What's the proven trading method?

What’s the proven trading method?

I spend a lot of time with my demo account. Lets me strategies.

All strategies can be made to work but if you’re new you should look for one that is simple to learn and to understand, and which uses objective information so that decisions do not depend on a lot of value judgements which will only be possible with more experience.

Whichever strategy you select, trial it first in demo, and make sure you prioritise protecting your account total rather than making big money.

Its my belief that the key is the trader, not the method.

@PanchoVilla84 What do you mean the key is trader?, so it’s depend trader behaviour?
Do you think trading courses can help find proven method?

@GMoore I think every trader has their own method, so they can make a profit isn’t?

Though practice, practice, practice, is the best way to learn trading!!!

1 Like

Trading just consists of two basic philosophies - either:

1. buy because price is rising and you see no signs it is stopping, or:

2. buy because price has not been rising but you see signs it is about to.

3. has a high success rate and often leads into prolonged price move continuations but there is nothing to show these will be any more dramatic than the earlier trend

4. has a low success rate and might or might not lead into a price rise: if correct, price rises can be very dramatic

Pretty much all chart patterns and trading strategies conform to one model or the other. As long as you play by the risk management rules of the game you have selected both can be profitable. Most new traders pick 2) because they don’t want to make undramatic amounts of money slowly.

Who has a good trading method, just need a low interest rate of 1-2% per month is ok. Kindly, can suggest us

I appreciate that you’re not being greedy and you’re not looking to get rich quick, but 1-2% a month is not enough.

Lot of traders insist on a positive risk:reward ratio per trade, so each winner brings back more than was at risk. So why not insist on the same in overall in your trading?

Trading carries a high risk of a 100% loss, and usually if a wipe-out is going to happen it will be within the first year. So unless your strategy is at least capable of making a 100% profit in an average year, then you’re risking more money than your trading is worth. To double your account in a year you need 6% per month.

I have been developing some very low and stable profit systems. Yes, it is boring.
If this market is risky, who will eventually make a profit? :sleepy:

Cant agree more! Consistency in practice!

You probably should took it all from some fundamental theory just like with everything else and really need to consist something of that with your day trading and such for example. I hope we really will work with something like that later.

If you make a study of succesful traders you’ll notice that although they are all different and use different methods, there are certain underlying principles or qualities that these traders for the most part have in common that in a way, guarantee their success. The method they use is a product of the trader they have become.

On the other hand, if a succesful trader hands over their trading strategy to a random trader that hasnt developed these certain underlying trading skills, that method would be rendered useless.

Imo its not about finding a proven method. That part will come eventually if you work on becoming a better trader in general by developing these certain core attributes that all or most succesful traders possess

1 Like

I can probably give you a mechanical system, but not for stocks/indexes, only for fx.

Agree with you, but if we can share each other, we know what’s the best, that’s why I wanna know