I’m back folks. Long time since I have been on BP. I am finally at a point in my trading that I want to create an EA off my Microsoft excel spreadsheet based strategy. I am at a loss searching the net trying to get an idea of where to even start.
I have seen that there are many tutorials on how to program an ea based off existing indicators but I have not seen anything about programing your own ea based out of an original Microsoft excel indicator.
I use Microsoft excel to run my own formula off price data through oanda to place my trades currently. I do not have excel connected to oanda so my current process goes like this…
- I download the most recent 1 hr bar data for EUR/USD at market open on sunday, which happens to be 5pm eastern time where I live.
- I open the spreadsheet oanda gives it to me in.
- I copy all information for the most recent 48hrs. (Date. Time. High. Low. Close. and Volume.)
- I paste this information into my own spreadsheet that generates the signal
- I then manually interpret and record the relationship of the algo generated numbers that create the signal onto the same spreadsheet.
- I place the trade based off the repetitive patterns I discovered
On a side note, I can reprogram my entire algorithmic strategy from scratch in about an hour. I do not use any of the built in math or trend functions that analyze the data etc. My strategy is advanced yet basic as it measures exactly what I want within the market. It is simplified down to that absolute bone and I can not refine it any further. It takes a long time for me to generate signals on multiple pairs each night which limits my trading opportunities. I can trade anything with this but have hit my limitations with human data collection and signal generation.
Where do I look to start programing this into an ea, how do I begin to learn even where to start as a complete rookie as myself?