What was your worst draw-down on a successful strategy?

I’m curios to hear others stories. What was your worst losing streak on a successful strategy you use? How did you come back from it also?

For example:

if you had 9 losses in a row with 1% risk each, so 9% in losses.

Then for a ideal recovery:

You use a 1:2 risk reward ratio, and get 4 wins in a row after that string of losses, you gain 8%, making those loses only 1%.

I use a basic breakout strategy that is based off of support/resistance, trend and a 200 ema.

My largest drawdown so far was about 5 losses in a row. But on average i win 45-50% of the time, with a 1:2.25 risk reward ratio. So while i may not win 4 in a row right after losing 5 in a row, on an average month, i’ll still end in profit even with that drawdown.

Just curios to hear others stories on it!

The more trades you make the longer will be losing and winning streaks. This is because how probability works (see infinite monkey theorem). From about 1200 trades the longest losing streak I had is 14 trades.

Also, if we get 9 losses in a row with relative percent stop loss (like 1% of equity per trade) total loss will be lower than 9%, because 1% of 100% is 1%, but 1% from the equity after first loss (99%) is 0.99%, equity after second losing trade will be 0.9801%, etc.