What made you realize that forex trading was your thing?

What sparked that “aha” moment when you knew that trading was something you wanted to pursue? Was it a particular experience, a person who inspired you, or maybe just a natural curiosity?

2 Likes

I think for me it was a “normal” development as I have traded sports for several years like football, tennis, NFL, horses and the two ways of trading are somewhat similar, yet so different :blush:

1 Like

Twenty years ago, I briefly looked into forex trading and thought it was just gambling, and not a good way to make a living. It was around 2021 when I came across some YouTube forex bros showing off their lambos that I went deeper into understanding what forex trading really is.

I signed up for babypips and completed preschool and kindergarten in the School of Pipsology. I also started reading Unknown Market Wizards by Jack D. Schwager. I read this quote by Pavel Krejci in the book:

Years ago, when I searched for what I could do, I knew I wanted to find something where the success or failure would depend only on me, not my colleagues, my boss, or anybody else. If I make money, that’s great; if I lose money, it’s my mistake. Trading is great in this way. You can’t find many other activities where success or failure depends on you.

After learning more about forex trading from babypips and reading the stories from traders in the book, reading that quote was the moment when it all clicked for me, and I knew that trading was my thing.

I also just want to get really good at the craft of trading because I find it fascinating, and it suits my analytical mind. I realized I was wrong about forex being gambling, and I regret I hadn’t learned that 20 years ago because I might be a professional trader by now.

3 Likes

I was fired from a company and decided to try trading. (I was completely depressed)
After finishing different courses and starting demo trades, I just made my 1st profit and it was the moment!!!
That was the sweetest moment! I COULD MAKE A PROFIT USING MY TACTICS!
So why shouldn’t I continue this one?

1 Like

I like to do things in leisure time, and I noticed my friend is trading and enjoying it. I made a decision to give it a try and find it attractive . And now I’m interested learning more about it and devoting time to it.

The reason was that it could be part-time because I had and still have a fixed-time job. But another reason was that it was trending at that time and continues to be trending.

I started with stocks first then when I got into forex I doubled my profit so that was the moment for me

In my last few jobs, I detested working for someone else and I have always wanted to work for myself. You can say that with my attitude I am unemployable :laughing: Since I discovered forex some 15 years ago, it’s been a rough ride and lots of study, but I can honestly say that my life is in my hands. I absolutely love being in control of my own success. I have got the advantage of being retired but I prepared myself beforehand and I don’t rely on the money to pay my bills. It depends on your stage of life.

1 Like

I wanted control - control over my finances, my time… I looked at trading as the only skill that can grant me that opportunity, and I decided to develop a career from it, it’s been three years now, I started with retail concepts, migrated to ICT, now am currently working on my own strategy, rules and trading plans.
I know if I persist more I will achieve my desire dreams.
Trading is an escape from the cage

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story! It’s never too late to start, and it’s great that you found your passion for trading. Good luck on your journey.

1 Like

One of my friends was a forex trader and he was carrying profit on average that lured me into trading.

Congratulations! Nice to hear that you found a new passion and opportunity after going through a challenging time.

1 Like

Great to be inspired by your friend’s success in forex trading, like me.

Actually I had been searching for an online job besides my present job. After finding forex, I saw that the market offers enough flexibility and freedom that really allured me.

1 Like

If we want to talk honestly, forex trading is really attractive, and when a person gets familiar with it, they really want to try it.

Passion. Throw in the towel for a few times but ended up coming because I missed my charts. That’s when I realized that this is my thing. I have been in the industry for almost 7 years.