What would convince you to be a mentor?

Some let you try for 1-2 months, so they can collect the money from the lucky part of the customers.
Nobody let you try for one year, that would be significant.
Sell a “method” to 100 students, after 1 month 50 are in profit, you give back the money to the other 50 and you still pocket 50 fees, you can only win, this is the Grail, not trading but selling digital content, there are no costs.

3 Likes

So you guys are saying that ICT should be giving out free signals? And if he doesnt…then hes a scammer? Come on mahn.

Hi my name is Rafra … I have came across those kind of people I asked them startup guidelines of fx…can’t believe even for guidelines they charge…

1 Like

I think the thread is getting pulled all over the place.

If the mentor says his signals are profitable and he is legit then why would he not give one month free and let everyone pay for the following month with the profits. If he doesnt do that then there is a chance he is a scammer. Not hes definitely one but the lack of transparency is a red flag. At that point everyone has to make their own decision of whether they want to spend their hard earned cash on him.

If you’re talking about ICT who was here years ago and to prove his method he opened a myfxbook and then went onto blow it…lol then yes he should definitely be providing some proof of his claims.

If you mean someone else, then to prove they are the real deal, we can ask them for a free trial. If it works, it works. If it doesnt then the decision comes down to the person.

Overall I would say anyone who comes to babypips advertising they have a paid mentorship is unreliable and a scammer. Because this website is clearly free and full of people who share free information. So why would you come here in the first place? If someone personally asks you to teach them and for your time you want to charge that’s fine but dont advertise it here. And if you do, expect someone to ask for a free trial :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I personally would not like to be someone’s mentor. I do not mind sharing some of my knowledge and experience with traders. However, I would not take responsibility of trading on live account on someone’s behalf. Trading is tough business. There is no point of making it tougher.

1 Like

@tradeforex077

Ok to be fair I can see theres been alot of contoversy previously on ICT but Ive not read into it so it so couldnt really comment, I for one dont believe hes a scammer, and speak to several of his students that have been through his mentorship, use his concepts, and trade profitably. I also use ICTs concepts and am part of a community that uses them aswell. But I do appreciate that its a personal opinion.

But I also believe the whole “scammer” thing has been overblown, and I think theres a lot less scammers than people actually assume. And that the use of the word “mentor” or “mentorship” on babypips has been tarnished up to the point where it would be impossible to start a “mentor” thread without the word “scammer” being used multiple times.

Personally I dont see a problem with offering paid training and babypips should serve as a good resource pool for finding them among other services, to be fair though keeping it to the “commercial” section would help. Plus asking a question on a babypips thread can only get you so far, as people only have so much free time they can allocate. Plus most of the basic questions can be answered in the pipsology school anyway.

2 Likes

100% agree with you here. But I err on the side of caution because I feel sorry for every post i see where someone has been scammed or paid for candlestick patterns which is free on babypips. You can start a mentor thread but if it’s being used to suck people in so to charge them later then from what I’ve seen this is not what this site is about.

For that we need full transparency. I wouldnt want babypips to be known for making scammers money by sending unsuspecting beginner traders to them. The way to prove it’s legit is at minimum provide a free trial so you can see does it fit your personality, do you like the way they teach, the way they trade. I dont agree with having to pay, just to later on realise you dont like the trading style or it’s not profitable.

Or as already being done someone just starts a thread and you get lots of opinions.

3 Likes

Imagine attacking someone over and over with something as subjective as one’s own red flags?

The system he describes is anything but a scam. It’s obviously a way to filter folks who are willing to learn as opposed to those looking for handouts.

Maybe when you stop feeling so outraged at something that was never personally directed at you, it’ll start making sense.

I said it’s a way scammers get money out of people. Later on they realise they paid for material that is free on babypips course. So being wary is a good thing. It’s a free website, people come here for free handouts. So why come here to charge for teaching? It didnt make sense to me.

My red flags may be subjective but they are built from other peoples bad experiences. When I hear lots of different ways people get scammed it then becomes a red flag. If other people took the time to do this too they wouldn’t get scammed.

If you want a mentorship then you can pay him. But dont come back here and start a thread saying ‘I’ve been scammed…’

I wouldnt say there was anything wrong with pointing out a scam to others as this would help catch them out. And the “ive been scammed” threads are probably quite usefull for that. Im more on about the reverse of almost blanketing every vendor as a potential scammer. Plus there are scammers in all walks of life and its up to each “individual” to do there own due diligence.

Plus if people are paying for stuff thats free like on babypips, then they should maybe be questioning there own logic rather than the ethics of someone else. Theres always going to be opportunists in every walk of life, but individuals need to be smart enough to avoid them.
But fear mongerings not the answer.

The Lonely Island song “YOLO” comes to mind :joy:

1 Like

You just downright publicly harassed and accused someone of scamming. Where’s the proof?

There’s mention of teaching a group of people. There was no mention of whether they were solicited. For all you know they could be friends, colleagues or family. You decided to assume he was using babypips to solicit newbies. Proof he’s using babypips to solicit newbies?

Forex trading is a type of Business that needs to be learned by us by a method of Self learning to be able to earn the Profits on a consistent basis.

1 Like

That’s not enough justification to go on a jihadi crusade and accuse folks who give it as a service of scamming.

That was a reply to something he said that I’ve heard a lot of scammers say. They dont want anyone to question them so they can quietly take peoples money. I don’t need to provide proof as I’m not here saying I’m selling anything.

This is a free website and community. Why would someone advertise a paid mentorship where everything is provided for free? It doesnt make sense. Therefore I assumed hes here to solicit newbies. He can always prove me wrong and I’ll accept if I’m wrong. I cant assume every new person here selling mentorship is legit because you’ll find you’ll get scammed more often than not. Need to have some way to filter them.

I’m surprised you’re asking me to prove it. Because of you is why people get scammed out of thousands. By the time everyone finds out it’s too late. Take for eg justforex broker. It’s not regulated which is a red flag for me but if you answered you would need proof. Well the proof is in when they closed a whole load of accounts and stole peoples money. Happens again and again but people like you just let it happen.

No proof = No scam. You’re harassment is based on blind speculation. If you accuse someone of something that downright malicious the burden of proving it falls on you. Otherwise you’re just as extreme as some jihadi extremist.

There was no advertisement. I see someone answering the OPs question to the point and narrating why he did it in atleast or two instances. There’s no solicitation or advertisement here. That’s just your imagination.

Even if there is firm evidence of solitication that doesn’t translate to a scam on his part. Pretty scummy to stretch the facts as you see fit.

These filters and questions I ask are my due diligence. When they get defensive or cant answer that doesnt sit right with me. You can learn from others as theres a wealth of experience here then make your own decision. But no harm in taking in both sides. I do say that this is my opinion and things I look for. Someone else may say doesnt matter I’ll still go for it. That’s absolutely fine. But to try and stop people from giving their opinion and questioning people of their true intentions is not the right way for a community.

We should be allowed to give both sides and our opinions and then let others make their decision. No right or wrong answer, just a discussion.

2 Likes

But that’s what I’m saying that this is my opinion. For me, my personal views, red flags for me. Not for others. I openly say I am speculating and therefore asking more questions and then forming my decision. Lol it’s not harassment :joy::joy: I’m questioning things that dont make sense to me. You can make your own decisions. No problem with me.

Of course I assumed. I cant read his mind. That’s why I’m asking why you are here? to advertise? Think about it, he doesnt teach for free but hes on a free community. Doesnt make sense. So I have to ask and state what I’m thinking. I’m going by my experience.

By the time the proof is in, lots of people have been scammed. So I ask questions of things I’m looking for. If you’re looking for less then go for it. I’m not stopping you, I’m making my own decision.

1 Like

It is blatant harassment, when you target him and accuse him of something without proof. No scam here. Just stretching facts on your part.

How do you know he doesn’t or didn’t teach for free? He clearly narrated atleast one instance of teaching for free

Sounds to me like he tried teaching for free plenty of times.

Could it be that he just wants to be an active participant in the community like everyone else? That’s a more likely answer because these quotes were direct answers to your questions.

How many people has he scammed? Who were affected by it? How did he solicit them? Were they part of the babypips community?

1 Like

I know he doesnt teach for free now because I asked him and he said I only charge now. So i asked why are you here?

I didnt target him. Hes the only person who said they like teaching but now charge. Anyone else, I wouldve asked them a few questions too. If you note, most others said if they were asked to teach they would be happy to do it for free.

I think you’re trying to force your opinion on me. I’ve already expressed my opinions and why. I’ve used my experience of what I’ve seen, heard and read and formed my view. His lack of transparency is a red flag for me. He doesnt teach for free but is here on babypips to show something. Time will tell what he wants to show.

If you are happy with his answers then that’s fine. Give your opinion and why. You wont be able to change my views. I need to see more before I rule out a scam.

No, you were forcing your opinion on him. I’m only asking you to prove your accusation of him scamming. You’re the one claiming he’s an established scammer. Then you should clearly be able to answer:

• How many people has he scammed?
  • Who were affected by it?
  • How did he solicit them?
  • Were they part of the babypips community?

Guilty till proven innocent. There’s a even a term for this in wikipedia btw. Internet Vigilantism is the act of carrying out vigilante activities through the Internet. The term encompasses vigilantism against alleged scams, crimes, and non-Internet related behavior.

1 Like