What lot size is good for $200 fx account

I would never risk more thank 10% of my total account balance on any one trade. So if your account is $200k dont risk more than $20k. In addition I would not use more than 100:1 leverage.

does this mean your happy using 50:1, 40:1 or even 10:1 leverage on a single trade?

Im curious, me thinks you have your terminology mixed up with usable leverage, and maximum leveraged offered on you account.

Hi Jezzode

Yes im happy to use any leverage less than 100:1 also. Some brokers dont allow to change leverage on the fly, you do it at the start of the account setup, at this point i allways choose 100:1.

Your talking of maximum account leverage, the actual used leverage on your individual trades ‘should’ be considerably less. Just because you open a 100:1 leverage account, it does not mean that each trade you place is at 100:1 Leverage also.

The simple answer is .01 or .02 until you can get used to trading. Don’t up your lot size too quick. When you feel comfortable and master a chart then up it gradually. But stay away from anything higher than a .05 lot size until you have a little more experience and confidence of your account shifting up and down (negative to positive). After all it’s not about profits at first its about protecting the money you are already risking. The profits will come.

3 Likes

Thank you Reezun
 all the plenty talk this was all that was to answer the young man’s question

I needed it toođŸ’Ș

If you have only 100 dollars capital, you cannot expect your lot size to be more than. It is better if you put the lot size 0.01, the lowest one.