Where/how can I get a tool or indicator that shows big bank moves in forex

Which indicator shows Big banks positions, entry and close. Where can I find one

1 Like

The big banks move the markets. There are more retail traders in this market than there are banks, however, the combined effort of the retail traders does not move the market at all, we only ride on the backs of the banks.

How do we ride on the back of those big banks. Is there any indicator showing their moves? So we can follow

Price shows the net result of their actions. It is the banks who move prices, not us or our brokers.

2 Likes

Are you talking about AAA rating?

I dont think there is any indicator like that, and if there is it would probably cost a considerable amount of money

@dongoners91, you should take a look at this product, it could be what you are looking for.

Below is a few Youtube videos demonstrating the software and strategy.

Hope this is of some help… Cheers

Another way of looking at this issue is this: - If it is the banks that move the markets and we want to know what indicator to use, then we can use all available indicators as they actually measure the moves on the charts (or are derived from the price action on the charts) which are caused by the banks. The problem would be to learn how to use a particular indicator that suits you. Hope this answers your question.

Price does not necessarily travel in the same direction as the Banks all the time…

Hence your Indicators will have you on the wrong side of the larger moves… MM 101…

1 Like

I guess the best indicator for you is one I was introduced to here at babypips by Macilme. Its called the SSI Indicator and it measures what the Retail Traders are upto. So I guess you can use it to gauge what the banks are NOT DOING.

If you have trading platform you already possess indicator. It shows where price has been and where price may reach. That’s as close as you can get.

If you are looking for indicator to calculate average of past price levels you will be cluttering your chart with unnecessary stuff to take your attention away from what banks real intentions are. Don’t look at trees… look at forest.

If you have understanding of price action, you can use technical analysis to find the situations whenlarge institutional players are entering or closing their positions. The first important thing is that large players also have large position, so they need eough time to enter or to close their positions, because they want to do it without moving the prec substanically. This process creates special patterns on the chart. For example, when institutional player buys something, it looks like consolidation on one price level, than the short directed movement to the next level with the consolidation there. The idea is that the large player buys (or sells) everything on the particular level and then moves to another level.

2 Likes

check out trading sessions. Asia (JPY,AUD,NZD), Frankfurt (EUR), London (GPB), New York (USD).

Big boys are asleep when their local market is not trading. Watch what price does when they are actually at work.

The best indicator you can have is your trading platform. It shows when market opens, what is price doing during trading session on that particular currency and when market closes the day.

read the book “Naked Forex” on pdfdrive.com for free. It should help

when a big bank or financial institution buys a huge quantity of a currency, who sells it to them?

maybe another big bank or financial institution?

which one do you want to “follow”, the one buying or the one selling???

all transactions have a buyer and a seller, don’t they?

the nearest you’re going to get to an “indicator” that displays anything like what you want to see would be volume, and its relation to price movements

but the spot forex market doesn’t have volume information available, because there isn’t a centralized market for spot forex

don’t confuse any volume information you can see on your broker’s charts as the volume of the interbank market - it’s only their own volume, which has nothing to do with international currency markets

when you buy or sell a currency pair with your “broker”, you’re only betting against them about their own price movements of their own “product” - there aren’t really any actual currencies changing hands at all - you do appreciate that, right? (i ask only because your question above suggests that you might not?!)

1 Like