What's cooking?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I once got a can of some kind of corned beef hash chilli from a cheap grocery store. I opened the can and I lost my appetite. If it looks like dog food, I can deal with it if I’m hungry enough. But it SMELLED like dog food, too.

It went straight to the garbage.

2 Likes

You’re right, I don’t even like the smell of it. My family used to make corn beef hash when I was younger, and I loved eating it, but when I got the sense of food and bought one for myself as an adult, I hated it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve had it several times as a kid. It wasn’t very common for me, but common enough that I’d recognize it. I never had any problems with it. But I can’t recall any time I’ve eaten it in my adult life…Maybe that’s a sign that I should give it another try, but not from a can…

And I’m not even sure if I can blame cornbeef hash for what I found in the can that day. Cornbeef hash or not, no food should smell like dog food.

Is there any possibility that you’d give it another try? Maybe you go to a deli and it’s on the menu?

imagen

Let’s say you’ve tried their tunafish sandwish, their ham and cheese, etc. You’ve tried all their sandwiches and they’re all delicious. The one and only remaining sandwich on the menu is cornbeef hash.

What do you do?

2 Likes

yes, I’ve already tried it from a place like this, but that sht in a can is disgusting

Katz’s Corned Beef History - Behind The Counter at Katz’s Deli

2 Likes

You’ve got me chuckling with that one, haha

You’re right about that. I’m ok with fish in a can. Tuna and sardines coming out of a can have never disappointed me. But MEAT?!

For some reason, I can’t do it. I’ve seen cans with sliced hotdog pieces inside. It’s still a hotdog, just in a can. Nope. Can’t do it. SPAM? Nope.

And how was it? Better than expected?

1 Like

It’s a must to try Corned Beef and Pastrami Sandwiches if you live in New Jersey. Pastrami is my favorite, but Corned Beef is nice too

Finding The Best Pastrami Sandwich In New York

1 Like

As an adult, I can honestly say I had never tasted anything worse than corn beef hash, spam, and vienna sausage, but I ate that sht as a kid.

Can’t. Never. Won’t. These words best describe my response to eating raw meat.

1 Like

Pink Slime May Be Hiding in Your Ground Beef Once Again

1 Like

Cooking 100 Pounds Of Filet Mignon For The Homeless!

1 Like

You may think me cruel for this, but why cook filet for homeless people? Why not for people who are contributing members of society?

Maybe this guy has already–I don’t know. But the reason homeless shelters and such are uncomfortable places is because they’re supposed to motivate you to hurry up, and get out in the world on your own.

Sure, there are people who lost their home/job and then they’re homeless. But anyone who’s homeless for more than a few months is probably doing it to themselves, and shouldn’t be rewarded for it.

There are so many resources available for people who are suffering unfortunate circumstances, it’s almost harder to stay in the streets than it is to leave.

1 Like

No problem and I see your point of view, many people have this point of view and I also have thought the same.

The young man’s mind is likely to carry him far in life, my emphasis was on him.

1 Like

Sure, he’s doing a nice thing. A lot of those people don’t look homeless. Some of them just look like local folk who saw there was free food. Why not get in line?

You know what though? He’s doing something nice for people, and I’m sure they appreciated it. Everybody had a good day!

I like the videos where the guy goes to a food stand and buys all their food, and then they give their food away for free. That’s pretty cool.

Film it, get likes, get donations, do it again. It’s a good business model.

1 Like

Ok you have called me out, yes I have done the same but that was in my teenage years, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1: :

2 Likes

Let’s show the dogs a little love

ASMR MUKBANG PITBULL EATING RAW FOODS WAGYU DUCK HEADS

1 Like

Wow. In the dog world, that’s the equivalent of a 3 michelin star meal.

That’s pretty crazy. Those dogs are gonna be bragging at the dog park tomorrow.

1 Like

https://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/packages/food-network-essentials/grits-vs-polenta

Grits and shrimp? I never even thought of combining the two.

imagen

https://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/grits

Do you have any goals after conquering trading?

Why not go for a michelin star?

1 Like

A classic Southern dish

1 Like

I used to only put cheese in my grits. But then I met a southern lady, and she talked about putting a fried egg on top. It’s incredibly simple, but for some reason that blew my mind.

It never occurred to me to put an egg on top. It’s like putting a bananas foster ice cream sundae on top of a bowl of oatmeal. They’re both delicious separately, but you’d never think of combining the two.

Now, when the mood strikes me, I put a fried egg on top along with avocado, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

1 Like