What's cooking?

One food that surprisingly has a variety for every meal: the beloved sausage!

I can’t believe there’s a sausage that has oatmeal in it!

This Korean sausage also struck my fancy.

1 Like

If you’re following government guidelines for food and health, watch this episode very carefully, as the industry and policy lies being exposed are triggering.

Calley Means has been advising politicians and prominent food and pharma companies and has founded his own company, TrueMed, to expose and change the food industries causing harm that the healthcare industry is profiting heavily.

The best thing for you to do right now is get as educated about the system you are part of as citizens, consumers, and patients of all parties involved in feeding yourself and your families. This conversation hits hard when you realize how inescapable all of this feels.

Calley shares from experience working with big food industries and losing his mother to a succession of foodborne illnesses that have everything to do with food that’s leading to cancer, Alzheimers, heart disease, obesity, autoimmune conditions,and depression.

Big Pharma Is Fooling You & Making Americans Sick! - Corrupt Companies & Toxic Food

1 Like

Healthcare is the fastest growing industry? Yikes!

There are plans in place, that people don’t have time to think about in their daily lives.

We have our food budget, go to the supermarket, eat what we can, get sick, go to the doctor and get some meds. We don’t see any problem.

But there’s a plan there.

We have to be aware of our surroundings, I guess.

imagen

Not to digress, but I’m not anti vaccines. It’s just a meme.

1 Like

The food industry helps them a lot

Nestle, Kellogg’s, and other big food conglomerates have been funding a massive misinformation campaign to make you think their foods are healthy.

Their goal is to get you addicted, and make billions in profits. It’s straight from Big Tobacco’s playbook — literally.

The Lie That Made Food Conglomerates Rich…And Is Slowly Poisoning Us

1 Like

If someone asks you to get the spatula, perhaps your response should be, ¨Which one?¨

1 Like

Some of us grew up observing the food guide pyramid.

It has evolved to a reference plate.
imagen

And now, there’s even a lifestyle pyramid. This pyramid is different because it puts grains, healthy fats, and fruits/vegetables at the same level.

2 Likes

So, you’ve got some extra money, you wanna upgrade your kitchen and install this beast.
A commercial-grade range!

Slow down, partner! Before you place the order, just think it through, first.

I didn’t expect this In Europe

Horse-meat mislabeled as beef. Honey diluted with cheap sugar syrups. Counterfeit extra-virgin olive oil. Food crime has become a multi-billion dollar industry, impacting everything from the most affordable to the most expensive ingredients. Approximately 10% of our consumed food is believed to be adulterated. “What we know for sure is that food fraud is growing exponentially and it’s more and more worrying,” states one consumer advocate.

Criminal syndicates have infiltrated the global food supply chain, eroding consumer trust in labels and the contents of their plates. In Italy, the mafia controls entire sectors of the food industry, while worldwide, well-organized criminal networks collaborate to exploit intricate supply chains. Scams vary from intentionally mislabeling inferior products as premium items to substituting one foodstuff for something entirely different. The profits are staggering. But what risks does this pose to consumers? How can we detect food fraud? And what measures can be taken to halt it?

Eating Lies: The Alarming Truth Behind Food Industries

1 Like

I’d hate to spend $12 on a bottle of extra-virgen, then find out it’s actually a blend with corn oil.

The sad part is that I would never know. How about spending double the money on organic apples, only to find out that the farmer was putting ¨organic¨ stickers on conventional apples?

Is it only big farms that would do this? How about small local farmers?

@SmallPaul How can you know what you’re getting?

@Mondeoman @tommor Any ideas?

1 Like

The big retail food chains have food labs and compliance teams who check the origins and content of all their stock. Things don’t often go wrong but when they do, it’s big news - it affects a lot of people compared to a local grocer. But has the local grocer got a food lab and a compliance team?

2 Likes

So, does that make the local grocer’s suppliers more or less likely to break the rules?

Do smaller farms/producers break the rules less often because they have less resources to get away with it? Or are they just as likely to break the rules because no one would suspect the ¨little guy¨?

I used to subscribe to a spring water delivery service. The tap water has a chlorine-ish taste/smell.

Then one day, I didn’t know if my mind was playing tricks on me or not, but I thought the delivery service’s water has a taste similar to the tap water. It made me wonder, what if they added 20% tap water to the spring water to save money? How could I know the difference?

2 Likes

My guess is that it would actually cost them more to do that than not do it. (But I take your general point anyway).

1 Like

Most businesses would rather go bust than cheat with their customers’ food - because if they got caught they could easily go bust anyway.

But where are no checks by regulators or journalists… who knows what goes on?

1 Like

Most countries have food regulations and inspectors, but they don’t inspect enough of the product to catch fraud in time.

1 Like

We have already been ruined by food lobbyists.

Corrupt Food Industry - Lobbying Against Health - Meat Consumption

In 2015, the WHO listed one of the additives in processed meats as carcinogenic. That same additive was nearly banned in America in the 1970s – until lobbying from the meat industry discredited the scientists. We reveal how, to impede or halt regulations on certain additives, lobbyists have been working in the shadows for decades.

At the heart of this strategy are the scientists who collaborate, who receive generous compensation for studies that promote meat consumption. In conjunction with this, those whose work finds health risks associated with meat are ‘shot down

1 Like

Right, they’re usually a few steps behind.

Assuming the corruption isn’t at the top, this system works. But then you’d have to wait for a whistleblower, or April O’Neil to come snooping around your favourite commercial meat provider. By then, you’ve been tricked into thinking your meat was organic/grass/fed for the last five years.

When you watch these videos, you realise how hard it is to escape it. The only real solution is to raise your own livestock and grow your own food. Not impossible, but impractical for most. So what do you do?

Perhaps, there’s NOTHING you can do. I think the only thing you can do is just do the best you can to eat healthy. That’s all.

@SmallPaul @tommor @Mondeoman @Paul_J7 What do you guys think?

1 Like

90% of food is unhealthy because of additives and who knows what else, Most people can’t afford to eat organically, we are just stuck.

1 Like

Weird History Food is gonna get your palate banned. Food is one of those things that immediately sets one country apart from another, and edible items or practices taken for granted in one country may in fact be banned somewhere else.

American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries

1 Like

Isn’t it strange how eating healthy is the more expensive option? Forget organic–just eating healthy is expensive. Fruit, veggies, potatoes for just one person is a lot. Imagine a family of five!

1 Like

A few things.
1 get everything on the blockchain. It is not unimaginable that every single items that will ever exist in the future will be a Non-Fungible Token, and have its description details recorded as a layer 2 “contract” associated with its unique blockchain ID. I expect this to happen in the medical world (after the financial world) and slowly trickle down to everything manufactured. Perhaps in as little as 10 years from now.
2 Make a personal wellness plan. My internal reference is “job 309 Wellness” and is in phase 2 development after the first five years. Just like a trading plan, it itemises the top ten risks to my personal health, with an action plan to address each of those top ten risks. I thought 10 would be more than enough. I have already identified 12 - the last two will be title only, no action on those until I have finished the first 10. Top of the list is Atrial Fibrillation, which I have had for seven years. Phase 1 since 2017 has concentrated on measurement of walking, weight, blood pressure and heart rate. I feel healthier than for the past seven years, mainly due to attention to diet, and mostly due to consciously not eating food for 16 hours per day (just water or herbal tea).
3 Put happiness at the top of your agenda, not money. Easy to say for someone who has lived more than 75% of his expected lifespan, but after my wife of 33 years passed away last year, I spend an awful lot more time resting and contemplating (mindfulness, consciousness, meditation) than I ever did before.
4 Spend less time being concerned about world events you cannot control, and more time on helping anyone close to you to be more happy, starting with yourself. Those who give of their own free will already know this is the quickest way to get yourself happy. Those who don’t can learn that this is not about money. For some people, just the action of spending ten minutes talking to somebody every week is more than enough happiness for somebody who has few friends or whose loved ones are always too busy to call them and ask them how they are.

There are many other thoughts, but the above reflect a lot of what I have done, consciously, over the past year.
:pray: :pray:

2 Likes