What's the best time to trade forex?

I just would like to know what you guys think are the best and worst times for trading forex regardless of what timezone someone is in.

Hi @zianfx,

I think the best time is when there is volatility in the market and worse time is when there is not traders in the market.

There is four trading sessions during day, and each one have different volatility on each pair.

But generally the best time is when Europe and US market is open. You can see here more details about trading sessions.
Trading pair session - comparison

When Europe and US market is open then there is many traders who trades majors and thus volatility comes to the market.

For you it is the best when you have liquidity in the market where you can open and close trade whenever you want. It should not happen that you open order and you get re-quote because there is no one willing to accept your order.

6 Likes

Times zones matter, because of the overlap I prefer early mornings during the London and New York trading sessions, since I am in the central time zones I prefer 4am till 10 am

1 Like

NY trading sessions work for me. Asian sessions are typically slower, at least from my experience. But I hold longer trades too so it doesn’t really matter sometimes as long as I’m able to close/enter during times I’m actually in front of the comp.

1 Like

UK session

1 Like

The best time to trade is when the market is most active. I think the best time is during the New York and London trading sessions.

2 Likes

As forex market is a 24/5 open market every trader needs to take actions as per his trading capacities. So, may be there is no concrete answer to this question that which one is the best time schedule for a trader. Rather what will be the best time frame for a retail trader will depend on the trading plans and strategies of a trader actually.

1 Like

So if you at South African what time n strategy can u help me?:wink::wink:

1 Like

Not all hours of the day are equally good for trading. The best time to trade is when the market is most active. When more than one of the four markets are open simultaneously, there will be a heightened trading atmosphere, which means there will be greater fluctuation in currency pairs.

1 Like

all time is good, nothing needs to be distinguished.

2 Likes

Good job GKT; volatility is the key! More participants bring more opportunities.

1 Like

At 13:00 GMT or 8:00 WIB, US exchanges in New York start operating. that’s the right time in my opinion.

1 Like

NY session where you can catch most of the action.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply @GetKnowTrading.

@Coocheeboy - What I meant was regardless of what time zone I’m in because I’m willing to adjust to whatever the best time to trade is.

@bannyChen - why the UK session?

@inga_zhu - thanks! Do you trade during these times?

Beacause reward to risk ratio is larger enough in the UK session.

Yes, I tried several times.

1 Like

Of course when there is some break everywhere which concerns main currencies and so on. For example I think it’s very good time now when Trump doing wars with China and other world on all that commodities and other thing. Worst time - when all is stable ?:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @fxbypro. Do you trade during those times?

How has it been?