What would you do differently today for better trading results?

I do not do new things every now and then for better trading. Yes keep continuing my learning. But for practical applying, I do it once market condition is changed. Right now I am studying volume spreads analysis. It seems really interesting.

The focus of this thread is to encourage members to share what they learnt recently or are learning to become better traders. It’s not about doing things differently every time. What have you learnt recently that has improved your trading?

Trade safe and prosper.

Sounds good - which page of babypips ?

I learned that even though the market is winding down for the holidays it’s still a good idea to take a look now and then because I may notice a suitable trading signal. I am generally skeptical about trading a lot during this time of the year, but occasionally there are good opportunities.

This is good idea to start trading with safe trading low risk, almost mistake many newbie especially they start trading with big lot size with expectation will obtained big profit at short time, but they don`t realized if actually the market is very cruel and no mercy

Different people have different trading approaches, as long as they work for them they’re fine. However, I, personally, prefer lower risk when I trade.

Moving on to what we learned recently or during the week. What could you share with fellow traders?

Trade safe and prosper.

At the time being, I have no complaints about trading, which is why I haven’t done anything to improve it. Although to be honest, it’s bad, I shouldn’t hinder my growth but develop further, search for new strategies.

A lesson that I forget every year: don’t trade during the holidays. Every year I try doing so when I should be resting and celebrating.

Ok so you have a trading model with some parameters (indicators, volatility, spreads data etc). You start to trade. See results. It shows good results on Asian session, but bad results during London session. You decide to not trading during London session.

Its a simple example. The question is are you apt to discovering losing patterns and attribute them to external factors which affect your results.

Not so obvious as you migh think

You should respect the purpose of this thread by posting what is relevant rather than spamming it. I may be forced to report you if you continue spamming this thread. If you are not learning anything new or you don’t want to share whatever you learnt with fellow members, you may read the posts here but stop spamming this thread.

Trade safe and prosper.

Happy New Year! I hope that in the new year we’ll learn even more than we learned during the last one.

1 Like

Thanks mate. I hope so too.

1 Like

Thank you!
As to my learning experience, today I learned, perhaps not for the first time, how important it is to always plan ahead and not to grow complacent.

In 2018 I resolve to always -

trade with every trend
pyramid every winner
scale out of every loser

I hope you stick with your resolutions.

Trade safe and prosper.

1 Like

Let me share with you one of the most important things I learned to do differently in 2017. I have seen much success using my weekly market analysis, including screening of the pairs on my watch list; which led to the choice of a few pairs to trade each week using my swing trading approach. This weekly analysis usually culminates in my developing a one-paragraph trade plan for each pair. But during the year 2017, I introduced the use of a checklist in addition to the trade plans. So, I have a trade plan, which gives me the when and how to trade scenarios that I had analysed; then before entering a trade, I would use my checklist to see that all my criteria for trade entry are met. This has led me to trading what can be seen as A+ grade trades and has kept me out of less viable ones. What about you? Is there anything that stuck out as a very important thing you learned in 2017? What are you doing differently to be a better trader? Share your experience and knowledge here with fellow forum members.

Trade safe and prosper.

I admit that using a checklist is not something that has ever occurred to me to do, but now that I think about it, it seems like a very sensible idea. It definitely helps with organization. I should try and implenent it too.

Checklists don’t do much for me. I try and understand who is in control, and look for opportunities when they may appear. The best thing I ever did was document my trades. Plans for me are simple, ( Buying higher low for higher high) I use a 3 to 1 risk reward as a rule and move my stops only when price has moved favorably in my intended direction.

When I document I then go back over my trades on a weekly basis. Highlighting my impulses, emotions and what would a perfect trade look like. Get it in your blood so when it’s time to dance, you’re dancing and not falling.

I also have limited my charts to two pairs. This gives me ample time to analyze, ponder and execute.

Good to know that your checklist is not documented but mental, in your mind. You eyeball opportunities when they appear and you also check 3:1 reward to risk ratio, may be by eyeballing.

Is there anything you have learned recently that you believe would help other forum members and would like to share on this thread with other traders?

Trade safe and prosper.