What other strategy would be right for me?

I’m a scalper but i get frustrated after a big loss, i find this happens often in trading i also get scared after a big loss and as soon as my profits hit like 10 pips plus i take profit and pull out an this causes me to trail a lot !.

Hi, maybe you should use higher time frame… regards Greg

Possible that you over trade. Try trading less. If stuck give a shout as trade for a living.

Kind Regards

Langers

The Scruffy Trader

Whatever strategy you use, you must not risk a large loss. The risk is your choice, its under your control, its not the fault of the strategy.

2 Likes

I agree, you should be comfortable with every trade as long as you’re not risking too much and are following your plan. If you get scared during or after a loss, then that just means you risked too much

2 Likes

This is it right here. Or I guess you could also just be super loss-averse and can’t handle the “thought” of losing any amount of $$.

1 Like

most definitely, and if that’s the case then trading isn’t for that person lol you have to be a risk taker if you plan on being an entrepreneur, whether it be a full time trader, real estate investor, franchise owner, etc. That’s why they say that entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone

Yup. Two kind of people: those who want to be told what to do and those who want to do things themselves!

Scalping is all about that, actually, if you want to keep it on, you should learn to deal with your feelings, not try to find strategy that can help you. I see there some people suggest you to use higher timeframe. I don’t think that can be usefil, your problem is emotional, so you should just train your psychology.

Stop scalping you have no business doing that as a beginner.

if you aren’t profitable on higher timeframes there’s no way you can be profitable as a scalper.

We are all passing the same road in our trade journey. Provided you don’t stop you will walk pass your present situation. The journey is endless and we will walk it till our death.

You can always try longer-term trades that require you to invest less.

Try all the strategies on a demo account and the one that works go ahead with it.

I don’t think I can tell that. Do your research and testing.