What Really Turned My Trading Around

Oh man I thought I was receiving email notice from babypips whenever someone post here hahaha, I was thinking you all had taken a reeealy long holiday.
yes btw hope you all had a great christmas and newyear. Now I gotta read up

Long EU @ 1.2725
Break of LR Channel & Daily Channel… (Closed 30 min candle)
Took 15 pip on first half and second half @ BE now… let’s see if it goes @ 1.2850… :wink:

Was I right Boss? :smiley:

Show the chart bro… learn to analyse…:slight_smile:

Here is the chart bro:

Yellow Channel : Linear Regression Channel (downleg of daily Barros swing)
White Line: Uppe trendline of Daily Channel

gOOD JOB BRO… but could you explain what’s the white lines are?..
ohh…ok. read. tq

Yes I did @ 1.2729 and secured 20 pips profit. And set a trailing stop of 42 pips…
Tempted to close it now @ 7% of my equity… :smiley:

Edit: Closed for 60 pips (bouncing from 1.2800 and to tired to follow the rollercoaster more for today… :56:

Anyway, I have to thank you again for all the knoweledge you gave us. Today I was able to better understand the market and made 2 good entries vs 1 bad entry.
Moreover, with a better trade management could have made 10% instead of about 4%…

Previous trade went back @ BE for the second (micro) lot… :wink:

Early in the morning had a bad trade ( - 15 pip). I went short coz 30 min candle closed again inside LReg channel after a bounce @ daily trendline… :frowning:

Ahh master,
could you elaborate on Market Profile coz I’m new to this. New lesson. Is it an indicator? if so…could you provide that?..and how to analyse it…I’m blank on it…
TQ

Sorry, but I don’t understand your question regarding MAs… coz. there are so many ways to use them…
Currently I’m reading Guppy’s book about GMMAs. Things like the Short term (traders) & Long term (investors)…

Regarding taking the breaks, I see sometimes price shots and never retests the breaking area… so, it’s difficult to know when & where to take the bounce, unless we use market profile, as I see from your image… :smiley:

It’s not being correct if the question regards the USE of Mas in trading, because we can use in many ways…
I.e. we can trade a cross of MAs, or we can trade a bounce from them once crossed (i.e. using them as dinamic support/resistance areas). Or, we could trade a break of a tunnel (Ma High/Ma Low)…

Or, do you mean if I know what do they means technically, and how they are calculated (Exponential, Simple etc…)?

P.s. 50%…? Not bad… ROFL!!!

I think I’ve got the BarrosSwing and LRC application correctly…just need more practice. I got the pdf files on basic MP…might be my weekend homework… Rel, thanks for the teaching. We truly got something on these volatile world…:slight_smile:

Well, I think we’re getting to the point… I’m just searching more about Market Profile and I’m starting to see some relationships between MP levels and VSA (Volume spread Analysis):
Starting from “our” :smiley: knoweledge about real swings, their channels & Lreg channels we can easily detect general trend and the zones where it is goin’ to change…
The real problem was pinpointing entries: Here MP comes in our help… We can clearly see how price reacts @ POC (Points of Control) and we can have further confirmation by the VSA…

Looking @ my chart (Today’s EU 5 min TF)
Point marked A: price bounced @ yesterday POC. VSA shows a Climax low, but price refuse to go lower. Immediately after we have a Climax High (further confirmation) and price went higher… -> Long Entry @ the break of LReg Channel

[I](Knowing this could have saved me to go short this morning. See my previous post #219 )[/I]

Point Marked B: price bounced @ Tuesday POC. VSA Shows a Climax high not followed by a raising price (good point to take partial profit)…> In fact price went down to point C

Point Marked C: price went down fast, but suddenly stopped and reverted @ today’s POC. VSA Shows a Climax low not followed by a lower price. (good point for a reentry… the same point the Boss marked in his chart today). Incidentally this level coincided with the classic today’s Central Pivot…

Incidentally, in all these cases, there was a break of 5 min channel as further confirmation for entries…
Furthermore, we have logical good points for very small SL just behind those swings @ POC levels…

Maybe I made a wrong observation, but it seems an interesting topic to discuss with Rel…

Note: The POC are those clear lines with the text labels immediately below
[](http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Aztrader2/Trading Charts/?action=view&current=mpplusvsa2.gif)

[B]Hope the Boss won’t kill me now…saying I’m an ignorant jackass…[/B]. :smiley:

Sincerely, i still don’t understand what have I to share about MAs…

Many traders (or so called systems) use cross of 2 or more Mas ( e.g 7/14 or 14/21), eventually confirmed by MACD or RSI or whatever… to enter a trade. Those are all lagging indicators & this systems works bad in ranging period, but (as they claims) some people has positive outcomes using these systems…

Many others use a bounce (e.g 14/21 and price bounces from 21) from longer term Ma to get an entry in estabilished trends…

Others use a break of High/Low channels, confirmed by other indicators and /or price action (e.g. Synergy or Sonic…)

200 EMA is often used as milestone to define a trend. Others uses 50 or 60 Ma’s. Others uses MAs of Fibonacci numbers (e.g. 144)

But, who am I to say what is right or what is wrong about that? personally, I never liked those systems because of too many whipshaws. Moreover, they don’t really explain us where price is going. As I said @ the start of this thread, I was already going to pure price action, trying to understand the real market movement… That’s why I liked this thread and start following you…

I don’t see how all these stuffs can deal with a system based on swings & channels.
Obviously GMMAs is a different way to look @ MAs… and we’re looking forward to understand how you use them…

Rel…

plz. stop reproaching me about my charts coz…

I don’t use other indicators than Barros Swing & Channels…
:slight_smile: also GMMAs are on my charts just waiting for your explanations regarding their practical use…

CCI is only a quick visual tool to remember me te prevailing trend. I don’t take entries because of it.
ATR is only a reminder for knowing the range of a pair… I don’t use for trading.

Actually, I only trade following your teachings… Obviously I still lack of many informations (MP/GMMAs etc.)

I loaded MP on the chart just to start to see POC relationships with the price (as I saw in your chart today). The indi is one I had (coz you never shared the version you use) , wich draws the lines of previous days POC. (I attached the file)
In this case too, I 'm looking forward for “your” use of MP…

Regarding VSA I found it on a thread about MP and just made some observations about what I saw on today’s chart. But if you say we don’t need it, well, I’ll be glad to not use it… Lesser is better… :smiley:

iPolo - Market Profile.zip (2.86 KB)

From now on I’ll shall call you CF…short form for sifu…:60:…
such a long way to go…

I sent to you an Email… Boss… :smiley: ROFL

Could you plz. explain better bro? What does CF and Sifu means…? My poor english doesn’t let me know the hidden meaning of your post… :smiley:

It’s a chinese word stands for great master…(especially in Martial Arts arena)…but could be used in any other field as well…:slight_smile:
and for Rel… may I know are you chinese?

Ah, ah, ah, from Master to… Great Master…! He will kill you… :smiley: Isn’t it… CF?

Sorry for the typo… I edited my post…

Got hit my SL just now…
When trying to go Long on LRC lower line bounce…after a pin bar CS had formed…got few pips then reversed…:frowning:

edit: Had just now read this>Commentary by Boris Schlossberg: UK PPI Turns Negative For 1st Time in 2 Years
Is it a correlated effects on EU instead?..but EU trade balance goes +ve then…
New one read> Weak demand for Italian 3 year bond auction sent EUR/USD tumbling off it session highs as the pair fell back to the 1.2800 figure.
Need CF to comment…