What Really Turned My Trading Around

My coding skills can not be that great if it fails to work! But I have modified it - try the attached zip file (Averages.zip). NOTE - it is meant to be run as an EA, so place in the experts directory, NOT the indicators directory. And it is meant to be run on historical data, ie, in Strategy Tester with Visual Mode turned “OFF”. This is because it’s intended to give statistical info. Specify a date range, and WAIT till the EA finishes. Afterwards you should have a file in the logs directory. I’ve attached an example (GBPUSD, H1, 15/01/2011 - 20/03/2011)

Re: ModifiedBarros - I have successfully downloaded it and am running it now

Personal situation: I am in a similar situation to AzTrader, ie without money coming in, but that’s been the way for quite a while now and it’s getting to me. I’ve looked at forex for over a year now, but nothing seems to ‘click’. I do believe that higher timeframes are more productive (D1+), just need to have the patience and nerves to hold out for a few more weeks in forex. If I’m honest, I desperately need a tutor/mentor, not to hand-hold, just point in the right direction. Being without employment means I do have alot of time on my hands to learn :). I have an I.T. background, too.

One question though: If you are successful in your moonlighting (Forex), why do you still keep the day-job?

Hi Harri,
we can make a club… :slight_smile:

Master Relativity, now you have the “Jobless Classroom”…:smiley:

p.s. I’m starting to see something using Barros Indi on multiple TF’s… :wink: I’ll talk about later, when (if…) what I’m thinking will be confirmed…

Hi Relativity

Could you explain this table please? You say its for D1 candles - does that mean daily chart? Because at the top of the graphic it says “Last 365 trading days”, so I’m guessing it is. I guess also that the first column is a pip range, and any D1 candle that falls within the range gets counted in the 2nd column (headed by yellow text)? However, adding all these days up leads to a total of 729 (see last line “total” on this graphic). And last time I checked, 365 ≠ 729.

Thank you so much in advance for your clarification!

Ok, I had another look at the table, and along with your clarification I understand whats happening with the data now. Because it is counting 2 wicks, you get 365 x 2 = 730, minus 1, = 729 because 1 is missed off the counter. Ditto for columns 2 & 3 (or ‘batches’ 2 and 3), 364 candles each (minus 1 again).

Yes, the year is ending, but the studying continues (at least for me). Thank you again for your help, and hope to see you in the new year!

Here I am… but please don’t shoot me…I’m only the piano player… :slight_smile:

Ok, for what I’ve understood, Barron’s indi is a modified zig.zag, whit a MTF feature.
You said to look at higher TF’s, so I put it on 1H chart & 5 Min chart. So we have 4H/1H/15min/5 min swings… isn’t it? I also loaded the 3 levels Semaphore indi just to better visualize extreme swings.
I noticed that when a 3 level semaphore signal appears, it alerts us something can happen. Expecially If it appears into both charts. So, when price brokes the most recent 4H low swing we enter (red arrows & big red line in the charts)… In first image we have a bounce @ round number & divergence too… In the second image we have only a level 2 semaphore, but there is 123 pattern before the break. What do you think about? Made I such an horrible thinking? :smiley:

Or must we use the indi in the opposite way? I.e. We have a new swing high on 3H (fat blue line), followed by an higher swing low (fat pink line) & we enter following the trend @ the break of the swing high?

Hope you’ll understand what I mean (sorry for my bad english), and hope the charts are clear enough (As I said, when I post my charts on Forex Factory look much better)…

Edit: I really don’t know how to do… charts are horrible! :17:

Thanks!

:45: :45: :45:

Just read your post… started to see… Unfortunately I’ve to get out now… I’ll answer to you by mail because I need to discuss something with you before posting.
A question: Barros indi shows a limited amount of bars… as you know is there a way to have more bars so to go back further in time to study price movements?

Hey guy,
you can give out the full sysyem right now…coz we all could make a living with a [B]7%[/B] increase in 14 days… :32: :59: ROFL

Seriosly speaking, I mentioned the fibo just because it was there… and wanted you to see how a clever boy I am… :slight_smile:

Hi Relativity! I enjoyed the first story and could identify with how I felt when I started. (especially the feeling like a god part LOL)
Ive only just started with forex trading 2 weeks ago, and the amount of information available is mindboggeling, I think I read this thread 10 times already just to understand! Really awesome information.

I was wondering how you spot a D1 extreme top/bottom? Is it a system, gut feeling, sentiment, news, new york overlapping london etc…or everything? Just seem hard to me to enter at the exact right point…

cheers!

2 weeks ago…:slight_smile:

You’re @ the start of a long, long journey… hope you’ll get to the point far before me (I’m about 2 years in the Forex market, and still not profitable)…
I think you’re in the right point here, but I don’t know if you have enough basic knoweledge about forex to fully understand what Reletivity want us to (or, maybe, you’re less contaminated than me with fake visions of the market…)

Anyway, D1 extremes are “@ the moment”…i.e. prices is @ the highest or lowest level until the start of the day----> then retraces 20 pips and there you can enter as per relativity rules (but be careful, look @ my previous posts about AudUsd)…

Best wishes!

Eeeek sounds scary… like i’m on my way to Mordor or something! haha, but thanks for keeping me realistic.
I was wondering when Relativity is most confident that the price is at its highest/lowest in a day (or what factors must be right)

Love the thread, and good luck to all

I notice that with barros swings its much easier to spot that the h5 and the d1 wave meet resistance at the same time on the d1 channel :slight_smile: I need to get fullversion of the tool!

I also notice the H5 wave breaking its lower trendline, at 20pip wick, and when it continue up again the previous lower trendline is now resist. The new resist holds and make sure the 20pip wick is not surpassed… making scenario #1 in the 60 20 20 hold true.

thanks for the example :slight_smile:

M30 or H1 is almost a doji, a sign of change. And the retracement on the timeframe above will change course.

I would guess the entry point should always be when price-movement aligne on all the timeframes you had planned for.

I will tinker with the barros tool, good stuff!

I keep breaking it haha, no idea how to add more timeframes.

I also googled for some Barros swing indicators but I could not find any who will show multiple timeframes simultaneously.

Me trying to code is like putting 100 wild gorillas incharge of air traffic control at Atlanta international airport

Still have trouble with changing the settings lol… just to be clear, are we talking about the settings used inside MT4 as you apply the tool, or the code itself?
Ive searched for ‘‘my SN’’ in both but find nothing.

I tried changing the value of many lines, but always break it.

I think I have to leave it alone for a while, my head almost exploded :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
today I wasn’t trading, but I as I see lessons are going on… :slight_smile:

The problem, for us “beginners” is still finding the right channels…

So please Relativity, could you tell us [B]exactly[/B] what are the settings for Barros indi respectively for 15 min, 1H, 4 H & Daily TFs?

Then if you wanna finally give out that “famous” indi… (You know what I mean…) :slight_smile:

omg… I got it to work now. Feeding it with as many waves as I want. One problem though… the ‘‘God’’ feeling is back haha

It took a little bit more than normal…:8: But lastly I got it…:59:

Isn’t it?

I corrected it… (I’m still tinking about good old TFs Damn…!)

Next step…? :slight_smile:

Of course, I have a better view of market movement & general direction (I can draw the right Trendlines & Channels)…

Regarding entries I think so: e.g. we have the down leg of 5H, price retraces 20 pips from daily low (better if it does it on a trendline of an higher TF), breaking the 15 min channel…when it’s confirmed (e.g. abc pattern or a bounce from 76,4 fibo retracement after the break)… I enter long…
Correct?

p.s. 2 A.M. here in Italy… goin’ to sleep now :24: Have a nice day there!

Something like that…? :slight_smile:
I think you’re going to kill me…coz you’re sipping informations one after another… maybe I will not survive… my creditors will kill me before I’ll become consistent in forex :smiley:

Regarding fibos, I see that, when a channel is broken (15 Min TF & 1H TF), almost always price retraces to 76,4 and bounces there (at least in these choppy days)… Is this a correct observation?

Btw, I have thousands of (live, because I don’t demo trade) screen hours… but I wasn’t able to understand price’s up & downs until you made me know how to do it…