What works for you guys

What works for you guys in technical analysis? What seems to be reliable and what doesn’t seem to be reliable?

I make the most money using single-bar scalping on the 5-minute chart. I trade only the majors. I use only price action patterns with no indicators, not even moving averages.

Also, I average 10-15 trades per session (about 4-4.5 hours). As a true scalper, my risk is often three times my reward. However, if I see a decent swing setup (1:2 RR), I’ll take it.

Here are a few chart examples. The green line represents entries at the market, the red line is my stop loss, and the blue line is where I took profit. The shaded area highlights the trade.

GU 5-minute scalp

EU 5-minute scalp

UJ 5-minute scalp

My current win-rate is right at 80 percent, which is the minimum for scalping long-term.

As always, I welcome respectful comments and questions. thanks.

6 Likes

Trends are reliable. That’s all I can say really. If you’ve seen what I’ve written before you already knew I was going to say this. That would be quite reliable.

3 Likes

yes it is, agree with your terms.

I simply use a set of indicators depending on the needs of the strategy. I suggest revising what your broker is offering as add-ons to the platform. But avoid downloading tools with free access in the internet, especially advisors. I’ve a friend who got problems using it that resulted in losses.

actually there is no certain issue in this market place , all is for short time issue , nothing without it.

the price itself is 100% reliable,make good use of it.

1 Like

What works best for me is reading price action charts as well as following some confirmatory indicators. Calculating the pivot point of each day’s trades also helps to analyse a regular trend in the market.

Trends work really well for me. However, you should try different methods and see what works the best for you. What works for you may not work for me.

Supply and Demand trading
Best way makes the most sense to me and there’s plenty of materials here about it :grinning:

1 Like

Honestly, Day Trading works the best for me but different strategies work for different traders. See what works for you and test everything.

Trends work well for me. I also follow some indicators and read price action charts. Every trader has their own trading strategy and style and you must test & try different methods to figure out what works the best for you.

I follow simple price action for my trades. Recently I started using the Fibonacci Retracement tool which looks like a reliable indicator so far.

Moving average and the v occasional candle-stick pattern (cup bottom or whatever it’s called). People go on about the RSI - I find it unreliabe - the monthly RSI chart for Lloyds was oversold for an entire year during the 2007 recession…

Well, I am not George Soros or Paul Tudor to have such a high level of expertise that I can rely on only one tool.
I prefer following both the charts of price actions, analysing them, making my own report, and then reassuring or seeing any difference with indicators. Also I use three different indicators - ATR, Bollinger Bands, and RSI.

Well, according to me- support/resistant levels are so much useful! On the other hand, I rely on Price Action trading for the technical analysis!

Using indicators along with price charts are the best. Yes, with an indicator you are getting a perfectly automated advice for the perfect direction in which you should proceed your trade. Along with that, I also personally prefer to use price action charts, because it gives an additional and in-depth information security.

For me, I prefer price actions over indicators.
When using indicators, either the result is or it is not above/below a specific amount. It simply implies a yes/no answer, meaning getting a “trade” or “no-trade” as an answer to using an indicator.
The problem I face with using indicators is that they typically trail price, so you’ll usually enter trades late. Additionally, some prefer using more than one indicator, but I noticed that utilising too many indicators might make it harder rather than easier to make decisions.

On the other hand, trading price alone has the benefit of enabling you to react to market events more quickly.

The only thing that keeps people away from using price action charts is that it is difficult to learn how to analyse these chart patterns.
But once you are done, it can be really helpful.

1 Like

I read price action charts and follow various indicators. Trends really benefit me.

Your style is exactly what I was aiming for, can I get some do’s and don’ts from you? I’m a beginner, I started off well on demo, checked out 2 or 3 platforms. I finally decided to make a live account but still demo on it, but now I’m not doing so hot…And I think the ask/bid price is seriously high for this particular brokerage. Meaning I can’t do single bars anymore. That’s where I am. A few do’s and don’ts would be nice, since your style is what aligns with mine. thanx in advance!