What's your worst source of distraction from doing what you want to do?

I do things I enjoy. I try to limit the time when I read the news to once or twice a day, as opposed to all the time.

Don’t read the news lol. I don’t recommend doing it for too long though lest it turns to an even more dangerous viral strain. :joy:

Ah yes there you go. I think it’s when we expose ourselves to doomscrolling, that’s when it really starts to mess with our heads.

1 Like

Ha, doomscrolling is such a great term for it! I hadn’t heard of it before, but it’s perfect! Thanks for that.

1 Like

Doomsurfing/ Doomsurfing - tendency to continue to surf or scroll through bad news, even though that news is saddening, disheartening, or depressing. - Merriam-Webster.

Thanks for the clever word. Can’t wait for an opportunity to use it now.

1 Like

um instagram and netflix are my black wholes of procrastination

Yes we’re going to be doing a whole lot of that this year and maybe until 2021 :joy:

This forum is beginning to get added to the list too lol

I hang out more on Pinterest than Instagram, come to think about it.

Netflix! I chill too much with it hahah

Pinterest image search results on Google are the bane of my existence lol. Largely because of that is why I refuse to use it. :joy:

I feel ya, the temptation is real!

Hahaha, I’ve noticed they pop up all the time, it’s amazing.

It’s amazing for people who HAVE Pinterest on their phones lol :joy:

Hahaha. Probably. I don’t actually have the app on my phone, I browse it through my desktop.

Ahh on desktop they require you to have a Pinterest account! I think?

Yes, but I think one can just log in with their Google account, like on Youtube? Don’t quote me on that though, because I haven’t logged out in ages and I no longer remember my password, so I’d rather not log out and check, haha.

1 Like

girls :rofl: :rofl:

My dog!
She knows better than I do when I’ve sat too long at the PC. Without her reminders I’d miss out on at least three miles of walks every day. It might seem like a distraction at the time but, as with most things, she knows best…

1 Like

I seem to have put this on the wrong thread ???
Am I going mad ? :crazy_face:

I have generally learned to just focus on what I am doing and then occasionally take a little break to scratch my itch for distractions, then I go back to what I was doing.

I completely missed that one but thanks to your reply to it, I ended up scrolling back up lol. And yes you are going mad! :laughing:

Do you time yourself? Out of desperation years ago I’ve even tried the Pomodoro technique. :sweat_smile: