What Really Turned My Trading Around

now everyone knows my secret identity Haha oh well luis hernandez is one of the most common names for latinos Haha

I see what your saying, and its really what I’ve taken from this thread and that trading is really about having a good prescription for your situation and checking that you have a real prescription and not something that will just fall apart after a few months or weeks and always look to adjust your system depending on how the market changes aka check your base hard facts such as statistics as they could change as the market behavior changes

Once I’m done with my work term for school in may I’m gonna try to do some of my own statistical analysis cause I want to be able to do it by myself from the programming to the data output

Sorry bro, I don’t know what does it means… so, I can’t know why… :slight_smile:

EDIT:

[image]http://www.adrians-welt.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/palmface.jpg[image]
Do you mean I’m hopeless…? :18:

You can always tell us by PM or by mail… and nobody will know it…:smiley:

EU next target: 1.3500
Today has been confirmed… :smiley:

I am reading Steidlmayer it’s interesting … Is there stats available like the commodity one on forex too or is there not and is this why Rel is generating the stats … Curios …

Which stats are you talking about?

Sorry was unclear, but I was wondering if there is standard data source just like the CBOT Market Profile and LDB data… for FX… But I could not find any such thing when I googled… So was wondering if this is the reason why the data was being collected from the fx terminal to generate the bell curve… I thought I will anyways check if there are any data sources with the coaches… didn’t want to assume things… :)… Thanks

I don’t know if LDB (as it was ideated) is still used.
Anyway, the market profile data (price based) are made by each platform, cause it is the graphical rapresentation of price distribution.
The Volume profile, is made by volume data. In spot forex we use Broker’s tick volume as an approximation.
E.g. Relativity’s MP indicator is a “rolling” volume profile
But, there are “classical” MP indi also for MT4

In Futures (also for currencies) data comes from the exchanges (CME, CBOT, NYBOT etc…) to many data feed vendors, then we need a charting package to use these datas.

E.G. Multicharts + Zenfire data seems to be the best ones (Power of charting software + fastest & unfiltered volume data)…

Ok bro, I don’t wanna question with you… :slight_smile:

Maybe I don’t write a correct english an have trouble to express my considerations, but I don’t think to had blasphemed when I said we need the most up to date data when (if) we study volumes.
We agree, we can’t correctly do it in Forex spot…

But, regarding futures, is well known that volume datas have always been kept in the dark as much as possible for retail traders…
I just said, we actually have more precise and fast data than ever and there are new indicators to analyze those data. That’s all…
Obviously, each trader has his own way to trade and is free to use what he thinks works for him…

Regarding my limited quiver… I know it’s limited, but today is less limited than yesterday…and tomorrow will be even less…and so on, because I don’t stop studying and learning.
I’m actually trading better than ever…and it can’t be just luck… There should be some other reasons… :smiley:

It seems you’re trying to relate volume peaks in your indi (based on your statistical studies) to certain hours. Or just peak volume to price action?
I.e. Volumes which exceed a certain statistical treshold (80%…?) should be a sort of “stopping volumes”?
After “THAT” peak, price should change direction…? In fact, you went long after that peak…(and holded the trade being confident it would go up soon?)

Are there some relations of these peaks with those horiz. lines too?

I can’t see more from these charts

Nice to have seen it right… :slight_smile: Now I would need the indi to see better in my charts… Are you going to share it? Surely…I can’t make it myself… :slight_smile:

Regarding MP interactions, from here I can only make hypothesis. I.e. when volumes reach their peaks (near horizontal lines?) and we see maybe a buying/selling tail it confirms the change in directions? Or, when it dries up (at certain hours…) from a good distribution…it’s time for a breakout…?

A guy posted about your Barrow Swing indicator, so i came over to check out your thread. I will be studying it. Where can we get the indicators you speak of?

Hi. I’ve been working through this thread for the last week, 15 hours a day studying it. I have just got to the end.

I’m not going to post any questions yet because there is still more than enough information in this thread already to go back over before I can even think about asking anything new.

All I really want to say at this point is a huge THANK YOU to Relativity. I don’t know the reason why you have chosen to share what you’ve learnt with strangers, to devote so much time to helping others and being so patient and persistent, you didn’t have to do that, but you did. It shows outstanding character and it’s extremely admirable.

well lets see if I have this right, ticks = trades right? so more ticks means more trades happening at the moment and the only reason why trades happen is because there’s both a buyer and a seller. or when people are up for trading. One example is at the closing of any session, since a lot of traders like to close or hedge their positions before they go home for the night then at the close of a session (ie. new york at 5pm) then there tend to be more ticks and since more people are trading theres more succeptability for price movement. I think I’ve been sorta seeing this as for example in my trade for the week (short AUD USD) i’d see most of the big gaining movements before the new york close and around midnight. This will obviously differ with each currency/commodity as the big trading centers for each are different.

Hi. If I could take a guess, maybe you’re thinking if the 20 pip rule is for trading EUR/USD H5 swings “on average”, maybe it’s better to put it into context in terms of volitility in regards to time of day. So maybe the 20 pips rule is true on average but in reality it’s , for example, 30 pips during the active trading sessions and only 10 when the market is quiet. It might also be true for your statstics on average wave length e.t.c., maybe it’s better to adjust them in relation to time of day too. ??

hmm, well, I have a couple of thoughts/observations.

1. if MAs group together and run along side eachother for a while, it tells us that there has been no significant price action. e.g. if the 10period MA is equal to the 20period MA, it tells us that there has been no significant price action for the last 20periods. This means a sideways/non-trending market has been established. At these times, all traders are waiting for the breakout and the longer it goes on, the more limit orders get placed either side of the range. Also, the guys who have open positions inside the range place their stops just outside the range. the longer it goes on the more orders accumulate. Once triggered, these orders set off a domino effect.

2. When MAs crossover sharply (i.e. not grouping together but all crossing from one extreem to another), I don’t see what we can say about this because the price action happened first, not the crossover. The crossover was the result of price action, not the other way round. ? ?

I think I have failed to see the BIG secret but these are my observations so far.

Also, in terms of your time analisys (hours, pips and ticks). Does this simply tell us what time of day we should expect to see the big moves?

P.S I like the fact you have stats for wave time duration, I should have known. You have stats for everything! :35:

andddddd
from those statistics we can see when most of the movement in price is going to happen and can therefore make sure we enter before the action happens and this can help us choose a set of pairs to trade as we can find some that better suit the hours that we’re available to trade/enter

Hi Relativity,

I’ve been lurking in this thread so far and I feel it’s time for me to join & hopefully contribute something useful. You look from a different perspective at the markets than the other 95% do. Considering your age and market experience this is really amazing.I’ve been trying to trade successfully for 7 years now and do not have even half of your wisdom, which is quite demotivating for me.

Thank you for sharing all these valueable information. Great respect.

Rela - Those time and ticks stats are very interesting. It’s amazing how well correlated each day of the week is. I would expect it to be correlated but not that much. Thank you for sharing that. Interesting and useful stuff!

With regards to Moving average based indicators, I was wondering, have you done any statistical analysis with those? I just worry about the use of moving averages crossing because, in my experience, lagging really is a big problem. I know a lot of traders use them but then again, most traders lose. Interested to know your thoughts. Thank you.

that really is the methodology of this whole “system” or style of trading that were learning in this thread eh?
its just all about taking all the things that are either self-fulfilling prophecies or subjective tools and viewing price on a naked level with indicators that help strip it down more and speculate as to what everyone else thinks is going to happen. Then lastly make a decision based on what everyone else has done in those situations before (aka statistics).