What time GMT

Can someone tell me what time the Asian and London sessions begin in GMT time.
I think it’s 11.00 for Asia and 20.00 for London, that’s 11am Asia and 8pm for London but don’w know if that’s right.

lets call GMT the zero mean… if that is so, minus 5 from GMT and you have the U.S.A. eastern timezone, or NYSE time. Knowing that the NYSE opens at 9:30 a.m. local to itself, if you are in London, it opens at 2:30 p.m. local to you. However, if you are in California, it opens at 6:30 a.m. local to you.

Guess my question is, Where on the planet are you, so I can better answer your question?

Chubs

Just to give you a little more info, the European Session opens at 3:00 a.m. local to me and I am in the U.S.A and live in the EST or NYSE time zone, if that helps you more.

I am in New Zealand but my broker LatitudeFX is set at GMT time not New Zealand time and I need to set Asia open and London open in tha parameters of an indicator I am using. I just need to know in GMT terms what time Asia and London open. Trying to figure it out confuses me so want confirmation. I’m thinking 11.00 and 20.00 for Asia and London respectively.

London time is the same as GMT, so if the market opens at 8am there, then you need to use 8.00 rather than 20.00.

Here’s a handy little time chart for each time zone for each session.

(suppose MP will take credit for this too…;))

:slight_smile:

n what if im from asia n its GMT +8?

Your chart only has 4 hours difference between GMT and EST. I thought it was 5 hours difference, so the London market opens at 8 GMT, rather than 7.

LOL, I have that chart taped to my wall.

Oanda has this tool to figure out when different markets open and close

FXMarketHours - OANDA FXTrade

If I understand the original question correctly, I think it was about how to convert the market opens to the local time zone, right?

So, New Zealand is GMT+13 now (daylight saving). London opens at 8:00 GMT (non daylight saving). Remember New Zealand and the Northern Hemisphere are the opposite. It will be 8 + 13 = 21 local New Zealand time, which is 9 PM local when London opens.

During non daylight saving, New Zealand is GMT + 12. London opens at 7:00 GMT (daylight savings). It will be 7 + 12 = 19 local New Zealand time, which is 7 PM local when London opens.

I hope this helps.

Asian session opens the Market 11 : 00 p.m. coming
European Market opens @ 8 a.m. GMT
NYSE market opens 1:30 p.m. GMT

the market doesn’t close til the end of the NYSE session on Friday night at 9:00 p.m. GMT

Relate this to any chart you get, and go from there,

Good Luck and Good Pippin.

Chubs

use this —

World Financial Markets – Current Open/Closed Status, Opening and Closing Times, and Holiday Schedule, Expressed in Terms of Your Local Time Zone

very helpful :slight_smile: