When did you know forex wasn't going to work out for you?

Clearly the question is for someone who no longer trades currencies which I realize is pointless since this is a forex trading forum but just in case there’s anyone out there who stopped trading forex and maybe still trades other markets.

Well, I think you already answer it yourself. It’s the same thing for trading in general or any industry you’re in, when you feel like it’s pointless to do it and no more passion, the hunger to become better, then it’s time to retire.

There are people who trade other instrument I believe even if this is a forex forum mainly. But, I might be wrong though.

You are not wrong. I use my Forex education to trade in crypto, in physical gold and silver, and it is over 3 years since I used leverage in my trading. I have been a trader since I raffled some toys in the playground at school when I were six years old. That is the first time I learned about authority (teachers) telling you what was acceptable and what was not. Later I understood what sheeple were, and vowed never to become one. I think it is either in your blood or it is not.

1 Like

That’s me.

I don’t trade spot forex.

I trade currency futures. That’s because forex DOES work out for me, though!

With currency futures, regulation and fund-protection are FAR better and safer. With currency futures, the broker really IS a broker and is on your side, Currency futures are a transparent market in which the prices are determined by trader interactions on a centralized exchange, not set by fake brokers for their own pretend products, so all brokers always have the same prices at the same times. You also don’t pay any spreads when you trade currency futures.

So obviously no retail trader who trades for a living would continue to trade spot forex long term. That would make no long term sense, really.

It’s a sad thing ,losing passion for something you spent so much time and effort on but ,I believe the knowledge and experience gained throughout this makes it all worthwhile as it is applicable in many other aspects of your economical endeavors .