I believe trading success starts with knowledge, followed by experience, while luck plays only a small role. What do you think matters most in trading.
In my opinion, I’d say knowledge comes first, but experience teaches you how to apply it under real market conditions. You can understand every indicator and strategy, yet still make poor decisions when fear or greed takes over.
Over time, experience helps you manage risk, control emotions, accept losses, and wait patiently for the right setup. Strategy matters, but discipline and consistency matter even more.
Luck can influence the outcome of a single trade, but it cannot create long-term success.
What makes you become a profitable trader is nothing near luck… It’s your mindset, your phycology, your strategy and most importantly your risk management
What matter most jn trading is your phycology man ![]()
It’s more than one thing that makes a trader successful but the key factor is psychology/mastering yourself. This is often overlooked but you will have the best skill in the world and will NEVER be successful until you can control your emotions while on the charts.
I’ve been in the markets almost 10 years and I’ve always taught this as I’ve seen it firsthand with even some of the very best traders out there.