What news services do you use to help with your fundementals?

Hi

I trade in a spread bet trading room near London and we use many different news services, sqwark, tweet deck, rolling news etc… Then we use economic release calendars for trading around economic figures.

What does everyone else use and do you even use one?

If not then how can you seriously trade fundamentals?

Mark

the news that are jumping on you are the ones that mive the markets the most. so i dont use any news services simply because in my opinion the little drops of small news constantly comming in only makes you focus on the unimportant details. the big news change the fundamemtals and the big news hit you even if you dont look for them.

Below are three of the main forex news/analysis sources I use daily and dare i say, recommend? And with (free) sign-up, articles are delivered directly to your inbox.

I’ve included excerpts of emails I received earlier today to give you some idea of the type of content you can expect.
[I]

…Meanwhile the eco calendar is very light today with only Empire Manufacturing and US Industrial Production on the docket. In Europe, the EZ CPI came in line at 0.8% on a year over year basis. This was still well below the 2% ECB target but shows that the region is no longer gripped in a deflationary spiral and therefore the ECB is unlikely to offer any additional accommodation beyond the current QE program.[/I]
[I]With little on the calendar to move markets, the focus on FX is once again likely to be on yields and if the 10 year yield begins to slide further below the 1.80% mark, the rebound against the dollar is likely to extend as the day proceeds…[/I]

…CME Fed funds futures put the probability of a December rate hike at around 70%. This is just the level the Fed desires as it suggests there would not be a shock to financial markets due to a rate hike. Meanwhile, across the pond, European Central Bank (ECB) is unlikely to taper its QE program any time soon.

In case, we have a black swan event, the increased demand for treasuries is likely to make sure the dollar remains strong despite drop in Fed rate hike bets. Moreover, European banking system is more fragile, hence a potential black swan event could hurt EUR more than the US dollar…
[/I]

• SeekingAlpha Forex
    [I]…BoJ kept an optimistic view on the economy in its quarterly Sakura Report. Assessment of six of the country’s nine regions was left unchanged as continuing to recover moderately. Assessment on two regions, Chugoku and Kyushu-Okinawa was upgraded as recovering. Assessment on Tokai region was revised down on weak developments in private consumption. BoJ governor Haruhiko Kuroda said that “Japan’s economy continues to recover moderately as a trend, although some weaknesses are seen in exports and output due to the effect of slowing growth in emerging economies.” …
    [/I]
  • Action Forex - Forex Analysis, Currency Forecast, FX Trading Signal - Action Forex

I don’t use fundamental analysis in my strategy, but I use Forex calendar and sometimes trade on the major news. But u know the best strategy is based on technical + fundamental analysis.

Sebastiano, I totally agree with you! Well said that the best strategy is based on technical + fundamental, because using just Technical Analysis you may miss some opportunities of big volatility, like Brexit, NFP etc. On the other hand, using technical analysis is less time consuming. Personally, I use Technical Analysis but I consult the Economic Calendar first. Moreover, sometimes I am looking on some major websites for big news.