What's the first thing you check?

Helloooo. :smiley: Haha. I guess this is more like a question about your trading routine. :sweat_smile: But I was just curious. For other traders out there, when you turn on your computers or laptops in the morning, do you go straight to checking your charts? :smiley: What’s the first thing you check? :blush:

2 Likes

I spend so much time on Tiktok in the morning, whenever I wake up. :sweat_smile: And I’m trying to guilt-trip myself into spending more of my waking hours trading and monitoring charts. :sweat_smile:

Coingecko market cap of top ten cryptos. Hourly, daily, weekly change

1 Like

Sometimes, before I even do that, I eat breakfast! Haha

Nom nom nom

After that, I go straight to the charts. I scan all my charts for new trades.

I take notes on those trades, review my open positions, then I’ll open new positions last.

1 Like

i check my coffee maker lol. I can’t function without caffeine. :skull:

2 Likes

That would be a review of the asset list here:

Check on my portfolio balance is next. Then some charts.

1 Like

Now that I think about it…
Before I start digging into the charts, I start playing music. Haha

Gotta have my tunes!

1 Like

I see you get right into business, first thing in the morning! :blush: Haha. :smiley: That’s great. :smiley: Hope you do this while sipping on a cup of tea or coffee! :smiley:

1 Like

Breakfast! :smiley: I can relate to wanting to start the day right with a good and hearty breakfast. :blush: Haha. :smiley: Your process seems very organized! :blush:

2 Likes

Hahaha! :stuck_out_tongue: Very important step to a trading day. :blush:

Oooh. :thinking: If you’ve invested in a lot of different cryptos, this is something that could really take a while. :thinking:

Interesting! :blush: HAHAHA. :smiley: There are those beats that give off positive vibes that really set your mood for the day! :smiley:

1 Like

It actually helps me stay awake. When I’m scanning charts, it gets boring. That is until I have to start thinking…

Hi - this is a mobile app, and sometimes the wife wants a “sit rep” on our joint adventure, so I give her a quick synopsis like “we are down two grand today” or "we are up 5% today, or whatever. She always asks about ADA because it was her idea to add some - I have no idea why other than maybe one of her colleagues said “you need to buy some Cardano”. Then I go make her some coffee (tea for me) and leave her to rest or join her in the living room if her arthritis is bearable. :wink:

Do I have any money left?!? :sob:

1 Like

Well, you get a quick overview of what’s moving and not. And I imagine others sort this by category of coin/token, so they can identify trends as well.

I look at the big boys and the ones I’m currently holding. It’s a fairly quick exercise.

If I have an open position, yes, that’s the first thing I check. If I do not, I would probably read the news first.

You can start by charting the highest liquidity pairs. Once you do that you will start to spot opportunities that are upcoming such as a potential break out of consolidation.

If I don’t eat I’ll just pass out

I’ve always gone either without a breakfast or a very light breakfast, food has always made me very sleepy in the morning.