Where have they all gone

It’s been a long time since I’ve been here. What ever happened to all the old timers that I remember? Have they all moved on?

2 Likes

As the name of the site suggests this is a place mostly catering to beginners. Maybe the old timers have gone on to bigger things.

Yes on to bigger and better things I guess. I stopped trading for a long time, got burned out on it but starting to get back into it now. I know some who made it and some that didn’t. That’s the way it goes.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, welcome back!

Maybe depends on how long back? I know at least a couple who had moved to another site who were here about 5-7 years back.

I have also seen a couple of veteran traders like you who came back but didn’t really get much recognition and disappeared again.

One negative of this forum is that many posters seem to be newbies that are more interested in telling others how to trade than in learning to trade themselves. Go figure!

Are you looking to stay here for a while or just passing through?

2 Likes

Ouch.
I can take a hint and can assure you that effective now that has now come to an end, lol.
Sincerest apologies.

1 Like

Why do you say that? I just complimented you on your professionalism on your recent thread about reaching goals! I thought you raised a very relevant issue that, as you said yourself, would interest others in how they handle that issue.

Please do carry on with what you are doing it is relevant and inspiring! :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Kinda passing through but may pop in from time to time and browse the site to see if there are interesting threads.

As I get back in and get my feet wet in the trading waters again I’m going back to an old method called happy pants. It’s just basic S&R

2 Likes

Interesting. My trading technique that I created and use I call it …P.A.N.T.S.
Price Action Naked Trade Scalping.
Maybe one of these days I’ll start a thread about it.

2 Likes

That would be cool. I tend to like naked charts. Indicators are always lagging and never tell you anything that price action doesn’t tell you.

Where have all the traders gone?
Long time passing.
Long time ago.
The markets have killed them every one.
Oh, When will they ever learn?
Oh, When will they ever learn?

I’m sure they all living profitable healthy lives really

2 Likes

Both are true to a certain extent. But a large number simply move on to the next stage in their interests.

Ever thought that it might just be due to the lack of interest amongst newbies to actually do the work?

What here actually motivates seasoned traders to stay and contribute?

2 Likes

I was only joking the famous Pete Seeger song with abit of Dylan Thomas too

2 Likes

I have another role whilst trading but for some I guess it gives such a dull mundane activity abit of purpose helping others

1 Like

I was discussing this here just recently. There is a long history of threads here debating the pros and cons of PA v. Indicators.

But it is interesting to note that over the years since brokers were forced to publish their retail client failure rate there has been no reduction in the percentage of failures at all. Most still publish figures around 70-80%
Seems to me that if PA or indicators were that much more efficient than the other then we would be seeing a significant reduction in these dreadful statistics.

My only conclusion is that PA and indicators are equally good/bad and that the real causes for failure v. success lie entirely elsewhere, maybe in risk management, maybe in psychological factors, maybe simply because most choose short term charts which are perhaps harder to work consistently.

Just some thoughts…

2 Likes

Maybe - at least to the extent that one feels that it is helping others! I must admit I am about at the stage where I feel that I am more of a hindrance than an asset here - in fact more of a total non-event in terms of assistance to others on their journey.

Forums are just ships passing in the night. We come and we go …and sometimes come back again!

2 Likes

I suppose it’s recognition/familiarity with others as it can get abit "lonely"especially when waiting ages for set ups

1 Like

I strongly disagree. I find your comments very insightful and I’m sure you’ve helped many people here.

This forum needs more people like you.

7 Likes

True you said many inspirational comments what the majority can relate to

3 Likes

Yeah @SovoS what the f**k?! Your comments are some of the ones I’ve been learning from!:heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes