What Really Turned My Trading Around

Hello Relativity,

i will stick to the original heiken ashi, the only new stuff will be the haDelta (which is not heiken ashi smoothed). Heiken ashi just make it easy to see the trend visually. haDelta is interesting thou.

best regards

• guandi

Doing range statistics of the first 15 min candles of the opening hours in London session for every weekday. That might decide the winner/loser wick for the rest of the day

Inform later

Guys, do you know which platform offers London Time ( others just GMT or NY time) ? Need that platform get accuracy of price such as avafx or fxcm.FXDD not good, it showed too late MN1 swing in GBP/USD. Seems that London controls the first hour opening, at lunch it liquidates and NY might just copy the move in London , so the first hour in London get some significance
Relativity already posted candle range statistics somewhere in this thread. IMO, if this day’s 15 min candle range at the oppenning is bigger than average of those of the whole week, meaning bias for the day, so we can capture and start from that wick winning

Of course, we need considerate that bias if the pair has moved too much since Sydney opening.For example. today EUR already got down 66 pips before London opens, so scenario is:

1. expecting 40 pips to go down more ,regarding pip budget for NY
    2.Those in Lodon may push up EUR a bit before leting EUR go down again (previous High/today H of NY and London are 1.2750/2707 and 2734, today H in Lodon still going on ). Previous L of NY broke. Today L of London = openning

Everyone get diffrent platforms which different openning and closing times as well as high and low of the day. All equal but considering London session is biggest of all volume so that session needed paid more attention

Hope you guy can have some idea about opening, previous H and L statistics

Now i am doing on the first 30 min and 1 hour candles at London openning. Seem that those guys in London really knowing what going on for the day

[/I]

I’ve not officially got till here yet… still in the 50’s pages… but I keep lurking to see if there are any interesting analysis… I had this question the last few days and found the above few posts very interesting…

In fact I was wondering how the confederation of central banks and the private banks… (in many ways they are all private anyway) work together to create a market that still works… and how all other things like WA, Fibo’s etc will last in terms of principles… Thinking about it more… all these without the base statistics may not lead to a clear approach on understanding PA…

In fact… the banks may differ as its all about consolidation of the white elephants… and in which case… when this happens they will try to fight each other and profit from each other in the markets… again because its not just the banks but economies and politics involved…

I was not there even thinking about trading when all the earlier crisis happened… and was wondering how it all looked in terms of history when the Lehman, citi bank crisis happened, the earlier when the bubbled exploded at various points… did the market or the rules of play change after that… Rel… how were you trading then and how did things change…

I ask this because as when the all these changes happen / white elephants clash… they’re not going to be looking for retail traders… I am wondering if this will be a profitable situation or chaos… for retail traders… and how it may look like…

In any case… the above analysis looks good… it kindles the thinking process further… I’ve started using excel for stats… and working on it… using history data from MT4… playing around with it still…

Thank you…

Thanks, great i really need it but dont know how to figure out.Very good when around significant levels

Me too, my account improves as well. I guess now you are more happy so you focus on your own more.
I guess, when you not satisfied about your own progress or you in the corner of learning curve before a big jump, you opened this thread. You got some rest and of course we got a chance to get something value

Glad if you could share something about volatility before you gone for a while

Hapy but AdvanceVSA not autorefresh

Omg, VSA is really game changer which all i need. May i called "bread and butter indicators"
You would have posted it at the beginning of this spread :slight_smile:
Come back sometime and tell us about your account growing. We need inspiring each other

Nice work. You said to think about the 20 pip box on either side. Since we are talking candles here is it from the candle close or either side of the candle?

Good, you could be here more
I observe some pattern on Monday. It usually going 1 direction for the first 8 hours from Asian opening to early London’s

Btw, 6 AM GMT+2 also awesome, be able to catch the whole candlestick range. Thank Dr.J (#763)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your expert opinion on Option and Future settlement which might be the good levels of Support and Resistance in spot’s ?

M5 x 1 = M5
M5 x 3 = M15
M5 x 12 = M60 = H1
M15 x 20 = M300 = H5
M30 x 48 = M1440 = D1
M60 x 120 = M10080 = D5 = W1 [B]??? Should be 7200 ![/B]
M240 x 150 = M36000 = D25 = MN1 (monthly)
M1440 x 75 = D75 = MN3 = Q1 (quarterly)

Rel, I recently found this thread and was intrigued with your statistical analysis, trend following and the 20 pip rule. Then I went on to read some of the earlier posts made by you too. First of all, let me thank you for the wonderful work and also for sharing them with us.

I did apply your methods (in demo account) with some degree of success for the last couple of days. I’m yet to trade live after an initial live account blown in two days, when I first came to know about forex (abt 3 yrs back). I’m glad I found this thread, coz so far I’ve gained a lot of confidence.

But, I wonder how much the results would differ in a live account. On a demo account I managed 11 trades with 2 losing, 2 at BE and 7 wins. I also won 115 pips and lost 31 pips in 2 days.

Here’s an example of a trade entry I made. I missed the first entry point (topmost arrow) and entered in the second small retracement.

I’m also looking at the gold chart and observing an squeezing price between the daily bottom trend line and a horizontal top support zone. What do you make of the charts? It would be nice to know your perception of the charts so I would learn to see how you view them. Just when I went to save the chart as an image the price had broken the support zone with tall bullish candle.

Thanks a lot

Hi to all guys,
been away from the thread for a while, but I see REL is always churning out new ideas…
Let’s see if I’ve properly understood what’s happening…

So, you changed your trading style? Actually you go for max 30 pips…heavy loaded…?

Actually your “Advanced VSA” doesn’t looks like the indi in your chart… Is the one in my chart (ALpari Live Micro) correctly working?

I interpreted what you said in this way: We see an hourly bar which volume is higher than usual (white ones in Advanced Vsa) if the candle isn’t a big one we start to look for a 20 pips retracement from (daily?) high/Low and enter in that direction…(orange lines in my chart)
The problem is: shall we stay in the trade until we have another white bar in VSA? I.e. Red lines in my chart… And then enter in the opposite way if we have another 20 pips retracement?
E.G. Shall we enter short after last red line if price retraces 20 pips?

Of course I’d like to…

Thanks for all REL!
:smiley:

I didn’t really changed. All I did is to improve the way I scalp H1 candles. Then I do the usual 'let the trade run.

Which chart are you talking about? The VSA one or the latest one? Either way, I toggle my indis to hide and show things as needed. It is working correctly as far as I see it, but you have to understand why is it done (more impt)

I didn’t say anything about looking for 20 pips retracement. This is NOT a tool for mechanical entry/exit. This is a tool to read the market better, and to see its intentions. If price is concentrated, a breakout on either side is likely to happen.

From here, read it further : is it a breakout to run stops->reverse->actual move or breakout fake on both sides->becoming an expanding triangle->continue to stay flat and no trend->attempt to run stops again?

Hold up, let me code it up then.

Sorry, I understood badly that statement… :slight_smile:

Hi guys, ive been away for a while. Now I’m going to read the whole thread again from start :S My brain works best when I take a timeout to contemplate and not have too much information in one go.

I’ve been following Jason Alan Jankovsky’s stuff and his morning briefings lately.

I hope to add some thoughts after I’m done reading. cheers

So relativity, how’s your journey to full time trading going?

and how’s everyone else doing with their trading?

I went live last month and so far its been working awesomely. I haven’t been scalping the hourly time frame anymore more than anything cause school has been keeping me pretty busy so I’ve been rather catching the big swings using a lot of jason alan jankovsky’s techniques.

=> good going

Good choice there Colmex; one must know his lifestyle 1st! Keep it up.

It has come to another ‘halt’. Sigh. But its a good ‘halt’; its something to do with ‘having a relationship’ wink That is going to be a major issue that can affect my trading career, since emotions do affect the performance of a trader A LOT.

Life aren’t about trading you know! =>

Lol I don’t get you. This is my thread.