What's cooking?

Shrimp and Grits - Best Shrimp and Cheese Grits Recipe

1 Like

I love that dudeā€™s accent. Everything he says is cool. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if heā€™s got four or five cast iron skillets in his house.

Heā€™s hilarious, too. I liked at the beginning when she asked if his pronunciation was correct. I can understand why he has 2.9M subscribers.

These southern folks carry guns and know how to shoot, too. I bet if you try to rob his house, heā€™ll blast you in the leg, then while waiting for the cops to arrive heā€™ll ask you to taste some of his leftover barbecue.

BTW, he said ĀØstar gazer skilletĀØ. Itā€™s a cast iron skillet brand.

imagen

Iā€™m curious about its quality.

1 Like

Lodge is the first (and only) name I can think of when it comes to cast iron skillets. And they cost less than $20.

The Stargazer cast iron skillet costs $115. Why so expensive? Is it worth it? Hereā€™s two reviews.

https://www.sfgate.com/shopping/article/Stargazer-cast-iron-skillet-review-15722712.php

I first heard about it from him, so Iā€™d like to see what he thinks.

1 Like

If you think this is a hand blender, think again!

imagen

Itā€™s called a sous vide. The first time I saw this was in the movie Burnt. The old school chef had a hard time adjusting to this new technology.

In this article, she mentions a slow cooker. Iā€™ve never used one.

1 Like

Man, I bust out laughing when I read this :+1:

1 Like

Growing up every old person had one including my grandma, we also had one in my household.

Grandma would tell us that her heavy cast iron skillet could stop a burglar in his tracks, she always spoke of hitting people over the head with it. bring back memories

1 Like

She wasnā€™t lying! That skillet is no joke!

imagen

imagen

1 Like

This video makes me wanna buy one of these!

1 Like

did you say you never use a slow cooker, If so what change your mind or is it you just never thought about using one?

1 Like

In addition, she has all her marbles and is able to function at 141yo. Is that her real age, I donā€™t know.

141 Year Old Rasta Woman Cooks Ital Sip

Mama Lilly The 141 year old Jamaican Rasta Woman cooking Ital sip

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve never used one before. And I never really even thought about it. But it does seem very practical.

It seems like a safe alternative to leaving the oven on, if you wanna step out the house for a short while. Making big batches looks easyā€“especially because of the thawing feature.

Iā€™d get one and explore more of its benefits.

Probably not. The world record is 122 years old. If sheā€™s from rural Jamaica, she may not have had a birth certificate until she was 5 years old. Who knows?

Yeah, I put that in there because of the comments, and yeah rural / country folks tend to live life and things like birth certificates wasnā€™t a big thing as it is now, so who truly knows either way sheā€™s moving around good and her mind is on point.

1 Like

Now how true is this

oldest human in the world 399 years old alive viral video

1 Like

Feel free to share your experiences with us :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, youā€™re right about that. Sheā€™s all there. Regardless of what her real age is, sheā€™s elderly and still mentally sharp. Good for her.

Unless sheā€™s really only 55 and all that ganja aged her rapidly. haha

1 Like

lol, I donā€™t want to rain on the womanā€™s age, But, Her sons was in this video, and if she were 141 years old, youā€™d think they would be at least 60 or 80 years old; the young man looks under 50 and very into todayā€™s culture.

Rasta woman claims to be 141 years old

1 Like

Oh man. This reminds me of times before the Food and Drug Administration. People used to sell a cure-all pill. Everything from a headache to heart arrhythmia. Find out later those pills were jacked with mercury.

You never know, though. Maybe these tonics are helpful.

I donā€™t know what immediate effects they have, but making juice/tonics from herbs certainly have long-term health benefits.

1 Like

I would say this, In my travels to Jamaica, I have met a number of Rastafarians over the age of 60 that claim the Ital Diet keeps them young and strong. Based on how they moved and the hard worked at their age, I cannot debate their words. but, a 141 years old and moving like that woman I have never seen that, no matter what kind of lifestyle you live. It can happen sure, but I havenā€™t seen it.

The Ital Diet: A Rastafarian Way of Life

1 Like

I think thereā€™s some merit to that. These people are eating food thatā€™s less processed, if at all.

They probably get all their produce straight from the tree/ground. No pesticide, no rBST hormones, no artificial colors.

Folding money says she hasnā€™t eaten a meal from McDonalds more than twice in her lifetime. Probably never.

They do yard work, eat healthy. They donā€™t work in a stressful work environment.

Thatā€™s a recipe for longevity.

1 Like

Yes, it seems that people look better and live longer when they eat less of the BS thatā€™s in food.

1 Like