What's cooking?

Right, they’re usually a few steps behind.

Assuming the corruption isn’t at the top, this system works. But then you’d have to wait for a whistleblower, or April O’Neil to come snooping around your favourite commercial meat provider. By then, you’ve been tricked into thinking your meat was organic/grass/fed for the last five years.

When you watch these videos, you realise how hard it is to escape it. The only real solution is to raise your own livestock and grow your own food. Not impossible, but impractical for most. So what do you do?

Perhaps, there’s NOTHING you can do. I think the only thing you can do is just do the best you can to eat healthy. That’s all.

@SmallPaul @tommor @Mondeoman @Paul_J7 What do you guys think?

1 Like

90% of food is unhealthy because of additives and who knows what else, Most people can’t afford to eat organically, we are just stuck.

1 Like

Weird History Food is gonna get your palate banned. Food is one of those things that immediately sets one country apart from another, and edible items or practices taken for granted in one country may in fact be banned somewhere else.

American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries

1 Like

Isn’t it strange how eating healthy is the more expensive option? Forget organic–just eating healthy is expensive. Fruit, veggies, potatoes for just one person is a lot. Imagine a family of five!

1 Like

A few things.
1 get everything on the blockchain. It is not unimaginable that every single items that will ever exist in the future will be a Non-Fungible Token, and have its description details recorded as a layer 2 “contract” associated with its unique blockchain ID. I expect this to happen in the medical world (after the financial world) and slowly trickle down to everything manufactured. Perhaps in as little as 10 years from now.
2 Make a personal wellness plan. My internal reference is “job 309 Wellness” and is in phase 2 development after the first five years. Just like a trading plan, it itemises the top ten risks to my personal health, with an action plan to address each of those top ten risks. I thought 10 would be more than enough. I have already identified 12 - the last two will be title only, no action on those until I have finished the first 10. Top of the list is Atrial Fibrillation, which I have had for seven years. Phase 1 since 2017 has concentrated on measurement of walking, weight, blood pressure and heart rate. I feel healthier than for the past seven years, mainly due to attention to diet, and mostly due to consciously not eating food for 16 hours per day (just water or herbal tea).
3 Put happiness at the top of your agenda, not money. Easy to say for someone who has lived more than 75% of his expected lifespan, but after my wife of 33 years passed away last year, I spend an awful lot more time resting and contemplating (mindfulness, consciousness, meditation) than I ever did before.
4 Spend less time being concerned about world events you cannot control, and more time on helping anyone close to you to be more happy, starting with yourself. Those who give of their own free will already know this is the quickest way to get yourself happy. Those who don’t can learn that this is not about money. For some people, just the action of spending ten minutes talking to somebody every week is more than enough happiness for somebody who has few friends or whose loved ones are always too busy to call them and ask them how they are.

There are many other thoughts, but the above reflect a lot of what I have done, consciously, over the past year.
:pray: :pray:

2 Likes

This part is my favourite. No point worrying about things you can’t change, right? Just do the best you can with what you have, and let everything else go–accept it as it is.

For example:

I can’t control if organic beef is mislabeled, but I can eat less Skittles and stop drinking soda.

1 Like

I Concur on 2-4, The first one I have to see how it plays out.

1 Like

Prepping a bug out bag?

I got some gatorade the other day, and I started reading the label while drinking it. When I finished the first bottle of the 4-pack, I thought about this post, the blue color in what I had just drank, the amount of sugar in it, and I poured the remaining three bottles down the drain. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Food companies in the U.S. are able to make a healthy product, but will ruin it with unhealthy additives, an additive that isn’t necessary for the product

1 Like

The Plant Based Taco Scene in LA

No meat? No problem. Paco explores the plant based taco scene in Los Angeles

1 Like

Those tacos better be cheaper than the ones with meat!

1 Like

Lmao, I hear you, but vegan food is usually more expensive than non-vegan food

1 Like

That reminds me of an article I once read regarding the paleo diet. The paleo diet is based on the diet of Stone Age humans…something like that. It was quite a popular trend at the time.

The article criticized the diet for focusing on an extinct diet, all while so many healthy foods are available today. The author’s point was that the diet was arrogant.

Vegan food reminds me of that author’s point. Then again, I suppose vegan is based on different reasons.

1 Like

2 Chainz Eats a $295 Burger

The bun is dusted with 24K gold and it once held the title of most expensive burger in the world.

1 Like

Oh god. What fool turns wagyu beef into a burger?!

Just because you can, it doesn’t mean you should.

It would’ve been hilarious to see him take a bite, and the meat patty falls out onto the floor.

Very nice that they’re doing charity work.

1 Like

The bison is on my bucket list

How to Butcher a Bison

1 Like

Damn those are some huge ribs!!! The tomahawks must be hearty.

1 Like

What a great link. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

In some countries, it’s common to just have coffee and toast. Some breakfasts are really light. I fail to grasp how such a breakfast can be satisfying.

Some individuals’ stomachs aren’t ready to eat so early. That I can understand. But I’ve heard of some places where culturally, breakfast is light–it’s beyond me.

And a bowl of cold cereal is not enough either. That’s just sugar. When I think of breakfast, I think of hot cereal that sticks to the bones: oatmeal, cream of wheat, corn meal, etc. Mmmmm

1 Like