Where is james 40 to 100?

Hey there,

I remember those times in the room…when others and me were asking questions and many times weren’t getting proper answers.

Back then I thought it is just the way he is and his calls were good in that time and resulted in good trades (for the room)… he said short at x… and a small bit later or so he and people in the room were joining. Sadly this was while I was still a noob…

I learnt all the basics from James… TLs, FIBs, Divergences, Stochs, S&R, some patterns. Glance was a help to get the hang of how to draw TLs the proper way and so on… he really helped me to get started… it took lots of time, because it was hard to get answers to individual questions, but surely the basic and some more information was provided.

…but then, once I got better, around the early summer of 2008 maybe, the quality of his calls was getting worse. He wasn’t calling trades, he was just in xx pips ago. The direction picking wasn’t working properly anymore and so on. Having in mind that he was an experienced trader at a bank,… lead into false thoughts and conclusions. And thats a bad thing for the learning curve for sure.

At that time it began to become a bigger problem that the analysis was mostly hindsight and rarely direct and just when or shortly before things happened. Glance was a good thing, but again a hindsight analysis.

So looking at the things now: The knowledge was definitely good (but as we read here, only copied word by word :frowning: ), the explanation + teaching style was not optimal and lead (for me) to a slower learning curve.

I still like the system and wouldn’t say that james is the reason if someone loses with the system in general (if someone followed the calls live, he lost of course, while thinking “even the experienced bank trader loses”). We all need to learn and master our method and have to find OUR path. But surely it’s not ok to pretend and lie…

Cheers,

Chris

I read it again… you’re right!

On a different subject, I think a lot of people, like Felix, didn’t see the last few pages of the thread and aren’t clear on what happened…

This has nothing to do with whether the system James was teaching was good or bad, nothing to do with bitter traders complaining because they lost money trading with James, and nothing to do with whether James invented IB trading. It’s about plagiarism and dishonesty.

James, from what I hear (I haven’t seen the evidence, but I have no reason to doubt it), copied most of his system and material word-for-word from Jeff Wilde. This is the problem! It’s perfectly fine to learn from someone, or be influenced by them, and then go out and open a trading room. Price action trading has been around a long time, and no one “owns” it, but you cannot take someones else’s written words and try to pass them off as your own.

Everyone that knows me and my trading style on these forums can see that my trading is heavily influenced by NickB, but the trading strategies I teach here are my own. I write my own words and don’t copy things from anywhere else. My ideas are influenced by NickB, but not stolen from him. There is a BIG difference… :slight_smile:

Plagiarism, combined with the fact that he apparently lied about his experience, is the problem people are having with James.

hey guys i hope you didnt get me wrong .

First i dont know anything about this guy james was copying him , because im not in the room since 3 months or maybe more .

Im not saying james is bad , but actually i learned allot from him , and even me im not working with the same system like james , im working on H4 like phill

But i cant say that i didnt learn from him , But guys you didnt get what i mean .

im saying that he is some on gathered to you all the information you need and he gave it to you organized with plann and rules , and you execute it in your way .

And as i said before , now one was offering what he gave with this price

maybe he has some negative stuff , but sure allot of people learned allot from him .

kind regards

FYI…

This Jeff Wilde guy didn’t invent anything. He didn’t create candlesticks. He didn’t develop the Inside Bar, or Divergence, Convergence, Double Tops…etc…etc… In fact, Wilde is just another peddler of a system that’s been intact for over a hundred years. What gives him any more worth than James?

James had a trading room. He wasn’t selling a system. He was selling his availability to traders for them to learn what he knows.

Granted, I’m not big on selling on this forum at all and think all actions of that should cease. However, if you’re going to attack a guy, do so with some logic.

I trade Price Action. So if I opened a room and charged people to watch me trade, am I susceptible to anyone Tom, ****, and Harry that comes around saying I stole their trading method simply because they trade in a similar fashion?

How I trade is a collective of everything I’ve learned out there in Forex. As I see it, the same goes for James.

As I said before, this has nothing to do with whether or not James, Jeff Wilde, or anyone else invented the system. It has to do with plagiarism.

JK Rowling didn’t invent witches and wizards, so does that mean I can copy Harry Potter word-for-word, slap my name on it, and start handing out copies? :slight_smile:

James wasn’t just trading in a similar fashion, he (allegedly) copied-and-pasted information straight out of Wilde’s book and passed it off as his own.

First off i took james course

here is a example of what he said was daily resistance and support levels

Sound familiar.
Well he stole it off dr jeff wilde wepage.
Every week dr wilde would give insite into the market and james would
just read it off as his own.

GBP/USD EUR/USD USD/JPY GBP/JPY EUR/JPY

Turning Point Down #3 1.7000 1.5000 96.77 160.00 138.69
Turning Point Down #2 1.6742 1.4675 95.87 157.58 136.83
Turning Point Down #1 1.6500 1.4444 94.71 154.97 135.00

Turning Point Up #1 1.6148 1.4191 93.00 150.62 132.50
Turning Point Up #2 1.5982 1.3961 91.76 148.75 130.47
Turning Point Up #3 1.5788 1.3737 91.00 146.68 128.50

Masturgunn
here is a question for you?

What are “good” EA results?

Here is what i think are good ea results
Anything that produces a profit is “good”. With that said, it’s not likely you’ll find any EA that can give you such results.
Strategies work. Systems don’t. EA’s are controlled systems that use past information to place entries and exits. Highly ineffective to one’s success in the markets.

HUH
sounds like i know what i am talking about.
yes right.
Also just to let you know
I have 10 years experience with ea results. come join my chat room for a fee.
I was a institutional trader also for 5 years.

GUESSS what
THESE ARE YOUR COMMENTS

I have 0
experience with EA results.
Was not a instutional trader either.
I just look at past analysis
read off past experiences

It is easy to look like i am a experinced trader by
reading off other peoples ideas and past analysis or current just by looking
in the forum.

Yes he did not invent candlesticks, fibonicchi, and eveything.

YOU can look very EXPERIENCED just by reading other peoples ideas and use other peoples system.

If you look at the website and ebook he followed step by step everything,
He can also use dr wildes past and current analysis.
You can also any forums current analysis.

HOW do we know he was experienced???
HOW do we know he was a institutional trader???

All we know was that he was basically reading and using someone elses system.
Have a current question about trend lines?
Wait. i am not logged on to the forums to give you someone elses analysis and system. opps did i write that???

Masturgunn

come join my chat room. Just make sure you bring your wallet.
I need start up money. I am very experienced with
EA results

100 people X $60 = $6000 a month
$72000 a year

is good start up money. all i have to do is repeat other peoples systems
and ideas and anaylsis and i will look like the

MASTER TRADER.

muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa

Hi,

I was in James’ room for 8 months and for the record i think he was BRILLIANT!

How do i justify such a claim you ask well i’ll tell you - this man has shown us all that he is a one-off, a maverick, a pioneer, a crusader, he pushed the boundaries and explored new horizons, whilst others were thinking about it James was doing it, he was a beacon of hope to all who doubt themselves…in a word a legend!

His trading was absolutely pitiful and an embarrassment to all human kind BUT his ability to wring every last drop out of the expression ‘a little knowledge can be dangerous’ was truly inspired and stands unparalelled to this day.

This man’s business plan of (allegedly) scanning other peoples work and selling it as his own whilst gaining free advertising space on this forum would have had even that dumpy, miserable sour faced woman on Dragons Den who never invests in anything hurling bundles of reddies at him if only she’d known, indeed James is to be applauded not for his tragic trading but for his entrepreneurial guile and sheer determination to make money at anybody’s expense without any conscience whatsoever.

I raise my hat to a stinking trader but also to a man who has shown us all that you can have no original thoughts yourself but being in the right place at the right time with a nice line in patter is all you need to take money, simple but effective!

Nice work, i suppose you’ll be remembered for something.

“Imitation is the highest form of flattery”. Nice phrase, and very true I think. I regularly take other ideas and re-use them in the line of work I do, it’s normal and is referred to as utilising Best-Practices - essentially not re-inventing the wheel if you don’t need too.

But what I don’t do is blatantly take those ideas and literally cut-and-paste them into documents, or blatantly talk about them parrot-fashion as if they were my own. Referencing sources is a must, for legal and moral reasons. And this didn’t happen here. It is without doubt James took the course material and read from it, word for word sometimes, as well as using the written format in docs that were sent out. On this point though, there is the consideration that James doesn’t write too well (a point some take great delight in pointing out, which is pretty childish to be honest) so cutting-and-pasting something that is written well and gets the points across you want to make better than you could is an argument that could be used - but admit to it and reference where it came from. Not doing this has got James into the trouble he’s in, and I’d put money on the fact the threads dissapeared because James was threatened with legal action and did this because of this being threatened, and knew he was in the wrong.

On another small note, James told us he lived in London (a rich part as well). But his IP address originates from Stockport, next to Manchester (which is also where he was born). So appears this was even part of the smoke-and-mirrors game. Amazing what you can find out about someone when inclined to do so.

Confused? Yeah me too. Cmon James, tell us we’re wrong, and tell us how.

Look you really dont get it do you. I didnt see the last few pages of the thread so dont know what everyone is talking about. I can certainly glean the fact that there has been plagiarism which I dont condone. On its own though it doesnt say anything one way or another about a traders ability to trade. It does say something about their ethics although I do remember James being challenged one day and he simply stated he had never claimed the review to be his own. Still thats no excuse

It is pointless going back to the tired arguments about James abilities. He taught some people (including me) some valuable things. Frankly I dont care whether he can trade or not, the lessons were just as valuable. Others learnt nothing and there seems to be a growing understanding that the room in latter days was not nearly as good as it was originally. Lets leave it at that

Whilst I did learn a lot from James, removal of his threads have cost me over 300 posts :(. Many of them were live trade examples and all of Tess’ early contributions were on the threads as well so there is a fair bit of what I would consider to be valuable information lost which is unfortunate. The live trade examples combined what I learned from James and subsequently lessons from Tess so they stood as an independant testament to what I had been taught

Now that people who have been to the room may be for a longer while than you have testified of its usefulness, what do you say to them? is this still “foolhardy”? I was not in that room but have been to others, so can imagine what goes on in a trading room and give a valid opinion here.
Suffice to me that there was one person satisfied , and it seems it was the majority. Unfortunately some dreamers paid the price of a meal and were waiting for James to hand them ready made killer trades. It doesn’t and will never work that way, you have to put in research and screen hours. [B]In fact you have to do exactly what James and any successful trader will tell you they did: learn a system from somebody and make it to fit you personality[/B]
James may be guilty of taking word for word from J Wilde without citing him, which is illegal and dishonest, but me as an apprentice, I am looking for somebody who can help me put everything together and have a successful trading career. Not waste people’s time with pointless issues as to where James lives and whether he is fat or bold.

I don’t think some of you get what the issues are here…

The beef is not about James’ inabilities to trade or teach, or that anyone can claim they created PA trading, that has been debated and for long enough.

It’s about plagiarism, dishonesty, lies, lack of integrity and morals by James, and nothing else.

Some of you are coveniently glossing over this. Whether that’s ignorance or not knowing what’s really happened, I don’t know.

James created a monster with 750k views on ‘his’ IB System threads alone, all based upon alleged fabrication of his true trading background, and it has finally caught up with him.

Like Shandy said, C’mon James, defend yourself, and tell us we’re wrong and how?!

im with you too

Hi fellow future millionaires!
Enough of arguments, let us get back at work and put our knowledge together. I am sure we can achieve those 40 pips a day.

I’ve found some trades that look very promising to me and I wanted you to assess them as well. I hope I’ll be able to upload the charts here, but if not just open yours and have a look:

1/ Natural gas fut. This commodity has come to what seems to be a more than a year swing low, stopping at a round number with a bullish engulfing candle. For me the odds are for it to pursue its way to the upside and this may be the occasion of the year to pick a bottom, if it crosses the 28.00 level.

2/ gbpjpy. This pair made a pin bar this week and may also continue to the up side. Confluences on my chart are round number 15000and fib 23.6.
Looks like safe to buy over 152.90, isn’t it?

3/ crude oil looks bearish, has a bearish divergence, but might find support at MA 55+ trend line.

Got charts attached at last. Sorry, it’s first time, can only improve!

I made pips with James while the market was trending. I also learned a lot from him. Using his “method” in conjunction with horizontal SR and a few other price patterns things are still going pretty good for me so far. Of course time will tell but IMO anyone who was looking to learn to trade as opposed to looking for signals would have considered the service well worth it regardless of any other bs that was being fed to us.

so has james officially shut down his room?

I would like to add to what zizabub has said, I was a member of James room for over 6 months, during that time I’ve learnt far more than I would have otherwise on my own.

I’ve been out the room the last few months, and I’m not entirely sure on all the rumors flying around at the moment.

What I do know is that I felt during my time in the room I got value, the membership was cheap at around �30 a month after the 1st month. I would be surprised if many people felt than where not getting good value as apart from the odd person, most people had nothing but good things to say about james when he was not in the room

James went thru his daily setup each morning, which was great for compairing my analyisis to his, and the trendlines he used, were accurate IMO.

I can’t comment on people sucsess with using james signals, since personally I’m not one for taking signals I used the room for education and used my knowledge and james daily anaylisis to form my own trades.

To me I owe most of what I know to James room, so personally I’ve had a very good experience with it, and was actaully recommending to a friend of mine looking to start trading to join the room himself.

‘most people had nothing but good things to say about james when he was not in the room’…you say dog’s danglies.

You are not telling the whole truth here are you… ‘most’ people said absolutely nothing as they were either sobbing uncontrollably because their account had just taken yet another bashing after his latest advised trade or were too afraid to utter a word in the full knowledge that if they did he would press the ‘banned by the moderator’ button!

He always said that the room wasn’t a democracy and pressing his little button to eject people demonstrated this, he felt empowered and also gave his low self esteem a boost at the same time!

Let’s have this straight once and for all…this man advised on ‘conservative’ trade entries (signals in other word’s) and if you chose not to take them then you were either taking no trades atall or taking ‘non-conservative’ trades, his trades resulted in misery for those who were brave enough to take them so i fail to see how any ‘education’ you may have gained with James could have ended with you showing a profit unless you did the opposite of what he said of course and if this is the case then the only ‘education’ that you picked up in the room was to ignore every word that he uttered!

There is also no surer way of losing a friend than recommending him to this room!

I’m not really interested in getting into slagging matches, just expressing my opinion.

But education, I mean the use of trend lines as S+R which the whole strategy was based around, James was almost usually correct on pull back targets, and profit targets IMO.

I used these pull back, and profit targets to aid my own analysis, and during my earlier months, going on the live charts compare how my trendlines compared did help me.

If you read what I actually said about how people felt about james, I was referring to what they said behind his back i.e. Mondays when James was not in the room, where they would have no fear about being banned from the room. Maybe the number of upset people is way larger than I possibly think, everything I’ve said is my OWN opinion, and I may be wrong, as I’ve said its been a few months since I’ve been in the room and it seems alot has changed in that time.

I will admit that the lack of movement in the market does make the IB system less profitable by nature, since leaving the room I personally moved up a time frame and trade the hour charts to avoid much of the chop and have found decent pips doing this.

As I’ve said I’ve never been one for taking much trade advise from others, (my dad does well out of trading equites, but I’ve never bought a stock on his advise as I only buy if I have my own reasons to be buying)

As for the profitable trades in the room, as you’ll be well aware James picks a pair to trade for the day and follows it for the day, as we used to follow 3 pairs many times I’d be trading a different pair to him, although he always gave pull back targets profit targets and analysis for the pairs he wasn’t trading.

Maybe James is wrong to have been giving trade signals to noobs who don’t really have the experience to think for themselves, maybe in retrospect he never should have offered signals, and only given targets. I dont want to should like going to start a James fan site on facebook, I’ve only expressed what I’ve gained from the room, in this fairly one sided thread.

As I say I’m quite in the dark about some of the rumors flying about and don’t know the facts from the sh!te, if anybody whos enlightened whats to share the knowledge drop me a PM.

Looks like the man is done and gone. So it’s a dead issue. Why don’t you people get off the dead horse and move on???:rolleyes: