What time of day are you trading/not trading?

Anybody have a trading rule just trading the morning sessions UK/US and then not trading at all after 11 or 12 PM ET?

I’m trying to find the article where some special pro trader dude said to stop trading after 10:45am. Or the best potential for success was trading only mornings.

1 Like

I do that. Because it always made sense to me.

If you look at the volume, there is always an increase at the beginning of a session. And often times there is also a sharp price movement. That gives you an advantage of knowing when something will happen. You only have to decide what will happen.

It has also the benefit, that you dont have to sit in front of your charts all day. I started to trade indices to furhter evolve on trading “the open”.

But i dont know the article you mentioned. Sorry.

1 Like

So do you keep like a fixed trading window? First 4 hours maybe? Or does it change? Thanks!

An alternative is by minimizing risk involved in FTT I practically use FTT signals and it has proven to be such a reliable option since I save both my time and receive quality valueble knowledge too. So on a normal week I trade daily as per the number of signals I receive on that day .Inorder to maintain profit I stop once every 5 successful trade as been achieved in that date at times I change to whatever works best

I avoid trading between 5-6pm EST, which is the close of the NY session. Starting at 5 spreads widen significantly, then by 6 they’re back to normal.

I also avoid trading for the first 12 hours of the trading week due to low liquidity, during this time markets are still trying to establish a direction.

Also avoid important news events if you trade anything under 1D charts.

Any other time is fair game for me.

Those are just some of my experiences.

1 Like

Wow that is so specific? Not even 11am! :))

Not familiar with FTT. What is that?

How does that work out with the start of the week? Sunday evening ET or Monday morning?

Maybe the article I read had something to do with the London close or just getting close to US lunchtime. Can’t find the article. :tired_face:

Market hours tool

I usually wait until the NY session Monday morning. That is just my personal preference though.

Yea that makes sense. Thanks!

What sessions are you trading?

I only trade the London Session. For me there doesn’t happen much most of the time during the second half of the New York session

1 Like

I basically avoid London session of Friday; but usually I use most of the trading sessions!

So London, M-F?

Yea, Friday’s can be tough to trade, at least when I was trading the daily time frame and nothing else.

Right now yes. But I’m constantly updating my trading plan with more experience, trades etc.

1 Like

I am a day trader basically. A better trading strategy leads to better profit. Every tradershouldrely on multiple strategies at a time to confirm a signal.

I prefer day trading the most because it keeps me apart from risk. It’s a type of swing trading.

Do you live in the US? Just wondering if you wake up at crazy hours to get in on the London session.

haha no, my timezone is GMT +1 luckily