What source do u suggest for an intermediate to continue learning forex?

A training course can be good value for example if you are in a situation where you have only say a 3-month window to learn trading and start making money or the opportunity is lost forever.

But who is ever in that situation?

A course is good value if you don’t know what you should learn on your own initiative. But if you don’t know what you should learn, how would you find the right course? And remember a teacher teaches you only what they want you to know, which might not be what you need to know.

A course is good value if you are too lazy or risk-averse to find and try out your own methods. But that has to suggest you’re looking at the wrong career.

Get a simple strategy that involves as few decisions by the trader as possible, open a demo account and start trading it. You will start learning how to trade but more important you will start learning what you need to know to trade well.

4 Likes

That’s a good start. You could do your own testing and figure out the other 80% for yourself. You don’t need more information, you need more practice.

1 Like

That’s the important thing.

This might help.

1 Like

Around 10 months since I started properly, And I don’t say it doesn’t work at all but the max of win rate is around 40 I traded with famous indicators and I had winning trades but I saw some traders with higher win rate and I decided to strengthen myself in trading
When I asked them about their strategy I realized there’s still a world of jargons and indicators I know sht about​:joy::joy:

Some people might use jargon because they don’t want to share their strategy, yet don’t want to be rude. They may say something vague and confusing on purpose.

1 Like

You are pretending to be higher than beginner level, but you are a beginner.

Learn and used to practice methods above takes from couple months to couple years on each because you don’t know what will work for you and how you will feel in trading with chosen method, basically you did not do your homework. Do you think, you will find someone who will share building profitable strategies’ method for free? Check this topic before you answer Read this post before asking for a mentor tip for you, win rate depends mostly on strategy type which you are use, not indicators itself.

2 Likes

Thanks bro❤️

Hello fellow
degen, read the book Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas, this is ALL you need if you really studied everything you said, this is kind of a mental trap, thinking that you need learn more in order to prevent the loss, when in factuality you need to learn more about psychology of trading and developing a system that works for you. Your view on trading and your profitability will change after reading that book, I guarantee it

3 Likes

Probably best not to mention a broker and then link a Reddit page where the very first post, a pinned reddit, is about that same broker.

And the last post about forex on r/wallstreetbets was something like 5 years ago. Not a great place for forex knowledge.

Do I smell a pstone shill?

40% win rate is excellent. What is the size of your average win compared to your average loss look like?

Are you also trading crypto? Based on your profile pic… And if so, how’s that going?

Trailer and error
Practice practices practices
Demo account till you master it
Think like an athlete

1 Like

Thanks yo❤️

Well, I almost lose the trades but with my good capital management, I barely survived…

I know how to trade crypto but I only use it for investing… Crypto market is very volatile and for a beginner is not an easy market to catch the fast big moves… also I’m more comfortable trading forex but I also love crypto for it’s decentralized system

1 Like

Thanks yo❤️

You most welcome and happy trading
Long journey to financial freedom

This free course is for anyone who might want to go the prop firm route because some of the people who completed it were able to join prop firms and get funded.

You can read their testimonials and learn more about the course here:

How To Trade Forex For A Living - The Crucial Steps (nononsenseforex.com)

I haven’t taken this free course by No Nonsense Forex because I decided to work on becoming a quant instead of a forex trader, but I still recommend it.

The funny thing is that No Nonsense Forex recommends people to take The School of Pipsology first before taking his course.

I signed up for babypips because of him, but I ended up not taking his course. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys,
I’ve learnt almost anything available on the internet, utube, Telegram or here…

Congrats on your first step towards mastery and professionability.

And I need to know more to be able to trade on live account but the content is repetitious now…
Any source I want to start keeps saying the same word… but it’s only good for a beginner.

Good you figured that out, shows you’ve identified the basic lessons and how-tos of this vulnerable market. Mind you, no matter your search on more advanced knowledge, you still can’t escape repetition because what seems to be advanced are just all what you’ve seen in the basics.

My first day as a tennis player i was introduced to every of the theoretical aspect on how to hold the racquet properly, smash the balls in my opponent half, extending to the rules and principles of tennis.

I thought i knew it all and ready to smash every competitions and tours, not until my first match after completing my tennis lessons; it was my first match i realised there’s more to tennis. I start to look for advanced tennis courses in my quest to professionability; while i enrolled for API tennis tutoring from a renowed coach, i was also studying big players like Federer and Djokovic. But one thing i found out was that, everything are all in the basics i had been introduced earlier and what seem to be advance lessons are just repetition of the things from the basics.

When i asked my coach how do i become someone like Federer, his reply was “Practice” of which i responded to his unsatisfying reply “just like that?”.
“Yes, just like that” my coach responded.

He was like he’d taught me how to smash using the forehand and backhand techniques, am familiar with the rules and principles guiding the game. What else do these pro knew that i didn’t know? Nothing.

What makes the differences is practise. We all practise diffently. It was in practise i learned the psychology aspect which i will never find in books nor will my coach ever teach me.
It was never in the theoretical lessons of tennis the abilities of every of your opponent.
It was never in the theoretical lessons of tennis to always conserve energy at first set.

All these while advanced, were things i figured out in the process of practise.

Trading is similar thing. You’ve known by the basic theoretical lessons of trading how to execute a trade, how to set SL & TP, how to draw S&R, S&D, trend & range lines.
On this things are all the advanced you ever sort built on. And where can you find the advanced courses you seek, “Practise”.

The market has more to teach you; you’ll figure them out in your process of practise. No one will teach you the market behaviour, it’s something you figure out with consistent hour of practice.

No one will stop you from taking trades every now and then, it’s your familiarity with the market you’ll realised most of the trader’s life are spent without execution and patiently waiting for one.

I want a content to teach how to use Fib, elliot, price action, indicators, etc… to plough the market😁(intermediate or advanced level of them)
Please introduce any source u feel it could come in handy

All these you seek for are still basics, and you should have come across them in your Pipsology journey. And if you come across them but still don’t get them, don’t be deceived, you can get books and resources on them freely on the internet. Take it one step at a time, decide which you think will be useful for you in regards to your strategy and study it carefully.

1 Like

Sorry, I just don’t get it!
Actually a decentralised system is a huge disadvantage to people. After all the right information is key to success and the right information is not available through a decentralised system.
A very critical piece of information to get an edge is to know when aggressive buyers are beginning to take control or aggressive sellers beginning to take control. Then trade in the same direction.
This information is only available through a centralised exchange system like trading stocks or futures.
Ok, there is a trade off with less liquidity than forex. But as a retail trader how much liquidity do you really need? Even large financial institutions trade on these lower liquidity systems and extremely successfully! So if they can do it we can too.
One other disadvantage I suppose is you can begin with a small account due to margin requirements and minimum contact size. But if you want to invest you must have enough capital to begin no matter what market you are trying to trade.