What will you do?

What will you do in this situation?

1 Like

If I was short I’d almost definitely bank the profits and wait for the dust to settle.

1 Like

same here - i would definitely close a short position and await developments

Remember, it is automatic trading

So, can I do anything, or only certain things?

you can do anything

i don’t quite understand, Greg - why do i have decisions to make, if it’s all automated?

that’s right, you don’t have to do anything. Many traders do “something”, close part, whole position , shift TP price target even they have proof of profit just because of feelings

Don’t touch your trades if you have quality strategies

2 Likes

Sounds interesting. Wait until the price hits the TP and move SL gradually, actually you don’t have another option, I guess. If you want you can close it right now, however, I guess you have already made a decision as I see it was in the previous month.
I’d wait for TP, lol, no other options.

it is easy to judge after situation :wink:

Ya it depends on the system and my overall perception of where I think the pair is going. That drop maybe to build liquidity and the overall sentiment is buy pound. On a 1hr time frame hard to tell. If it’s sell then I wait for a pull back instead of trying to catch the falling knife.

If I’m in the trade and selling then I’ve already located my TP and usually I just let it hit. However I watch the market because usually there’s a pull back before I hit. If the finance fees are too much I might pull out to save profits. If I’m in a buy situation for this, I planned it and I’m using mean reversion and risk management to have a bigger payday down the road.

Good question! I think most people don’t have a game plan period and let emotions drive the action.