What Really Turned My Trading Around

Lol! sorry, I didn’t see that :stuck_out_tongue:

It won’t be a bad idea… :slight_smile:

And, also If i still don’t fully understand your teachings… sometime I catch a nice trade (after taking some pips short…)…

Thanks Rel … Am not here yet in the thread… still on Market Price… I was trying to use Dev 1 + Dev 2 + Dev 3 + Dev 4 Bollinger bands to see if this could help me easily see SD movements… Will try this now…

Thanks REL.
But… weren’t you studying a weekly one? Actually, If I put it into the chart, it starts less than 24H ago… :33:

Hi relativity thenx for this thread uve taken us to journey i realise u dont give stratight answers but i saw azitrader2 traying to explain setting the timeframes of barrosswing so in teh settings theres common,parameters and visualization under parameters theres time and value so how do u set the H1 and H5 and D1 please explain to me this
by the way av learnt the volume analysis strategy by pete i thot i have arrived but i was still not profitable am glad relativity says count evrything not working till u get something that works oh av been in this thing 2 years
could u pls tell me how to set the indicator i guess a ladies mind has lots of stuff coz i see most people are able to understand the basics help a gal here azi ,rela or anyone

i have read again the first post
so we have
M5 x 12 = M60 = H1
M15 x 20 = M300 = H5
M30 x 48 = M1440 = D1

so the steps are
open a plain chart
put the barrosswing indicator
put the setting
M5 x 12 = M60 = H1
M15 x 20 = M300 = H5
M30 x 48 = M1440 = D1

my question is where are they put in the parameters tab pls i saw azi explaining but i dont get what exactly to type
after reading master the markets on volume i beleive i can grasp this context
av watched the video on context and i cant mkve ahead if i dont know how to plot the barrosswing setting to H5 and D1 as rela is saying in video
sorry am kenyan africa and we like to use shortforms

thenx rel for responding to me am soo glad u mean volume works i used it according to a certain strategy buying on "no supply"and selling on no demand candle its was good until it was hard to predict a continuation i was always looking for stopping volume in a down move to buy and climax to sell well ad love to know how u use it

anyway now am on this strategy i have read the page u suggested and i agree i can only be helped if u see what i see
now i understand that m5 is wave 1 and m15 is wave 2 so i have posted the charts as i see them after putting the barros indi on 5min and 15min timeframes lol i understand i shouldnt use this terms
so the settings for the settings when i right click the indi pon parameters tab theres value and time
does it mean in time i put 15 and value i type wave 1 lol i almost feel like i sound silly

any here is what i have screenshots
whats the next step?

Hi rela,

what do u think about this entry is it a good way of taking trades? that would have been some 60 pips risking 20pips as u suggested is doable

am still wondering why am not able to know how to set the settings of barros swing indi

oh i looked at the chart again then noticed i can another trnedline ontop and looks like a good channel right?

oh i still dont knowhow to set the indi parameters help

njokie,
are you trading in the 5m TF?

yes colmex iam am not sure if its the right thing but hoenestly av been grabing some 60 pips in this timeframe entering at the break and retest of a trendline

but but but theres something av not grasped about settings of the indicator wave 1 is 5m and wave 2 is 15min i dont know how to set that on the indicator

by the way previously i was trading with volume anlysis i dropped it after noticing u can wait for hours then get some 17pips

then i also use wave analysis where i wait for an impulsive move then wait for retracement and enter at s/r

i realise all this strategies have helped me understand but now am on this strategy
ok av said soo much u had only asked if i trade in 5min yes with this strategy

hi rel i was reading page 5 again av started the thread all over again
i see u say that one can spot tradeable price actiosn once we draw trendlines
i saw this today some 40pips so far am beginning t beleive trendlines do work

ok thenx alot first time i have heard that coz many people draw it in 4h timeframes no wonder i was seeing them work in 5min and 1min
like in the above chart i cant see the retest of the trendline in 5min but when i open the 1min chart the retest is there i guess al demo this for some time and see if my account increases
so do u suggest i work with the barros just the way it is?without changing the settings since i havent understood how we type all the info in the parameters

ok let me try i think those are the pattern reflecting the chart the blue ones are buy patterns and and the magenta ones are sell patterns

wow, i think i just discovered something. it does not have to do much with this thread anymore, but it’s related to your statements about multiple timeframe analysis and especially the part with “retracements on higher timeframes are trends on smaller ones”. backtesting looks very very promising on 3 out of 3 pairs so far. really looking forward to forward test it from monday on.

dunno, had to think about your thread and just thought i’d let you know and say thanks.

Wow, looks interesting…

a.Why chunks of 25%, who not the Fib numbers / chunks, 38% & 38 - 61 % etc… is there a reason for that…

b. Wave 2 - Impulse approx 60% of the time… but I keep reading that larger % of retracement waves lie between 38 & 61 hence my question… os there a number for the band (38 - 61)too … is it worth checking…

c.
26-50 / 239 26.76% - leads to a Continuing impulse W3
51-75 / 285 31.91% - leads to a Continuing impulse W3 (does 61 - 75 retracement lead to a continuing impulse too or is it an imperfect impulse …?? )
76-100 / 292 32.70% - Do these generally turn to flats… (maybe as time progresses)

d. One question here, I understand that Wave 2-3 is generally the longest wave and a good wave to catch and get more preys… I was thinking if the < 75% retracement led to a good impulse W3 of 100% or more…

Whereas from the stats it looks like 64% wave 2 have a retracement of upto 75% whereas only 24% of the overall numbers end up being an impulse in W3… is this the case of me seeing / approaching it wrongly… (in which case apologies… can you help understand it better)
Also 70.66% of the time wave 3 is is between 0-100 % of W1 i.e, W3 impulse is smaller than W1 could mean that there is more flat than trend in the currency pair under analysis…

Some question… are these stats for a specific class of instrument… commodity / CCY pair… also what is the time frame for analysis… again… would it differ for different time frames… ?!

Very interesting… please keep it coming…
e.Am wondering whether you used the Rela Barros swings indi and calculated the stats by modifying the current code ?

– Silver

ok… cool… I get it… let me study if further… with the comments you’ve given… now… thank you…

Guys, I have read and reread this thread over and over again and still have no idea what is going on. I feel like the answer is right in front of my face but I am not seeing it. Can somebody simplify this thread for me. Thanks, TJ

[QUOTE=“Relativity”][/QUOTE]

I’ll tell you what I see. If a retracement has surpassed the 100% mark it is not likely to reverse until 200% am I correct?

Those patterns repeat each other. One in a downtrend and the other in an uptrend. They are kind of connected to one another. Am I right?

Which indicator are you referring to?

My only trouble now is spotting the genuine highs and lows in order to know where the 1/4 1/2 100% 200% levels are on my chart.