What Timeframe Do You Trade?

Hi, that’d be on my thread on bollinger bands and price action, have a read through if you’d like :smiley:

Hi Dennis, thanks for your comment. Lovely to hear from a fellow QLDers.

I can’t comment too much on the strategy you are using since I don’t use RSI or Stochastics and I definitely cannot trade the 5 minutes timeframe. That’d be the completely opposite of what I do with way too much time on the charts.

1. I will send you the pairs via direct message, please check your inbox.

2. I don’t generally care for that too much (I might get a lot of hate for saying this - haha). But when you trade the daily chart, that sort of disapear from your list of things to worry about. Don’t get me wrong, you still want a broker with good spreads so that you can benefits as much as possible from your trades. I used to use ICMarkets RAW accounts, which generally have 0 or close to 0 spreads MOST of the time. I currently use Oanda so that I can trade directly on Tradingview and their spreads seems to be pretty good as well.

If you find spreads are high in the morning, that’s because the market is about to or have just changed over. A way to bypass that is to place pending orders (so when the market really moves in your direction you’d enter a trade) or, if you are at-market-price person, open your trade BEFORE the market changes over.

When you trade the lower timeframes, spreads becomes a much much bigger issue as it cuts massively into your profits if it’s not appropriately proportioned. Not so much when you are swing or position trader though.

The point is, since July you claim to be trading daily charts successfully, but totally avoid sharing any details.

Even in just the recent posts, someone has to yet again ask for the “strategy”

You have not provided even one chart of a past trade; how hard could that be?

Was it a pin bar entry, engulfing, key reversal?

Which pair was it?

Thread is totally fluff, lacks any substance and yet everyone is so impressed, I don’t get it.

Next, you will be in the Giants section I guess, must be selling something by asking for PM.

Sure, I’m blunt, but so is trading, go ahead and mark this like the last post, sure sensitive about something.

You trade the daily charts… what indicators or tools do you use? How do you trade the daily chart?

2 Likes

mostly h1 and h4 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

cant tell you what is my favorite between these two. but what I like is having quick results. either win or loss. not waiting one week to see the result of a trade

by using these TF, i can pass 3 to 5 positions per day. that allow me to have a great performance ( much more than others traders who take only one or two daily position and wait for one week)

1 Like

I use Renko Bricks for my main charting so time is irrelevant… it filters out all the noise of the candles and tells me when a pair is newly on the move… I then use the 1hr & 15m candles for detail and find an entry to get in on that move (Intraday). Alerts tell me when I need to check the charts, and if I see a trade then I will have to manage it whilst it is open as I have no SL or TPs… It’s kind of ‘Raw’ ‘Live’ trading and having to be fixed at the screen for a while (1-5 hrs) … I’ve been trading this way this year due to Covid… the markets are all over he place… I don’t believe anyone can stick to their normal strategy whatever timeframe. Renko bricks are rapidly becoming very popular due to Covid.

1 Like

this is the kind of chart that i make 4-5 times per day

i’m about to enter if price form a confirmation (my little secret)

There was an update here a day ago which might be useful -

All the best.

1 Like

I have absolutely nothing to prove to people like yourself. Go on and make a criticism about other people you don’t even know, what does that say about you?

I have about 3 or so threads on Babypips. Go ahead and check them, ask every single person who asked me to send them the pairs I trade, and see what they say? Ask them to tell you if I have I once tried to sell them anything?

The point of this particular thread is to present my idea of what I do and ask for other people their opinions on it as well and for others to present their own idea. Have I once said anything on my post that I want to sell a course or I want to invite you to my “signal groups” or anything of the like?

Also, one of my thread does show my trading strategy. So do your research before going talking crap about other people.

2 Likes

You can check out my thread on bollinger band and price action I wrote. Thanks.

1 Like

Just to add something to this. Cloud has shared a couple of threads of strategies he uses with plenty of screen shots and has replied to dozens if not hundreds of comments. The time he has taken to reply to each comment is actually quite incredible. I’ve read through all the threads and spoke with him in private and he’s never once tried to sell anything to anyone. He’s just someone who is out to try and help other people. What do you bring to the table? Nothing but insults. If everyone was like you then i think people like cloudninee would be very reluctant to share their experiences and inisght which would be an awful shame. Babypips is a pretty good community of people trying to do well and support each other. You don’t really fit in here. Maybe just take your negative bs and slide on.

3 Likes

Don’t even waste your time replying to him mate. There’s dozens of people on here who appreciate the time and effort you’ve put in to sharing your system and the time you’ve taken to respond to comments (myself included). There’s always gonna be twats like this on the internet. They can’t be avoided unfortunately. I’ve been doing many hours of manual back testing on your system and there’s no doubt that it has a high success rate. I’m really excited about using it. It could be potentially life changing! :slight_smile: thanks again and keep up the good work. I can’t tell you how much it’s appreciated. Cheers

2 Likes

look at this and tell me if thats not beautiful :cowboy_hat_face:

french quality :muscle: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[/quote]

its not the american , the english or the russian that will make you that.
french quality

Thank you for your support. I usually try not to get bothered by things like this but this time of year is a sensitive time for me personally. I’m just glad I could be of help to others especially just by sharing what I know. All the best for the festive season my friend.

2 Likes

Hi Cloud very interesting article. I look forward to reading about your full strategy whenever you decide to publish it through the website. Just out of curiosity, do you have a minimum pips goal when you enter a trade or do you look at structure and decide accordingly trade by trade?

2 Likes

they are amateurs, they are noobs

bad quality

when you know how to trade it doesnt need a sacrifice to your lifestyle. when you are a pro you dont care about looking at the pc 24/24. you take your trades when you can at a fixed horary. lets say you take positions only at the beginning of european session and then others positions at the beginning of american session.
then you leave office and go to make your life : taking beer with friends, bringing your girl to a restaurant, play videogames or all what you want

yes taking 5 positions per day will make you tired but you dont need to work 16h for that. few hours per day is sufficient (and yes it extenuate your mind, you are very tired at the end of the day but you dont need to look at price)

good traders put their trade and dont even look at price. they just take position and they leave the pc screen. looking at the price when you are in position its for noobs who dont know how to trade

its when you learn that you make a lot of sacrifices, this is reality. I agree with you for that point. youll suffer a lot : financially/mentally/socially/sexualy/sentimentally

I agree with you that the Daily does offer elimination of stress and the yoyo games played by the candles. A successfultrader who lives here in the States once said that to use the Daily strategy, you have to know the COT Report number and convert it into chart. Once you have that on spreadsheet in a chart form, you can easily gauge any currency how the banks are playing it. The chart fetches the weekly report of institutions how and when they go long or short. As new traders it makes sense to go with the trend but does anyone know how to get the COT and convert the currencyinto charts. I think he said that once you fetch the previous couple of years, every new data of the last week numbers can be added on weekly basis. This way the chart clearly says how to pair different currencies to go long or short. This person doesn’t use any indicators but only what the chart shows and he said that he can predict that the trend would either stay bullish or bearish for the next few days or weeks. Any input would be appreciated if anyone knows how to get the institution numbers and convert it into chart. I have been trying to play with it but this far have not been successful. I can say that this report is public and anyone can have access to it as it’s a requirement by the U. S Gov to allow institutions to trade.

1 Like

Hi @Cloudninee ,

Can you confirm you messaged me the currency pairs? I cant see anything in my inbox except for a welcome message from BabyPips.

Thanks

Dennis

1 Like

Hi, I have already published my daily strategy - feel free to have a read of it through my posts.

Pips goals are something so irrelevant I cannot express how much I don’t care about it. Simply because yes as you said, you should be looking at market structure and decide where your trade should end and that should determine where you should enter a trade as well.

Why do I say pips goals are irrelevant? Because you shouldn’t be focusing on the pips you are getting but rather the $ in terms of RR. Because if you are calculating your lot size accordingly to each trade, one pip from one trade is not the same as one pip in another.

1 Like

Okay let’s not call anyone amateurs or noobs. Everybody trade differently so you can’t say yours is the only right way. Each to their own as long as you can come out on top and with a profit.