What trading platform do you use?

Hi there :wave:t4: Hope all is well!

I’m just starting out learning about FX.
Do you guys have any suggestions on which platform i should make an account with to start (demo) trading?

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Personally I use Pepperstone, purely because they are a regulated broker in my Country. Not saying they are the best… they are probably not but I have had no issues yet.
If you do a search on this page I am sure you will see alot of reputable brokers suggested.

Good luck!
Nate

1 Like

To be safe, I would suggest opening your account with a regulated broker like IBKR, Fxview or XTB. Although you’ll only be dealing with virtual money in a demo account, but still it is better to experience first hand the features of a good forex broker.
Happy trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest that would depend on your choice of investment and your trading strategy. I can give you my example here. I trade with Turnkey forex and Robinhood because I need low spreads for the multiple trades that I do on a single day. Elimination of slippage is another important thing for me. Being a scalper, I rate these two things high for making profits and therefore use those two brokers.

1 Like

generally traders choose their trading platform according to their trading understanding. when its a topic about trading platform , all credit goes to MT4 even though recently i have started with mt5.

1 Like

All i would say is Dwell on your own research rather than blindly following the herd.
All the best to you!

1 Like

I use MT4 because I can use some professional trade execution robots written for MT4.

1 Like

I would suggest to first devise a trading strategy and then select an established broker that allows your style of trading.

I think most of us use MT4 or MT5 for the trading platforms

Mt4 and mt5 is most common with here, comes with lots of flexibility and options. Also, most successful EAs and custom indicators are built on these platforms.

There are many forex related websites which gives broker reviews on their sites. You can follow them to find the best platform to start learning on the demo account

Desktop based trading platform is the fastest of all the three platforms and is suited to professional traders who want to place quick orders. You can place orders with the help of shortcut keys in a desktop-based trading platform. The trading software is in the form of exe.files that you can install on your PC or laptop. LMFX is launching the most popular desktop trading platform worldwide within your web browsers. Trade from any web browser safe in the knowledge that you will receive the same high performance, effectiveness, reliability and security as your desk top application.

As clear by the discussion, MT4 is the most commonly used platform, even I am using the same with Turnkey forex. Works fine for me

I have been using Meta trader4 since 2 years now simply because it is easy to use and convenient. I can easily add incators on that without any hassle

Although both MT4 & MT5 platforms are offered by Forexchief.com but I only use MT4. Their app has slippage free execution and allows you to use all the tools related to MT4 including stop-loss and pending orders.

It is always better to use Meta Trader 5, as it is an extension of Meta Trader 4 and crypto currency can only be traded at MT5. So, it is always better to go ahead with the extended version.

I have never heard of these brokers. Which country are you from? :open_mouth:

Are you looking for a forex broker or preferred trading platform to trade?

i personally prefer using MT4. It is user friendly.

It is always better to start with the Demo account to get comfortable with the trading. Than you can move on to the Live account. Also, MT4 is an easy way to start trading, unless you specifically have interest in cryptos, than you can shift to MT5. Cryptos can only be traded on MT5.