What's cooking?

I actually don’t cook much right now. But I used to cook a lot, and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed trying new recipes, and spending time in the kitchen.

I often think about the day when I’m able to return to the kitchen again. So, I like check out cooking stuff sometimes.

For example, for a long time I wanted to make my own pasta. These are so cool!

I would love to have one of these!! I’d hang my linguini to dry…

As a matter of fact, it would be cool to have a table just for working with dough!

Even making dumpling or wontons! In the movie Crazy Rich Asians they sat down and made dumplings as a family. It’s a nice way to spend time together and teach your kids. Of course, you can do this with friends, too.

I’ve made wontons a few times. It’s easier than I thought. Well, if you buy the wonton wrappers it’s pretty easy. You just have to make the filling. The wrappers you can buy a big pack for $2 or $3.

But making your own dough is pretty cool. There’s a mini roller that you use for bits of dough that small.

1 Like

I’m on a diet right now, so I eat only healthy food. Today I cook crispy chickpea and cucumber salad. It’s really tasty, you should try it. Recently I made a lot of dishes with cucumber, i didn’t even know some of them exist.

2 Likes

You know what? I’ve totally forgotten about cucumbers. I make salads with tomatoes, avocados, and artichoke hearts. For some reason, I never bother with cucumbers…

I should add some to my next salad! Cucumbers are great because they add crunchy texture. Thanks for the reminder!

By the way, do you scoop out the seeds?

1 Like

It;s great to see that traders are passionate about cooking. This could be a great activity that could help us to take time off from the stress caused due to trading. Keep it up, everyone!

1 Like

Very glad to say that my sense of taste recovered fully (100% as far as I can tell) after the second bout of covid a month back. I was worrying as my brother’s sense of taste has still not recovered after 18 months!

Since then I have developed a hankering for cheese fondue. Must make some soon…

2 Likes

Yeah, I enjoy cooking. It’s definitely a different mood from trading. haha

Plus, once you get comfortable cooking, you can make almost anything you can think of!

Mmmmm. Have you made it before? I’ve never made it. Actually, I’ve never even had it. I bought a small set, and never got around to using it. I wonder what kind of cheese is best. Cheddar?

I actually first tasted it in Switzerland so I guess it was the real thing. I think it’s Emmental and Gruyere cheeses, plus white wine. Maybe some seasoning. Can’t remember what.

Its a great sharing meal. The custom was apparently that if you let your bread piece fall off your thin metal fork into the pot, you had to buy a round of drinks.

Or maybe that’s just what they told the dumb English guy…

1 Like

Baked chicken breast.

Can get it done in about 30 min. It’s about the only thing I “cook” other than eggs and crepes…

So delicious with the paprika. I’ll grab a giant family pack at Costco and make 9 pieces at once. So it can last over a week.

Try it!

1 Like

Yeah, chicken can be pretty easy. Strange how simple ingredients can taste so good. And I’ve totally forgotten about paprika. Thanks for the reminder!

Mmmmm chicken!!

That sounds really good! I don’t know why I thought it was just a tub of cheddar cheese. haha
I guess there’s a lot more to it than I realized.

It’s a great way to share a meal!

1 Like

Super simple. Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder. That’s it!

1 Like

Ooh this is my go-to chikpea recipe:

Super easy to make and v healthy. Just requires spinach which can be pricey. You can eat this one with bread or rice or a side of chicken - maybe the paprika one will go well with this lol

1 Like

Mmmmmm. Looks good! Over garlic bread sounds delicious! Do you have a preference? Pasta, couscous, or garlic bread?

Probably garlic bread. As long as it’s not sourdough! I love sourdough but it does something to my jaw. A clicking noise happens lol and freaks me out so no sourdough anything for me!

2 Likes

You’re right! I bought a cucumber and starting adding it my sandwiches (I eat a lot of sandwiches, haha), and it really does change the texture completely. They’re so crunchy and refreshing!

I was watching a cooking show and the guy was making…well, they looked like spring rolls. Like chinese gyoza, but with rice paper, and bigger. He had a round pot with a cloth across the top, and he ladled a type of sluree onto the top, then after a couple minutes he put the filling and closed the spring roll thing.

I’ve never seen anything like that before. Now, I’m curious about how rice paper is made.

The only rice paper I’ve seen is the kind with the impression of bamboo mesh. I never thought about the different ways to make rice paper.

I don’t eat fast food often, but when I do, I really enjoy it. Last month, I went to Taco Bell.

Oh man, it was delicious! I ate myself sick! haha I was thinking of going back this month, but instead I wanna try something else. But I will surely be returning to Taco Bell.

A few months ago I went to Burger King. It’s good, but Taco Bell was better. I can’t wait!

1 Like

I wonder if that tastes like the vegetable spring roll from Vietnamese restaurants?

1 Like

Haven’t had Taco Bell lately. But I did have Chick Fila lol. Never fails.

1 Like

I got one of those - for shredding tobacco ! :rofl:

2 Likes

You know, I bet it does. I think there are many similarities between SE Asian countries. Countries that are so close, many things have been shared and passed along. Chop sticks, sticky rice, gyoza, etc. I’m sure they share the same love for air conditioners!

How was it? To be honest, I’m not sure if I’ve ever had Chick Fila! Maybe once a long time ago…