What's going on in FX Solutions?

Since Friday, my Metatrader hasn’t been able to even show the past prices. I can’t do anything with my FX Solutions account. Do other people have the same problem?

Yes. It is really annoying.

Does it happen on a regular basis with only this platform, or with others?

One would have to think carefully about investing a lot of money with this sort of service.

It happened for me first time although I have used this broker only for a couple of months. Yesterday, finally my Metatrader was able to show the prices, not in the already opened charts but in the newly opened charts. But, many of the old prices have gone except GBPUSD, USDCHF, and USDJPY. In other charts, the oldest prices that can be shown are Nov. 18, 2012.

The other problem is the number of currencies I can select on the Metatrader has decreased. Now, I can select only ten currency pairs. Crosses are only four.

You should contact the broker’s support.

If they cannot or will not come up with a proper explanation, you might want to think about getting your funds out.

Cheers,
P.

I dont have a problem seeing charts but I dont use there metatrader plattform. I use the GTS pro and there Accucharts. I have a demo with froex LTD for metatrader. I would caution you on using the metatrader plattform through FXSOL as in there terms and condition it states that there MT4 platform’s price feeds are generated by a third party and they can not guarantee its accuracy. This I think is where your problems are laying. The third party might be having server issues. Talk to FXSOL about this problem and see if for the time being if you can run accucharts

This evening, I was able to show the charts of all the currency pairs on Metatrader, following the link “How to access MT4 charts for new variable spreads” on the FX Solutions webpage. However, prices shown are November 18 or newer in most of the charts. Inconvenient for backtesting.

Now I found Metatrader can show the prices at least back to September 20, 2012 in any currency pair.

I dont have a problem seeing charts

Now, I don’t have problems on most of the charts. But, it was horrible from Nov. 16 to Nov. 19. Only the problem I still have and am inquiring to the FX Solutions is prices of USDJPY from Oct. 4 2012 to Nov. 9 2012 in 15 min chart are wrong. I need to correct them for backtesting.

Today, I received the following e-mail from FX Solutions.

Subject: Important Notice Regarding your FX Solutions LLC Account
Sender: FX Solutions LLC

Dear XXXXX,

This letter is to notify you that FX Solutions, LLC will be terminating its retail forex operations in the US.

In an effort to provide the highest quality of service to our existing customers, we have made arrangements to transfer the custody and clearing of our accounts to GAIN Capital Group, LLC (“FOREX.com”) with effect from March 1, 2013. FX Solutions will no longer be your counterparty nor service your account from that date.

FX Solutions has worked closely with FOREX.com in seeking to ensure the seamless transfer of your account. Click here to view FOREX.com’s Customer Agreement.

IMPORTANT - What happens next?

We will automatically transfer all accounts to FOREX.com after 5:00pm ET on March 1, 2013. If there is a Power of Attorney or Letter of Direction on your account, it will be revoked once your account is transferred to FOREX.com.

As part of the transfer, your UserID will remain the same however you will be assigned a new password. After close of business on March 1, 2013, you will receive an email from FOREX.com confirming the transfer of your account and your new Password. If you do not receive this email, please contact FOREX.com via FOREX.com - Online Forex Trading, Currencies, Spot Metals & More.

Open positions will be closed on March 1, 2013 at our market close rate(s) and reopened by FOREX.com at the same price. As positions will be closed and reopened, all open profit or loss will be realized as a result and transferred into your account balance at FOREX.com.

All pending orders will be closed as well. You will be able to reestablish any pending orders after close of business on March 1, 2013 with FOREX.com.

You will no longer have access to FX Solutions LLC via MT4. We therefore strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with FOREX.com’s MetaTrader platform before the transfer date. Access FOREX.com’s MetaTrader platform.

FOREX.com will provide you the same high level of service that you have received from FX Solutions. GAIN Capital is one of the oldest and most respected companies in the industry, and FOREX.com has supported over 200,000 retail traders in over 150 countries. As a global, publicly traded company, GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. must meet high standards of corporate governance, financial reporting and disclosure.

Closing Your Account Instead of Transferring

Instead of transferring your account balance to FOREX.com, you may fill out the withdrawal form to close your account and receive all funds. As part of the withdrawal process, if you have any open positions they will be closed when the withdrawal is processed. We however recommend that you close all open positions as a price to suit you prior to any withdrawal request. If we do not receive this withdrawal form fully completed by 5:00pm ET February 28, 2013 your account will be transferred to FOREX.com.

No Response

If we do not hear from you by 5:00pm ET February 28, 2013, your account will be automatically transferred to FOREX.com on March 1, 2013 and you will be bound to their customer agreement. Click here to view FOREX.com’s Customer Agreement.

Talk to us about the transfer

Should you have any questions about this notice, please review our Frequently Asked Questions or contact our client services team by phone, email or chat:

Chat: Click to Chat with a FX Solutions representative (24-hours/5 days week)
Toll-free Numbers: +1-800-969-8365
Email: Customer Support Form

Talk to FOREX.com about the transfer

After March 1, 2013 you may contact FOREX.com via FOREX.com - Online Forex Trading, Currencies, Spot Metals & More.

We would like to thank you for being a highly valued customer of FX Solutions LLC and wish you the very best in your future trading.

Sincerely,
The Team at FX Solutions.

Forex trading involves a substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors.

©2013 - FX Solutions, LLC

In the United States: FX Solutions LLC is a registered Futures Commission Merchant and Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and is a member of the National Futures Association. NFA ID # 0312620. Saddle River Executive Centre, One Route 17 South, Suite 260, Saddle River, NJ 07458

FOREX.com is a registered FCM and RFED with the CFTC and member of NFA (NFA ID # 0339826). They can be contacted at 1.877.367.3946 (1.908.731.0750 internationally) or <[email protected]>. FOREX.com, 44 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005

definitely a broker problem. i’m with another broker, also using metatrader as well, and it is working fine. it has to do with fxsolutions’ price feeds. perhaps they are changing their historical price feeds…just to make it look better? idk really, but perhaps this is a good indication to switch broker to one that is more open with spreads, pricings, and such.

Because my live account is being transferred from FX Solutions to Forex.com, I opened a demo account of Forex.com. I found charts are quite different on Friday 22, 2013 between FX Solutions and Forex.com. Why there is such a difference? Will the Expert Adviser that worked well on the FX Solutions work well too on the Forex.com?

I also got other problem. I have been changing my Expert Adviser program to fit to Forex.com. I thought I have done well. However, while I was testing my Expert Adviser on the demo account of Forex.com, I got an error that never happened on the FX Solutions.

The OrderSend () function always gives an error “Short Entry Error 130 invalid stops”, so my Expert Adviser can’t trade. I haven’t changed anything about stop loss calculation so I don’t know what’s the cause of the problem. FX Solutions never caused such a problem. Stop loss distance of this program is about 100 pips from the market price, so tight stop can’t be an issue.

I think the reason why it looks different is because of installing a new MT4 software. You can change the Forex.com’s settings by loading the same template you were using in the previous MT4 software. You can click “Save Template” on the icon next to the clock you see at the top on your FxSolutions MT4 account, and then load that template on the Forex.com’s MT4 software.

Good luck

I found the reason. OrderSend () function does not accept stoploss and takeprofit values in Forex.com while FX Solutions did. So, I had to change the program so that OrderSend () function does not set a stoploss value. Instead, I added OrderModify () function immediately after the OrderSend () function to add a stop loss.

The remarkable problem of the chart difference is in the end of Friday, February 22, 2013. In the chart of FX Solutions, the price did not drop in the end of Friday while it did significantly in the chart of Forex.com. I don’t think this is caused by the setting of the Metatrader.

Below is the copy from the FX Solutions webpage.

Important Notice

FX Solutions LLC has terminated its retail forex operation as of March 1, 2013.

In an effort to provide the highest quality of service to our existing customers, we have made arrangements to transfer the custody and clearing of our accounts for US residents to GAIN Capital Group, LLC (“FOREX.com”) on March 1, 2013.

If you were an FX Solutions LLC account holder and reside outside the US, you should have received an email from FX Solutions LLC on February 22nd informing you how your account will be handled.

FX Solutions will no longer be your counterparty nor service your account.

Should you have any questions regarding the transfer of your account, please contact FOREX.com via FOREX.com - Online Forex Trading, Currencies, Spot Metals & More.

If you are an account holder with FX Solutions UK (a trading name of City Index Limited) you may contact us for support here.

For accounts that have received unclaimed property communications, please email <[email protected]> or call 201-345-2253 with any questions.

We would like to thank you for being a highly valued customer of FX Solutions LLC and wish you the very best in your future trading.

Sincerely,

The Team at FX Solutions

On Saturday March 2, 2013, I received an e-mail from Forex.com about my account info.

On Sunday March 3, 2013, I began trading through Forex.com with Metatrader. So far, no problem has occurred. Transition seems going well.

Have not looked at my fxsol account in a while. Had to go to forex.com. See they are the same as when I used there demo. I didnt like it then and dont like it now. Glad to have already set up another account with fxcm and with drew all funds for forex.com