What trading platform do you prefer and why?

I am using the xStation 3 by which I can manage my entire portfolio from a single account "
and I have the Reuters news updated all the time, these guys have nailed it with this platform"
Live market linked news feed direct from Reuters and Dow Jones
Squawk box - live trading announcements, never miss a story and many more… I personally recommend xStation 3 …:8:

I use Oanda’s fxTrade platform. it allows me to trade on my work PC and home PC without installing any software, as it can be web browser based (well provided you have Java installed). It also gives me the ability to trade with a very minimal amount (I started with 100usd) while being able to trade at a preferred risk (I only trade 1%) exactly as you trade not in lots but in terms of units.

Does anybody else have experience with fxTrade? How does it compare to other platforms?

I was able to try MT4, but like what I have said, it still doesn’t allow me to trade at my preffered % risk with the amount of budget I have.

MT4 is quite easy to use and navigate for me.
Also got an MT4 multi terminal for multiple account management.
GRIX

Doesn’t anyone use the ActFX platform?? I personally find it very intuitive; far more so than MT4. I’m however currently using FXCM’s Trading Station II as they don’t offer the ActFX platform :expressionless:

Of course MT4 is the best, especially for auto trading I think. you cant find so many scripts, robots and ea’s for any other platform…

i am using zulutrade - to copy the trades of other professional traders…works pretty much fine with little time and account !

Hi Bashy,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You mentioned that you’re currently using the FXCM Trading Station. Was there a particular feature you were looking for that you could not find on the platform?

Jason

Hey bashy85.

ActForex’s trading platform is great. Agreed. It’s gone through a MAJOR overhaul over the past few years but even the very first versions were great. Problem is though: I’ve yet to find a reputable broker that offers ActForex’s trading platform (my experience with ActForex’s trading platform some very many years ago: great platform but “thieving lowlife proved-to-be-scam-artist bucketshop broker”)!!! LOL!!!

I think the point I’m trying to make is that “a wonderful trading platform doth not a reputable broker make”. Never forget that. And while MetaTrader is easy to use etc. it does not simply follow that it’s the best trading platform. Then again: for FOREX does it really matter???

Thread topic:

“What trading platform do you prefer and why?”

Delta Trading 6. Why??? Well: “that would be telling”!!! If I gave you a list of reasons as to why it’s my preference (and why it’s “the best”) well, then, this post would get reported and deleted and you’d never get to read it!!! LOL!!! But go on. “Be a sport” and try it out. Then “tell your friends”!!! LOL!!!

And Jason: when did YOU become an “analyst”??? Are you SURE you want that word in your “title”??? You’ve heard the jokes … (Just joking with you).

Regards,

Dale.

I prefer the platforms more geared towards automated trading: MultiCharts, TradeStation, NinjaTrader, cAlgo. :slight_smile:

web platforms cannot execute well - especially for manual trading. i am having a live account with tradency (which is supposedly very good one and results are tragic lagging time and all) …go better and open an account with zulutrade and let the professionals do the work for you.

I agree that most of web platforms don’t have speed in execution. Eddy Mo, what do you like in mirror trader the most?

I like the most that i am being automatic and free at the same time - that i can get profit and trade the market without being hooked 24/5 on my pc. But the most that i like is the liquidity - i can describe it as easy earned and accessed account. :47:

what about you friend? what do you like the most about mirror trading?

Frankly speaking I haven’t tried mirror trader yet( I trade only manually. For now I’m a little bit afraid of such services.

ya know i’m in the minority who HATE using MT4. i found it to be very unintuitive. i use JForex (Dukas) and even from day one i have found it to be very clear, clean, intuitive, with all the charting features / functions that i need. i only once glanced through the manual and kept saying “yup, that’s how i would expect to do it, yup that’s simple, ok, clear, etc”

it just never gets in my way and doesn’t overcomplicate my life :slight_smile:

I don’t think that you are in minority:)

why are you afraid of the services? Zulutrade for example is NFA registered - meaning monitored!

It’s just I used to rely on my own knowledge, deeds, ect. Then I know that I’m guilty. I don’t like to copy anybody else trades.

That’s the difference between you and I, my fellah, I am not a professional trader, nor I will ever become one…i have no idea about indicators or about all this support and resistance tech stuff. Or i have the time to do sit down and learn it all - here i mean practise which doesnt come without losses, unfortunately. So for me zulutrade is an alternative to all of ther above. It gets me money, they get to trade - everybody is happy.

I am not a professional trader. I’m only learning. I think that all that indicators, resistance levels, are not so important. all you have to do is to practice in order to feel the market, to feel the price. only in such a way you are learning.sure, you must know theory, understand it. I’m not against such servises as Zulu trade, if people earn money and it’s not a fraud then they have to be present.

exactly! services like this should exist to cover the market niches, of course, cant speak about the rest, but zulutrade is totally legit it is NFA registered, the brokers the are either EU,or USA (whatever s left of those that accept US clients) or other reqistrations…anyhow the market is big enough for all to make money of, if you are smart enough of course.