Where do the trolls go

Maybe yuins aint so bad after all

Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? - Page 4 - TractorByNet.com

Ya gotcha a corn marker dere TalonD?

Gotta admit I’m no farmer and don’t know much about ploughs but there’s lots of farming around here. Interesting link there.
here’s another one. My dad had one similar to this but it only had one large wheel in front and had wood handles. This is the closest picture I could find of one that looks similar.
http://www.salvo.co.uk/images/userimgs/28784/33116_1.jpg

Well anyway, that’s getting way off track from the thread with all this. Sorry bout that folks

I just got back to this thread, after several hours away.

The first thing I noticed was the rich smell of fresh-turned topsoil, and cow manure.

Not a bad smell, at all. It smells of spring, and rebirth, and the cycle of nature.

Then I realized: [B]That rancid TROll smell is gone.[/B] Fantastic! Peace, quiet and fresh air.

Most likely, it won’t last. But, for now, breathe deeply, and enjoy!

its always the same old troll fighters trolls baiting the trolls, and in more cases than one innocent posters have be caught in the firing line of the troll fighting trolls.
Its clear the troll fighting trolls are always worried about new posters having a contrarian and more experienced opinion to there own that has the potential to knock them off their perch that they have created for themselves in newbie island.
Actually the troll fighting trolls is a gang of newbie island posters who clearly have nothing better to do than to shout high and mighty from the rafters - yet i wouldnt bank on them being anymore profitable than the next newbie.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree…lol…the whole dance is quite negatively correlated :rolleyes:

:smiley: nice!

Every last post by Brickman was removed…talk about spring cleaning.

At least I have his PM, about the judgement of God upon me, to remember him by. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re sneaky little devils these intruders.
They pose as all sorts of weird & wonderful characters.

Tradesmen (bricklayers)
Air & duct engineers (xtractors)

They’ve even been known to mask themselves as [B]smugglers[/B]. Apparently, [B]smugglers[/B] have a tendancy to wash up at weekends.

[B]Yikes!![/B]

Watch out!!

He might just come back as a new alias…[B]God [/B] :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

How to beat a troll

YouTube - Internet Bridge Troll

Come on guys, TROlls may be misunderstood.

Have you never heard the story of The Three Billy Goats Gruff?

From the goats’ point of view, they perceived the troll as wanting to eat them when he said “Why don’t I have you for dinner?”

However, in reality, the troll is a lonely social pariah, who was dieing for some company that wasn’t his mother, and so was sincere in his asking of having the goats over to [B][U]have some dinner with him.[/U][/B]

:stuck_out_tongue:

[B]Simon,[/B]

Funny video! Thanks for posting it.

[B]Trizzle,[/B]

Interesting twist on an old story.

Are you, by any chance, the attorney for the troll in the Billy Goat case?

(Just kidding — I enjoy your off-beat humor).

Hi all,

a quick question from someone who hasnt been in any forum for quite some time:

I dont understand exactely what a “troll” is.

As far as i understand it now a troll is someone who is entering a thread, watching and waiting for a good moment to finally drop a very, uhm, lets call it “offensive”-comment?

[U]Why should someone do that?[/U]

• Something like the need to see the world (this forum) in flames?
  • For fun?

[U]And whats the danger for me?[/U]

• That such a troll destroys my thread?
  • Or makes me feel sad/stupid/in the wrong place?

And yeah well, are these trolls a really big problem?
Should i report something to an admin if i think i found a troll?

And finally:
Does this post make me a troll? :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]EDTI:[/B]
Ah okay, should have watched that youtube-video first.
I think i understand now ^-^

Hi, NForex,

[B]Here’s a short Primer on trolls.[/B]

There are several meanings to the word “troll” — several types or classes of trolls, if you will. If we haven’t always been clear about which type is being mentioned, maybe this will help.

[B]1.[/B] Mythical trolls (which don’t exist) are sometimes called “bridge trolls”, “woodland trolls”, or “trolls in the wild”.

[B]2.[/B] Internet “trolls” absolutely exist, and haunt most internet forums. They are called “trolls” because they troll (as in fishing) for suckers to rile up; and also because they are nasty buggers who remind us of the nastier bridge trolls (from myths, fables and
fairy tales).

[B]3.[/B] Trolls here on the Babypips Forum are a subset of the internet trolls in (2) above. “Our” trolls are much more careful about outright “flaming” than trolls on some other forums, because this Forum is closely monitored and moderated. The result is that many types of behavior which might be allowed to persist on other forums are absolutely not tolerated here. Such things as racial slurs, obscene remarks, threats, etc. will get a troll banned from Babypips in a heartbeat. Trolls on this Forum generally follow the instructions I posted previously as “How to be a Forum Troll”.

[B]4.[/B] “TROlls” denotes a particular subset of internet trolls: these are aliases (or possibly disciples) of a guy named Avery Horton, who posted here and elsewhere under the screen-name The Rumpled One (which has gotten abbreviated to TRO). From “TRO” we get “TROll”. This guy was banned from Babypips some time ago, but enjoys sneaking back in under assumed names in order to make trouble. (More on WHY they do it, in a moment). Horton has a colorful history of joining, and being banned from, various forex forums. Those who think his antics are all in good fun should visit Tymen’s thread 301 Moved Permanently and take a close look at the cyber terrorism he attempted there, embedding malicious code in an indicator he graciously offered for free. He couldn’t resist signing his work, with the signature “[I][B]TRO[/B]Tag[/I]”. The obscenities which he embedded in his code were posted by one of our members for all to see; but, they have since been removed from Tymen’s thread.

So, why do these pathetic individuals, with their peculiar form of personality disorder, do this stuff? Well, it would be interesting to hear from some of the psychiatrists or psychologists on this Forum, regarding that question.

Here’s my take:

Internet trolls are predominantly male — as are graffiti artists, gang members, child molesters, and serial killers. I think there may be some deep-seated male pathology that links all of these perps. Internet trolls are often teenage boys, although I don’t think we’ve had many of those here on this Forum.

Internet trolls might be motivated by the same urge that motivates graffiti artists to deface a wall or a fence with spray-paint:
the urge to strike out at the world, and the need to be noticed.

Whatever motivates some creeps to plant viruses and worms on the internet probably motivates other creeps to sneak onto internet forums and create havoc.

I’m reminded of a line from the film [I]Dark Knight[/I]:

[B]"Some men just want to see the world burn."[/B]

Alfred, referring to the Joker, in the movie [I]Dark Knight [/I]

And some people’s activity sets off intruder alarms & raises concerns as soon as they make another unwelcome appearance in a place where they shouldn’t really ought to be frequenting at all.

Doesn’t it. :rolleyes:

Hey Clint,

thank you very much for taking time to explain it to me.

Unfortunately i think i downloaded that indicator (finest in trend trading) from the user named brickman.
Looks like i should go then and delete it, huh?

If i may post my personal thought about that:
Its actually pretty sad that some people feel the need to spend their time being a Troll. So much time just gone for nothing. I mean typing all these posts needs time. Programming a virus or whatever also. I dont see the benefit.

Admins are doin a fine job here. Thanks so much!

I did not download it. But, if I had, I would delete it.

There are several members on Tymen’s thread who are far more qualified than I am to advise on the possible threat posed by the code in that indicator. You might ask for an opinion on that thread.

As for your thoughts about trolls, there’s no need to walk on eggshells here. This thread is here specifically for discussing trolls.
So, if there’s anything you want to say on that topic, have at it. (Within general forum guidelines, of course.)

The only people who are allowed to stray off-topic here are trolls. That’s because, trolls are, by definition, on-topic just by being here. And they are welcome here. In fact, one of the purposes of this thread is to entice trolls to show up here, and start acting
like trolls. They’re so easy to catch, that way.

Rather than chasing the trolls all over the Babypips website, it’s so much easier to just sit here with a big mallet and wait for them to pop up. It’s like Troll Whac-A-Mole.

Or, … Whac-A-Troll.

I have good reason to believe that the Administration has recently hired the techies to write a program that allows the input of a troll name and then all of that person’s posts are deleted from the entire Babypips database. :smiley: :smiley:

That should fix the trolls!!

It should certainly discourage their appearance, since they now know that every post they will make will be a complete waste of time

• many hours of posting
  • only a few seconds to delete the lot!! :smiley:

Bye Bye trolls!! :stuck_out_tongue:

With all due respect, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

The losing out happens when TROlls disrupt high quality threads, such as tymens and the ATT crew, etc. The experienced traders/members around here agree on that.

You should also be mindful that tymen is not the instigator. It is the TROll that repeatedly seeks him out due to an old feud which he apparently can’t get over that he lost.

If you have something intelligent to say with factual proof as to why you think tymens material should be deleted, please state your case, or better yet crawl back under your rock.

Dont ya all sees whats going on here. We gots ourselves a Hatfields and McCoys feud.

Dat simbafx feller posted something dat o990l6mh didnt cotton to. Nows o990l6mh startin up with simbafx. Ya all can sees it, cant yew? Next thing ya knows, simbafx gonna get lynched like da rest.

Ya alls needs to settle down and let people says what dey gots to say without gettin your panties in a twirl.

From what I sees ain’t nun of ya innocent. Jist sum of yews are friends wit da folks runnin dis place. Dat dont make it right. Jist means you getaway wit stuff you aint go no dang business doin in da first place and yews knows it.