rather than an account to make income from that actually means something to you. I’d certainly applaud this too rather than using a demo account as you’re getting a ‘real’ taste for what it feels like to both make and lose money; which is an invaluable lesson.

In terms of leverage though - i’d personally look at using 30:1 maximum account leverage, and far less effective [actual used] leverage. It helps to put the breaks on, at least from a reckless point of view.

My own real account uses a maximum account leverage of 30:1, by both regulation and also by my own choice had it not have been legally restricted. It’s a safe approach, it’s not a race, as hard as it may be to come to terms with.

1 Like

Bacon, you changed your image…

I liked your reply.

1 Like

it’s 2019 now, time to mix it up! :wink:

If I could change my username I would too…

Thx for the advice…

Yes I do this on purpose to trade with real money and try to build this account gradually… I have a good system that I learned and want to build the account gradually… So I know to use stops and trade with sense rather with demo where you have nothing to loose.
I have a day job and I trade mostly the daily, h4 charts.

I think to depositing with just forex broker.

So you advice 30:1

The fact that you have a day job and that you’re already focusing on daily and 4H charts is a green light in my own opinion, well done. Most people new to this game go the opposite end of the spectrum and look at much much shorter time frames. Sounds like a solid foundation.

Bacon, you can do that, go to the help and ask the pip masters, most likely if its not being used they will let you. I went thru that because I wanted they name I use on regular blog site, but its being used.

BTW I’m using 50:1 on a 1K account.

1 Like

Yes… I hate shorter time frames because also a lot of noise and market jumps all kind of directions.
I like the high timeframes because they represent more the market if you know what I mean.
So on leverage you advise the 30:1

It’s not that I advise it, and I have to be careful what I say, but it’s certainly a smart option (if you can read between the lines). It will restrict you from placing trades with notional position sizes that are too big - but that’s not to say that it will have any impact on you making correct trading decisions. If you want the truth, i’d ask you the following…

Is this account purley for learning?

If you said yes, then i’d say you should be using no leverage, or as little as your deposit allows in relation to the minimum position size permitted by your broker of choice.

Unless you’re depositing money to make money for the purpose to withdraw this money…well, no leverage is needed. Why speed up ending the game whilst learning in a live environment?

What you mean with last sentence?

Yes idea is to build it up gradually and see how much I can make long term and yes later withdraw some money

Ok so lets put this into some sort of context, then maybe the last line will make sense, ok?

To withdraw money you need money invested, so don’t forget that - it’s important.

Most really really good traders / speculators will make maybe 5% to 10% a month with safe risk management. I don’t know where you live, or the average cost of living, but even 5% of $300 is not much, right? That’s why I suggested that an account of the size that you’re looking at is not for withdrawal purposes, it’s actually for learning purposes. Even if you turned it into $5,000 over a long time you’d still be looking at about $250 a month, maybe more of you knew what you were doing whilst still utilising sound risk management and position sizing?

To make money in this game, and money that actually starts to come close to a salary to live off, would require well over $20,000 and an amazing attitude/ability to trade when it matters. But, as always, that’s my own thoughts.

I’ve traded an account in excess of $100k and still some months i’ll walk away down - it’s not stable, that’s the problem we have here. To be consistently profitable is bloody difficult, regardless of what you have in the piggy bank.

pababo, Bacon has the right, u might be able at 20K if you a super trader with exceptional cash management.

I have 3 accounts my 1K account is for keeping my gambling head in check, strictly training.

If you take your edge and run the numbers you will shortly get the picture.
Keep you day job while you are learning.

And there’s nothing wrong with this at all - it’s exceptionally smart.

I have a solid system that I learnt with very good money management… It’s also the idea to add money to my account… So I think a leverage is needed to be kept in the game longer so that s why I wanted to know which leverage is preferable with 300 usd

Anything beyond 100 is unnecessary but 1000X leverage comes in handy with an account that size on rare occasions.

Considering that you are asking this question means that you are still a beginner.Congratulations for becoming part of Forex community.Why don’t you try to trade real account without leverage? During time you will understand better how much leverage you can afford and this level will be best for you

@Hasturen, i don’t think you could trade a $300 account without leverage? Minimum lot size would be a thousand bucks (approx).

Maybe I’m missing something here?

KC