What's cooking?

Also, here are two easy recipes:

And one photo from me

1 Like

hahahah I really don’t know if it was fake or not. I’m just gonna assume it was.

It could have been rice that was inside the intestines.

Some countries clean the intestines, stuff them with rice and whatnot, then cook it. That might be what was in in the video. Who knows?

1 Like

I like that the pide recipe is not just for the topping, but for the dough as well.

And that lentil recipe really does look easy.

Thanks!

1 Like

Whoa! You’ve been there?! Ok, two questions:
1- What did you like/dislike?
2-Would you go again?

Ingesting large amounts of food in a short period of time is never a good idea.

Competitive eater Takeru Kobayashi feels body is ‘broken,’ retires due to health issues

Japanese competitive eater Takeru Kobayashi, the six-time Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest champion, has announced his retirement from the sport due to rising health concerns.

“I’ve decided to retire from competitive eating. It’s all I’ve done for the last 20 years,” Kobayashi, 46, announced in Netflix’s “Hack Your Health - The Secrets of Your Gut,” a documentary film that explores how food, the digestive system and gut health relates to overall well-being.

Kobayashi said decades of overeating for sport has left him with no appetite or no sensation of fullness, which his wife Maggie James said has caused Kobayashi to go days without eating anything at all.

James said her husband feels his body is “broken.”

“I hear people say they’re hungry, and they look very happy after they’ve eaten. I’m jealous of those people because I no longer feel hunger,” Kobayashi said in the documentary. “I hope to live a long and healthy life.”

Takeru Kobayashi: ‘I’ve eaten 10,000 hot dogs’ in career

Kobayashi jumpstarted his career in 2000 during an appearance on the Japanese variety show “TV Champion,” where he consumed 16 bowls of ramen in one hour. He set a world record at the 2001 Nathan’s Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest, held annually on July 4, by eating 50 hot dogs in 12 minutes. (The previous record at the time was 25⅛ hot dogs). He won the Mustard Yellow Belt six consecutive years from 2001 to 2006.

“I’m sure that I’ve eaten 10,000 hot dogs since the beginning of my career,” Kobayashi said in the film.

Kobayashi does not just eat hot dogs. He’s held world records over his career with different foods, ranging from Buffalo wings, lobster rolls and cow brains to hamburgers, tacos and pizza. The list goes on.

“I am Japanese but I’ve eaten like an American. I think that’s what damaged my body,” he said. “I overeat because I’m a competitive eater. … When you eat too much, you don’t savor the taste or fully enjoy the smell of the food. You ignore you body’s signals, like fullness.”

In order to prepare for competitions, Kobayashi said he would spend months expanding his stomach with food.

“You have to gradually build up your gut by eating larger and larger amounts of food, and then be sure to work it all off so body fat doesn’t put a squeeze on the expansion of your stomach in competition. I start my regimen about two months before a big competition,” he said in 2004.

Kobayashi’s brain affected by competitive eating

Kobayashi underwent multiple tests during the documentary to diagnose his lack of appetite and reduced sense of smell. Doctors and scientists determined that Kobayashi’s chronic overeating has affected his nervous system and that his brain is still trained to think he’s competing or eating highly processed foods, despite stepping away from competition.

Competitive eater Takeru Kobayashi feels body is 'broken,' retires due to health issues - Yahoo Sports

1 Like

Yes, but look at what he’s accomplished.

This is the price of high success. This dude deserves a mention on the motivation page!

1 Like

I’ve been to Istanbul about five times, maybe more. I really love the city. Its ancient history makes walking around the city very interesting, and there are plenty of significant landmarks to see. The food is also delicious—I would recommend trying all the street food; it’s truly tasty. I would definitely enjoy going back there again.

2 Likes

Just try it.

1 Like

How Peanut Butter Is Made - Peanut Butter Factory Tour

2 Likes

What you guys think, are you willing to try?

How Farmers Make $5.5 Million From Horse Farms - Horse Meat Processing Factory

Within the confines of the horse meat processing factory, advanced machinery and skilled workers collaborate to transform horse meat into various products for consumers.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m willing to try it. It’s rather unconventional for me, but why not? This would certainly be higher on my list than rat meat. That’s for sure.

I can’t eat horse meat. I consider them friends of humanity. Lol. It is like eating dog meat which is another thing forever off the menu for me.

1 Like

How about rabbit?

Anything you deem as cute/friendly is off the list?

1 Like

haha. I’m not a veggie if that is what you mean :smile:. I can’t really say because I’ve never eaten one. I am open to the idea, however. It is really funny the way you phrased the question :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

I can understand that it’s off-putting to eat an animal that normally you think of as cute, or only in the context of a companion. Rabbits, dogs, cats, horses, guinea pigs…

How about goldfish? Are eating goldfish out of the question?

Would you be against eating snakes if you had a pet snake as a kid?

The emotional interpretation certainly changes things, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Yes, the emotional interpretation does change things. I have always maintained that our psychology influences our taste. It is possible for someone to kill, cook and eat snake, not for its taste, but to assert his dominance over something that has caused him trauma where such action is the only way for him to make peace with his past and embrace the future. The taste is really a complex network of naturally occurring patterns or learned patterns. That said, I cannot eat goldfish for no other reason than the fact that it is alien to my taste or something. The fact that it is cute may exert some influence, but not enough as to override the taste I have built up over the years. Lastly, snakes are out of the menu for me…I have every reason, and, yet, no reason for excluding them off my meal.

2 Likes

I never tried horse meat and don’t know if I will, Doesn’t look to bad

Grilled Horse Steak and Green Peas

2 Likes

What countries eat horse meat?

The countries where horse meat is commonly consumed include:

1. Italy: Italy is known for its horse meat dishes, particularly in regions like Lombardy and Piedmont.
  2. France: Horse meat, known as “cheval,” is a part of the traditional cuisine in France, commonly used in dishes like Tartare de Cheval and horse steak.
  3. Belgium: In Belgium, horse meat is frequently used in popular dishes such as horse sausage and minced horse meatballs.
  4. Japan: While not as widely consumed as other meats, horse meat (known as “basashi”) can be found in certain regions of Japan, often served raw or as sashimi.
  5. Kazakhstan: Horse meat is a significant part of Kazakh cuisine, with popular dishes like beshbarmak (boiled horse meat) and kazy (horse sausage).
  6. Mongolia: Known for their nomadic culture, Mongolia has a long history of consuming horse meat, often enjoyed in dishes like “khorkhog” (a traditional Mongolian stew).
  7. Switzerland: Horse meat is considered a delicacy in Switzerland and is commonly used in sausages, jerky, and even burgers.
  8. Mexico: In Mexico, horse meat, known as “carne de caballo,” is used in various dishes such as tacos and soups, especially in regions like Sonora.
  9. Argentina: Horse meat is readily available in Argentina and is commonly used in dishes like empanadas and sausages.
  10. Russia: Horse meat is popular in Russian cuisine, often used in dishes like solyanka (a thick soup) and kholodets (a jelly-like meat dish).

Other countries where horse meat consumption is present, albeit to a lesser extent, include Brazil, Canada, Iceland, Poland, and Sweden.

What countries eat horse meat? - Chef's Resource

I’m not eating beef, pork, chicken or any other meat raw

2 Likes

Man, homeboy really piled on those peas, didn’t he? haha

I agree that it doesn’t look bad. I’ll eat this before I eat puffer fish. That’s for sure. As long as it’s not dangerous, I’ll try lots of different foods.

You can say that again.

1 Like

Anything possible, Not my thing

I Eat 4500 Calories Of Raw Meat - Daily |

This Man Only Eats 100% Raw Meat!

I Only Eat A Raw Meat Diet With Chris Erm

1 Like