What to trade from 6pm to 11pm UK Time (beginner)

Hello to everybody! Your advice on what you would suggest to someone with my degree of inexperience who works a full-time job would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I’d welcome any advice you can give regarding what trading pairs, indexes, or even commodities I should choose to start off on the right foot. The plan is to begin backtesting and gear up for a funded account challenge in the coming few months. For this challenge I´d have to trade everyday of the week which makes it even more challenging.

Thank you,

Alex

Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you’ll be trading in the New York session. Maybe just monitor what the major pairs are doing in that session. You can also check the Market Milk section on here to see what going down:

FX Market Snapshot by MarketMilk™ (babypips.com)

1 Like

trading anything much in the UK between about 9,30pm and 11.00pm isn’t going to be very easy, really

i appreciate that you’re probably trying to fit in trading commitments around a full-time job(?) but honestly, if you can ever manage it, the hour between 7.00 and 8.00am would usually have far more opportunities than the late evening

you’ll be ok between 6.00 and 9.00pm, though, as America is still fully open, then

almost all major forex pairs get most of their action during the first couple of hours of the European and then the US sessions (even things like the AUD and the JPY, contrary to what you might expect, because the location of the trading activities is actually more significant, overall, than the “home-locations” of the currencies involved) - it’s slightly counterintuitive, perhaps, but it is what it is

1 Like

From 6pm to 11pm UK time, the Asian trading session and the beginning of the US trading session :wink:, which can provide opportunities to trade currency pairs such as USD/JPY, AUD/USD, and NZD/USD. The USD/JPY pair (my favorite one) is particularly active during this time, as both the US and Japanese markets are open!
Best luck Alex!

Hi Alex

My best advice will be try to understand the currency pair you want to trade.

If you trade a pair with your country’s currency, your chances of understanding how the price of the pair fluctuates might be higher.

You will know what is going on and might even be able to know where the currency is heading etc

er … not so much! the US trading session begins at 1.00pm UK time and has ended long before 11.00pm UK time, as mentioned above

apologies if i seem argumentative (not my intention!) but actually the US and Japanese sessions don’t overlap at all

this will help to clarify it all, i hope:- :slight_smile:

Actually you are argumantive as far as I followed different topics :grinning: but here you are completely right! I made a mistake! I checked first time zone on UK time and the next one to my time zone :upside_down_face:
Thanks for your clarification :wink:
By the way Flamingo, what do you do? How experienced are you? why are you too aggressive? Why don’t you just help with a smile? Why you do not help like other old members (such as Greg and Tommor) and you just correct others! I am really upset about you and the way you talk :slight_smile: Thank you btw…

1 Like

also Alex think about day trading can be up to a 24 hours trade.

I am located in Scandinavia, i sometimes enter a trade in Asia session and let it run through London session and into New York Session and i use one of these options below to enter a trade if i not am online for some reason.

sell stop order
buy stop order

sell limit order
buy limit order

Maybe i am wrong here, but most people you talk with here are located in USA so they not trade in Asia or London Session because they sleep when Asian session are running and London session open :sweat_smile: :+1:

But that said, do your analysis and trade from 1 hour time frame or below that depending on what your strategy is, if you open a trade in Asian session and just let the trade ride the wave from East to West :slightly_smiling_face: