Where is the EU going with this?

For those not aware there is a Poll in post 1 of this thread to allow you to express your opinion on the survival of teh EU and if it does manage to do so in what form

Currently

• 6 of you think it will survive but more countries wil leave
  • 3 think it will survive just as it is now
  • 2 think it is doomed to collapse

and as we have seen elsewhere in this thread George Soros is worried it may collapse !

to which one of our contributors wrote

Which would put him firmly in the Higel Farage Camp one would think ?

But as most of us are well aware - Soros is in fact a firm and committed Globalist and makes huge Contributions to a large range of neo marxist causes. icludin no less that $18 Bilion here

Well apparently he (Soros) is worried again about EU survival ;

Apologies - I hate getting diverted too - (or detoured with a yellow sign) so last post on the thread.

Bet most guys figure Soros as the guy who broke the BOE - only a half truth there was brain behind the HF - still living and still smart.

Hehe - that’s my last detour :slight_smile:

Edit: still living and still smart. - street smarts that is…

I know I said I’d quit this thread but … …price followed the script as anticipated - worth around 100 pips for anyone who noticed - then again did anyone actually notice?

Of course they weren’t all filled - and the FA didn’t change

Sells long pulled - on the news.

(yellow line is 1.0880 so a simple buy when I posted at that level went 10 pips under and 110 pips above)

Again apologies for the detour, def out this time:

Same chart with weekend over - past 2 days:

Eur_Usd_hr1

:

Betfair now have it

Quitaly = 3-1
Grexit = 5-1
Frexit = 8-1

That was 9 days ago - add a further 360 pips to that - it doesn’t matter what we think of the EU - as always it’s what the market thinks that can make us some money.

Now 470 pips since I alerted anyone who might be interested although I suspect most here are more interested in TA.

So here indeed is the TA - falstaff mentioned resistance at 1.1100 - that resistance turned support very quickly (in 24 hrs) and has added a further 250 pips

As I said back 16 days ago

Edit - btw profit time - price likely to first pull back to 1.300 and then take stock - it’s far from a done deal yet.

Edit to the edit - one day later and price has pulled back to 1.300 - most analysts cite the NFP better than expected - always good to have a reason i suppose.

Last edit - that first edit was only worth 30-40 pips but it wasn’t TA so likely not followed.

40% increases in contributions all round then ?

I wonder if they have got one of their sets of “accounts” through Audit yet ?

Eu taxes on citizens of the member Countries is set to be around 1750 Billion in the next 7 years !

Celebrations all round ! :grinning: :innocent:

Multiple Bribes to those who would have sunk the “Deal” and in the rebates to the “Frugal Five” but hey - It’s a DEAL !

Now Cough up and Shut up ! :grimacing:

This seems to be the first time the EU has “Borrowed” money from the markets - in it’s own right - and of course once the principle is established - just like Income Tax, it will never be relinquished.

And you will hear much “hype” about how much this is going to “help” the “Recovery” of “those hardest hit” - but the forms are long and tortuous and teh money is likely to be “issued” in 2021,2022 and 2023.

In fairness here in the UK we have already borrowed money “on the markets” - AND Most of it has already been distributed ! - so the link between “cause and Effect” for this 750 Billion “EU Baleout” money sleight of hand is going to be very slow and remote at best !

It seems “Somebody” forgot that the “European Parliament” - that epitome of democracy and fair play - might Just have something to say ! :wink:

I would go with the first option.

EU might survive this, but I think after the Brexit everything will come to an end soon

With all due respect, I don’t think a survey like this is representative of whether the EU is actually good for a country or not. We saw with the UK how skewed people’s view can be about this topic - many voters didn’t actually know about the possible consequences of quitting the EU, and surveys showed very different results after the polls were decided and more information went viral. Unless you think critically and do your own research, it’s easy to adopt a biased view based on the news that are “in your face”.

(But hey, maybe I’m biased too, I am Hungarian and tired of our government demonizing “Brussels” all over our monopolized media)

I’m not trying to say I don’t doubt the EU’s future, but whether it’s better for an individual country in it than without it is a complex issue.

I compliment you on your Engish.

However when we say

It very often means "I am about to show you no respect whatever"

But tell me please- why are you towing around a link to a website trying to sell information Which was current in July - for $5.99 ?

Dora, I think that you are absolutely right. There are people who dont know the subject very well but easily hooking on some sensational stories, which you can find a lot on the Internet. The EU has its problems and issues, but isn’t it the same with every other country?

The EU IS NOT A COUNTRY !

1 Like

Eu1.8 TRILLION Budget at risk !

The EU was doomed since its creation!

Currently this doesn’t matter because all eyes on USD and what is happening in the US, will there be a fiscal stimulus or not. I have some really long-term bets at Hotforex on EURUSD which will be closed only if it reaches 1.35 level. I used 0.05 lots to open that positions and they played perfectly as investment in Euro

I would like to say this about the EU trading that might be interesting. You should know that the EU finance trading ministers did not come to agreement. This is why you see they virtually appear to be clossing but they have not made it open to the public. If there is a problem, the managers should be able to explain to us in details so as to avoid the inconviniences.

So is China the next to join the EU ?

Or is the EU going to Join China ?