What to do on the weekend

What do people do when the market is shut on the weekend?

2 Likes

Hi, they spend the money they earn in a week :wink: for example, I check strategies, I do backtest. Regards Greg

5 Likes

Review the prior week, plan for the next week.
Review your journal.

Primarily- use the time to decompress. You will burn out if you don’t “step away”. This is why I prefer to trade equity derivatives- forces me to not over-trade or over-think things.

6 Likes

I agree with that. I’ve learned that journaling is key to understanding your mistakes.

But, yeah, do something fun to clear your head!

5 Likes

Normally I’m out. Now with lockdown I:

Read books about forex.
Review trades I took.
Backtest any strategies I come across.

4 Likes

I believe that the weekend should be used exclusively for recreation. At least that’s the right thing to do.

3 Likes

yes i keep a journal as well. well thanks to you dushimes, the journal is going great haha

4 Likes

Trade cryptos :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Review your weeks trading, don’t spend too long, look at what’s coming up next week and could affect the markets, personally I use Forex Factory, again don’t too long, if like me you sit in a business waiting for the next customer, fill out your time responding to posts and threads in the forum. LOL
Seriously chill out to the sessions open and start trading.

4 Likes

As for me, the best occupation for the weekend is rest. I advise you to choose this particular option.

2 Likes

I dont think you can say it’s the right thing or wrong thing to do. But if you want to keep improving recreation or rest for the whole weekend is not recommended. Any successful person works on their craft on the weekend too. If you find yourself not reaching any target it may be you aren’t working on it for long enough.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree with you if there is work that is necessary to achieve the goal - it must be done. But after all, you should definitely not forget about rest.

3 Likes

thank you profesor pips, i love the work youre doing keep doing what youre doing

1 Like

thank you very much forexunlimited, ive just started my trading journey as ive only just stared to tade with real capital, it helping me alot and im learing from my mistakes already :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you tradeforex077, have you got any books on the psychology of trading that you would recomend?

1 Like

thanky you very much salaoyul

1 Like

thank you treeny, i more invest into crypto as i use it for long term

1 Like

thank you Xocai02E thats very helpful, its taken me awhile to reply to all these messages loll

1 Like

thank you very much maxpov

1 Like

That’s ok mate, my grammar seems to have gone out the window, but seriously find time to chill, otherwise fx can become all encompassing and next you know your on the computer 16 hours a day.
In the beginning reward yourself with time and use it wisely to learn, then reward yourself with earnings and that will allow you time to chill and do other things.

2 Likes